Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Top Gear - S9 EP1 - 28th January, 2007 - Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44632)

Stoopie 01-19-2007 05:32 PM

This will be the longest TG season of all, they'll have a lot of catching up to do ;) I can't wait to see the LP640 on the track actually!

TopGearNL 01-19-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoopie
This will be the longest TG season of all, they'll have a lot of catching up to do ;) I can't wait to see the LP640 on the track actually!

Can't wait for the Veyron, GT3 RS and F430 CS too :wink:

martin100 01-19-2007 06:29 PM

Is it already known how many episodes will be in the series?

fsandys 01-19-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Quote:

Can't wait for the ..... F430 CS too :wink:

Getting abit ahead of yourself there! See, it needs to actually be built and launched first! :P

The 599 should be fantastic in the meantime though :D

TopGearNL 01-19-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsandys
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Quote:

Can't wait for the ..... F430 CS too :wink:

Getting abit ahead of yourself there! See, it needs to actually be built and launched first! :P

The 599 should be fantastic in the meantime though :D

Nothing against dreaming is there? 8)

599 will do indeed!

obdr 01-19-2007 07:28 PM

I have a question: Arnt they just going to include all the footage and episodes from last season that were already "in the bag" when they stopped the show?? Seems to me they should just give us those first, then continue on with the new stuff......and just make it a longer season. That would sure be a treat.

I mean they still havnt tested the 997 turbo and such.

I would love to see a classic Jeremy VS Hampster epic using the 997 Turbo. That would be sweet. Or better yet, Jeremy in his Ford GT driving it a few thousand miles hehe.

obdr 01-19-2007 07:30 PM

One other thing on my wish list: Top Gear REALLY needs to test drive the Saleen S7 twin turbo...the one thats faster then a Bugatti Veyron I mean (that would be the one with the optional factory power kit upgrade).

obdr 01-19-2007 07:42 PM

I would also love to see more "challenges".

Some ideas:

1. Give Jeremy a Porsche 997 GT3 RS and see if he can lap the Nurburgring in under 8:20.
2. An "affordable Ferrari" challenge with a price cap of L5,000
3. Have one of them do a stage in a real WRC race. My vote is in a prodrive STI. Wouldnt that be freakin sweet!!
4. Make Jeremy come to the USA and do a NASCAR race.....damn would that be funny.
5. Have them build up a classic car such as the classic Lotus that Evo mag did....and then make them race it at the Le Manns classic race series or whatever. Damn that would be entertaining.
6. Have Hammond compete in the Baja 1,000 or whatever its called or the Dakar Rally. Errr...ok maybe use James this time.
7. Send Jeremy up with the Blue Angles while he is in America doing the NASCAR thing hehe and watch him throw up and black out.
8. Have Top Gear build up a tuner car (like maybe an RS4, Evo MR, or WRX Sti Spec C) and go to driving school....then make him race it in the British Tuner Challenge series or whatever that thing is called.
9. While in America doing the other crazy crap, Jeremy must prove that he has balls and drive a Pro-series drag car. The challenge is for him to post a record 1/4 mile time or something....just to prove that the british know how to go fast in a straight line just as good as Americans... (can you imagine the slagging he would give Hamster after that one!! hehe)
10. And my all time favorite racing challenge idea: Make all of them compete in the Iditarod Sled Race up in Alaska (the worlds craziest and coolest race). But let Jeremy take a Range Rover while Hammond and May destroy him with dog power!!!!

Damn, Top Gear should pay me for these ideas. I should be creative director for thier series or something!!

vexor 01-19-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin100
Is it already known how many episodes will be in the series?

no idea, but 15+ would be nice :D

vexor 01-19-2007 10:55 PM

http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost...medium/141.jpg

Anyone else notice the badge? :D

saadie 01-19-2007 10:58 PM

i notice the big bulge outselde the read window :shock:
its the ugly fat flying pig

vexor 01-20-2007 02:35 AM

and one final thing, a commercial from what's coming on this series of TG

yg60m 01-20-2007 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vexor

:D just was the trailer and I am already excited :P

TopGearNL 01-21-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vexor

Looks promising! :D

Thanks for the vid, looks like it will be a season with both fast and funny features! :P

ViperASR 01-21-2007 01:50 PM

^^^
Im afraid that is what might happen to TG. It will be like funny clips with cars. I would rather see funny reviews of new cars, with other funny bits like every other show.