Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   American Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   STS-V caught at N-ring (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10328)

SilverPhoenix 05-18-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
No hes talking about the V6 Caddy with the CTS Uniform, but not the CTS-V muscles. But the Accord V6 in Sedan form is faster than a CTS in V6 form.

255HP
3,509 lbs.

240HP
3384lbs

about 125lbs difference and 15HP. one is rwd and one is fwd.

Schwalbe 05-18-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix
Quote:

No hes talking about the V6 Caddy with the CTS Uniform, but not the CTS-V muscles. But the Accord V6 in Sedan form is faster than a CTS in V6 form.

255HP
3,509 lbs.

240HP
3384lbs

about 125lbs difference and 15HP. one is rwd and one is fwd.

one is rwd : pure pleasure of sporty RWD !
one is fwd : Fuckin torque steer and understeer FWD !

According to the data of Carpoint (MSN Bill Gates shit), the CTS is quicker than Accord V6. In addition, the CTS beat the Accord in all categories.

Cadillac CTS - V6 3.6L (255 hp) 5A + ABS
6.71 sec 0 - 60 Time
15.15 sec 1/4 Mile Time
94.40 mph 1/4 Mile Speed
139 ft Braking 60 - 0

Honda Accord sedan EX - V6 3.0L (240 hp) 5A + ABS
6.84 sec 0 - 60 Time
15.34 sec 1/4 Mile Time
95.70 mph 1/4 Mile Speed
144 ft Braking 60 - 0

I leave you the pleasure to prove me the opposite. :D

RC45 05-18-2004 02:00 PM

Well - considering the CTS is a GM product - it is destined to devalue like a mutha fucka and be frought with issues... ;)

So if I was in the market for a V6 family econobox, the Accord is the obvious winner.

I would not buy a V6 CTS for love or money.

As I say - the only redeeming quality of the CTS-V is the engine... nothing else.

Tomerville 05-18-2004 02:01 PM

I really don't like those STS's and DTS's and grandpa mobiles too much, and I hope they don't subject poor Europe to them...

Schwalbe 05-18-2004 02:11 PM

Me, this is again simpler, I would not buy the CTS, nor the Accord.

In this category I would take the Infiniti G35 Sedan, 3.5L 260 hp V6, with the 6-speed manual. :wink:

SilverPhoenix 05-18-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Well - considering the CTS is a GM product - it is destined to devalue like a mutha fucka and be frought with issues... ;)

So if I was in the market for a V6 family econobox, the Accord is the obvious winner.

As I say - the only redeeming quality of the CTS-V is the engine... nothing else.

I don't know that chassis is quite well sorted.

RC45 05-18-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know that chassis is quite well sorted.

Well - yes, the handleling goes hand in hand with the engine tuning - what I am getting at is that GM produces shit by the truck load... and that all around, GM cars general suck - in quality, resale and looks.

There are a few exceptions to this rule... one of which I currently drive, and one I will get in a couple years...

Other than that they are the Wal-Mart of the car world... selling as much shit to as many people as quickly as possible.. :P

blah 05-18-2004 05:38 PM

from what i got off car stats the Accord is quicker.

SilverPhoenix 05-18-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

I guess it would depend on the driver, conditions etc. alot of my sources say teh CTS.

RC45 05-18-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I guess it would depend on the driver, conditions etc. alot of my sources say teh CTS.

This is what is has come to?

Bench-racing an Accord against a Caddy.... ;)

SilverPhoenix 05-18-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is what is has come to?

Bench-racing an Accord against a Caddy.... ;)

i have a 90 sedan deville, :P

hemi_fan 05-18-2004 07:43 PM

so what the hell is this!?! its not even an STS. lol... its still a CTS body, so whats the point of it?

T-Bird 05-18-2004 07:54 PM

actually that is the new STS they are making all their vehicles look similar now if you haven't noticed and whoever mentioned an ETC-V they haven't made the Eldorado for a year or so now. And RC45 the transmission is a good quality in the CTS-V

RC45 05-18-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
actually that is the new STS they are making all their vehicles look similar now if you haven't noticed and whoever mentioned an ETC-V they haven't made the Eldorado for a year or so now. And RC45 the transmission is a good quality in the CTS-V

I don't remember saying it wasn't - ;) but even the Tremec in my car was subject to GM cost cutting.. they substituted the steel shift forks for cheap aluminium ones...

T-Bird 05-18-2004 08:34 PM

did you change them out or leave them? you said the only redeaming guality was the engine, so I figured