Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lamborghini (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   when did you see your first Lambo? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17147)

DeMoN 10-10-2004 11:50 PM

cant remember age, prolly 13. What I really want to see though, is a Murcielago =)

oscargarza88 10-11-2004 12:14 AM

mmm.. i think i was like 14 or 15 i saw a murcielago in a lot, but i dont remember alot about it it was orange. and about 2 weeks ago i saw a parked a gallardo. it was far so i idnt see alot of details. but i really want to see a diablo, more than a murcielago

666fast 10-11-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Were there Lambos back then .... Oops sorry about that ....I was going by the Papa Hemingway look mountain man in your avatar and didnt see oyur age

LOL, well, you've got 7 years on by the looks of it! :P

Mers 10-11-2004 01:12 AM

When I was 7, I was at miami for 1 day during a disneyworld trip, and I saw an Orange SV..... i remember it until today... what a beautiful car....

Jabba 10-11-2004 05:05 AM

When I was about 13 years old there was a garage at the end of the road where I went to school that had a jaw dropping red countach in the showroom. I remember fighting my way to the front of about 50 drooling friends to get a better look at it. WHAT AN AMAZING SITE....it was so damn RED like no other colour RED that I had ever seen before. I also remember how the whole garage window was covered with drool after everyone had pressed their faces up against the glass for the whole hour lunch break.

I always dreamt of owning that red countach from the day I saw it...I would even say that it probably changed my life forever...as my life was then geared towards trying to get one. Sadly I never did manage to get a countach...but then if I had got one...then the dream may have been ruined.

dingo 10-11-2004 05:21 AM

The first I am aware of seeing was when I was about 14, in Switzerland, it was a white Countach. I did get one photo, but on a film camera. :(
The best I've seen though was the 40th Anniversary Murcielago a few weeks ago, the pics of which I posted here on JW. :wink:

SPEEDCORE 10-11-2004 06:11 AM

I I cant remember....Prob like 7-8 I had a Lambo book when I was young soo Id look at that all the time, but I believe it was a Japha or one of those oldskool models. I have seen afew Countachs, lots and lots of Diablo's afew Murcielago's and afew Gallardo's(this is on road not car shows). Ohh I try n visit the local Lambo dealer on a monthly basis ;)

Seeing the 40th Anniversary in Melb during the GP this year has been my Lambo highlight, now I need to own one :D

stradale 10-11-2004 09:39 AM

When I saw my first Lamborghini I was about 8 or 9 and I was already a big (well, not in body length obviously) fan of Lamborghini. It was at a car show where the former Lamborghini importer displayed a red Countach QV SV, a very special one, although not the prettiest Countach I ever saw. However, at the time I loved it to death and I stood there for a very long admiring the car. It blew me away and, like Jabba, I haven't been the same since. I tried to search for a picture of it on the net and the best (only one, actually) I could find is this.
http://pictures.autotrader.nl/PICTUR...20x240x1x0.jpg

The first time I saw a moving Lamborghini was at Italia a Zandvoort, an event for Italian cars. A Countach (again) wanted to leave the paddock to get out onto the track. However, there were masses of people walking through the paddock and earlier I had seen a Porsche 911 (what was it doing there in the first place?!) crawling through at walking speed. The Lambo obviously had much less trouble. As soon as it started up, revved the engine a couple of times and set itself in motion a corridor had opened up. Everyone had stepped aside immediately and looked in awe, and a bit of fear probably, as the Countach drove off.

Wonderful memories... :D

bmwmpower 10-13-2004 06:57 AM

in 1993, diablo, black colour,

SPEEDCORE 10-13-2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stradale
The first time I saw a moving Lamborghini was at Italia a Zandvoort, an event for Italian cars. A Countach (again) wanted to leave the paddock to get out onto the track. However, there were masses of people walking through the paddock and earlier I had seen a Porsche 911 (what was it doing there in the first place?!) crawling through at walking speed. The Lambo obviously had much less trouble. As soon as it started up, revved the engine a couple of times and set itself in motion a corridor had opened up. Everyone had stepped aside immediately and looked in awe, and a bit of fear probably, as the Countach drove off.

Wonderful memories... :D

Haha U jogged my memory thanx :D

The 1st Countach I saw was in Italy when I was about 10, we went to buy some farming supplies and the car dealer next door had one sitting there.

Ohh ohh I have sat in a Lambo tractor in italy as well :D

callen 10-13-2004 09:06 AM

two years ago at the detroit auto show. first time on the street last year, a black murc. and then two weeks ago in yorkville i saw a diablo, and murc. those are the only sightings ive ever had.

saadie 10-13-2004 09:50 AM

i saw my first lambo when i was like 8-9 ..... it was in the pics though ....
on 15th september 6 hours before my flight back home ... i went to the lambo showroom ..... 8) 8) 8)
http://img47.exs.cx/img47/7660/MewidMurcielago.th.jpg

Fleischmann 10-13-2004 10:39 AM

My first Lambo sighting was in London over 10 years ago. I must have been 5-6 at the time...a badass black Diablo parked in some sidestreet. I wasn't that much into cars back then, but I recognised the raging bull logo.

mclaren_Gt 10-13-2004 10:44 AM

the first lambo i seen in a magazine, is 4 or 5 years,

in the street i look it , i was 12 - 13 years, and this is a countach yellow, and is the only i ever seen in my life, in person :(

Mopsdrops 10-13-2004 11:00 AM

8 years, a Diablo SV '99 at the autosalon in Brussels. only 4-5 years ago it was. nice, it was yellow :P