Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How stupid can parents be? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20452)

africanmojo 12-22-2004 09:38 PM

just love the whole it looked cool when it hit part that made me laugh as it is such a guy thing to do forget the damage and everything because it looked so cool.
:D :D :D

ZfrkS62 12-22-2004 11:03 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is too good! set up a video camera to catch the whole conversation..or at least the dumbfounded look on her face :lol:

thanks for laugh gis!

5vz-fe 12-23-2004 12:20 AM

It's almost christmas, ppl will do stupid things more often than usual due to influence of alcohol

dingo 12-23-2004 05:14 AM

LMAO....thats great, let us know what happens next. :lol:

saadie 12-23-2004 06:11 AM

haha .... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gis 12-23-2004 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
It's almost christmas, ppl will do stupid things more often than usual due to influence of alcohol

do you think i would let sum1 with a full competition bow fire it through the house after having a drink of alchohol......me thinks not

Ronin005 - the bow was no gift,just what my dad does for a hobby.......hobby as in archery not shooting arrows into door frames that is,lol

and my mums reaction wasnt as bad as i thought all she did was go down and look at it and said to my dad "they have archery ranges for one good reason you know"

saadie 12-23-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

they have archery ranges for one good reason you know
:lol:
but nothings better then a self made range .. lol ..
from in the house to the lawn .. lol

gis 12-23-2004 07:11 AM

lol,funny thing is you got it spot on.he has access to a whole field with everything he needs,but british weather bein as great it is he coudlt go as yesterday it was extremely windy and rainy,so he has for a while now on occasions were he cant go to the fields,sets up a range from the front door....through the lounge......through the kitchen...........out the back door......right to the back of the yard

topgeartom 12-23-2004 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gis
lol,funny thing is you got it spot on.he has access to a whole field with everything he needs,but british weather bein as great it is he coudlt go as yesterday it was extremely windy and rainy,so he has for a while now on occasions were he cant go to the fields,sets up a range from the front door....through the lounge......through the kitchen...........out the back door......right to the back of the yard

lol ahh...British ingenuity!!!

neilo63 12-23-2004 07:34 AM

Its nothing untill it hits a car or goes through a window... or a small furry animal hahah nice shot man. Do those tips get blunt easy?

stradale 12-23-2004 08:22 AM

LMAO! Very funny story, Danny... :lol:

gis 12-23-2004 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilo63
Its nothing untill it hits a car or goes through a window... or a small furry animal hahah nice shot man. Do those tips get blunt easy?

amazingly there was no damage to the arrow,hit that wooden frame at a pretty high rate of speed and went into that wood close to about an inch.but no damage to the arrow.

here is the bow used,lol

http://img158.exs.cx/img158/7210/000_0833.jpg

saadie 12-23-2004 09:04 AM

lol ... nice to hear everything survived ..

awsome archery kit ya got there 8)

TT 12-23-2004 11:28 AM

Yes for sure I wouldn't walk around too much! more like crawling!

I was also wondering what is actually behind the target in the backyard... somebody else's backyard? In that case, i bet the enjoy your dad's activity a lot :D probably the whole family always wear medieval chainmail when going out!

gis 12-23-2004 11:44 AM

yeah i walk around like a rohirrim rider out of lord of the rings :P

anyway behind the target outside is a huge wall so no arrows will go beyond our backyard.also he only ever fires it when my mum is upstairs in bed or when we are both out.he only uses it int he house when he has to set it up for sumthing :)