Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   American Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Chrysler 300C (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8624)

blah 04-07-2004 10:43 PM

I was thinking about posting that link gigdy, but i decided i would be a leach....

The 0-60 i saw on Fast Autos was 6.3 Seconds, and if the exhaust note is anything like the trucks when ur upclose, prepare to be stunned when this big heavy sedan passes u and sounds like a Mean ass Cuda.

T-Bird 04-07-2004 11:22 PM

I got my 0-60 from Car and Driver

blah 04-08-2004 01:17 AM

what did they say on the 1/4 mile time?

Schwalbe 04-09-2004 12:48 AM

Wow gigdy, you found a nice video of the 300C. :D

If I had this car, I would put 20" wheels .

I am so happy that the generation of the Full-size FWD American cars is past. RWD American cars rules ! 8)

Vansquish 04-09-2004 03:07 AM

Only problem with RWD cars is that most of the American public is too stupid to know how to drive them safely, and even fewer are capable in the snow and other inclement weather.

blah 04-09-2004 03:24 AM

How so would american drivers not be able to drive them? There has always been RWD cars in america. Every generation has grown up with them.

number77 04-11-2004 01:51 PM

i'm with blah on this one. i don't think you can say this about americans in general (even though you are american). the same goes for other nationalities as well. besides its not a general consumers fault in general. if someone want to hop in and stop the gas like an old pumpkin there isn't too much you can do to stop it. besides, they'll end up putting traction control on it anyways

mit5005 04-11-2004 01:53 PM

This car is so much better looking then the previous version of the 300. And the Hemi makes it a lot better too. I wonder if they will make an M version.

hemi_fan 04-11-2004 05:19 PM

well, without rwd cars on the road, how will they learn?

Nemisis8u 04-11-2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Only problem with RWD cars is that most of the American public is too stupid to know how to drive them safely, and even fewer are capable in the snow and other inclement weather.

Dude this barge has so may computer controlled driving aides it practically drives itelf.

RC45 04-11-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansquish

Load of hog wash.. ;)

My first car I bought here in the USA, in Chicago, was a 1973 Ford LTD.. complete with 400ci V8 and RWD.. oh.. did I mention it was in winter as well.. ;)

The most fun you can have on 4 wheels... ;)

nthfinity 04-11-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Vansquish wrote:

Load of hog wash..

My first car I bought here in the USA, in Chicago, was a 1973 Ford LTD.. complete with 400ci V8 and RWD.. oh.. did I mention it was in winter as well..

The most fun you can have on 4 wheels...
both my roommates survived winter w/out fwd, or 4x4 with decently powerd motors as well (but not 400cid lol) .... not a single ding, or dent. its very easy to pull 360's in rwd cars :)

ahmedgiyab 04-13-2004 04:11 PM

http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/images/300c.jpg

Will it be on sale???

blah 04-13-2004 05:25 PM

looks like a sebring fucked a XLR and thats the result :? what the hell is that?

Vansquish 04-13-2004 05:45 PM

Ok, look...I wasn't trying to imply that the people who come to this forum are poor drivers, nor that there are in fact Americans that can drive, as that is obviously true (we have quite an illustrious racing heritage that bears that fact out). My point was that the majority of people who go and buy a massive, powerful, rear drive car are floosies who can't drive them. Not all, just many of them. The fact that the 300C is crammed up the wazoo with electronic driver aids doesn't mean that the person driving it isn't more likely to smush it into something when the weather gets bad. I drive a Mazda 6, Front engine Front drive most of the time, but I also drive a Supercharged Mustang GT (probably runs about 330bhp at the wheels.) and I have driven it in the winter. I won't argue that playing with a RWD car in the snow isn't a load of fun (it is), but it's the daily commuter who has no idea what to do if they get into trouble that is the problem. People who don't know the limits of their cars shouldn't be driving them, that's all.