Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   *** IMPORTANT *** POSSIBLE NAME CHANGE FOR JABBASWORLD (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17872)

DeMoN 10-26-2004 11:34 PM

Before I post, I must admit that I have not read all the previous pages =/ I am with a sh!tload of stuff to do and I cant read all of the threads unfortunatelly.

When I first read the thread name, I couldnt believe my eyes. Never saw this coming. After reading your post, Jabba, I agree that the copyright stuff is a BIG letdown. I would love to have some merchandize that is directly connected to the place I spent the mos time in on Internet. I remember when you tried to do the shop and it was kind of a sad event hearing that we couldnt have the stickers.

There are good things and bad things about changing name. I think, though, that changing has more of an advantage. The only reason I like the current name, is because of its history... because this is what we started with. But for the good part of a change, we can buy merchandise with the sites name.

I would vote for a name change because that way, not only will we be able to have the merchandize, but I will be able to create new photoshops for the banner with the new address since, as you know, all my .PSD files were lost due to my computer hard drive failure. So if the name IS changed, I can start from scratch and this time backup the .PSD files.

SFDMALEX 10-26-2004 11:51 PM

www.apexclipers.com

I dont know......apex is stuck in my head :lol:

ZfrkS62 10-26-2004 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
www.apexclipers.com

I dont know......apex is stuck in my head :lol:

you've been playing too many video games :D

SFDMALEX 10-27-2004 12:13 AM

FYI I dont play video games :wink:

DUNKiNUTS 10-27-2004 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba@Home
Quote:

Originally Posted by DUNKiNUTS
Well i like your idea. But the name should be general like the site. But the link is cool. What about going with making a big site then have the mini sites (forums) come off of it. Like have www.theprancinghorse.net, then have US, Euro, Asian, then break it down from them but have mini sites with info, facts, videos, and have one mega site to host them all. (www.theprancinghorse.net/usa/muscle/video)
See what i mean?

In that case we may as well just re-name JW then...and we dont want that.

I want to take on www.ferrarichat.com as IMO that is one of the best Ferrari resources on the net...but I know we can do much better.

Yeah come to think of it that wouldn't be to smart, but i like the branching off the site though.

maybe?
\/\/\/
www.ferrariBuzz.net
www.ferrariflyby.net
www.ferrarifeed.net

crazidude 10-27-2004 12:30 AM

I like the name Jabbasworld. I haven't had a problem explaining it to people, but I suppose it's misleading somewhat. I'd prefer that it not change because I've grown accustomed to it. And besides, its rather unique to have a car site with a name that's not related to cars in anyway.

ZfrkS62 10-27-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba@Home
Quote:

Well i like your idea. But the name should be general like the site. But the link is cool. What about going with making a big site then have the mini sites (forums) come off of it. Like have www.theprancinghorse.net, then have US, Euro, Asian, then break it down from them but have mini sites with info, facts, videos, and have one mega site to host them all. (www.theprancinghorse.net/usa/muscle/video)
See what i mean?

In that case we may as well just re-name JW then...and we dont want that.

I want to take on www.ferrarichat.com as IMO that is one of the best Ferrari resources on the net...but I know we can do much better.

Yeah come to think of it that wouldn't be to smart, but i like the branching off the site though.

maybe?
\/\/\/
www.ferrariBuzz.net
www.ferrariflyby.net
www.ferrarifeed.net

why should it be called ferrari anything? this is not a dedicated forum to ferrari. if that's what you want maybe you should go to ferrarichat. :roll:

RC45 10-27-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazidude
And besides, its rather unique to have a car site with a name that's not related to cars in anyway.

This is quite true :)

ZfrkS62 10-27-2004 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazidude
And besides, its rather unique to have a car site with a name that's not related to cars in anyway.

This is quite true :)

with that said, how about

www.desertedblacktop.net ?

DanielW 10-27-2004 12:56 AM

i would stick to jw.com but if i had to pick one of the two, i would pick motormouth.

adamk24 10-27-2004 01:00 AM

Here are some of the names that I think would be cool that are not currently registered.
www.carchat.net
www.autoworld.org
www.speedworld.net
www.speedplanet.net
www.adamk24istehroxor.net
www.JWperformance.org
www.topspeed.net
Thats all I got for now, but on an interesting side note, go to www.JWperformance.net Kinda funny. :wink:

Chaos in 1983! 10-27-2004 01:46 AM

wow a name change...I really like JW. I'm so used to it, but I can understand why you want to cahnge it...

I like these out of adamk24 suggestions...

www.speedworld.net
www.speedplanet.net
www.topspeed.net

how about

www.speedvision.com
www.motorfans.com
www.fastlane.com

SilviaEvo 10-27-2004 01:59 AM

i know how bout www.SilviaEvosworld.net
:wink: :roll: yep im being totally serious

dingo 10-27-2004 02:52 AM

Quote:

I don't think we should have a direct reference to a particular brand (like Ferrari) as this place is about alot more than that. :wink:

Howabout this one: www.cargasm.net , but that would also be difficult to explain and probably not suitable on the back of the Diablo. :P

Toronto 10-27-2004 03:11 AM

how about www.howtodownloadvideos.com