Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Porsche (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I know I shouldn't post it, but I own a Porsche!!! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40493)

dingo 08-23-2006 09:36 AM

Very nice mate, to own a Porsche of any sort is really cool! :good:

What are the performance figures for these things (too lazy to look)?

Good luck with the car, and I hope you get out and do some autokhanas in it - great fun. :D

MartijnGizmo 08-23-2006 09:39 AM

211hp@5800rpm and 280Nm@4100rpm, 0-100 km/h in 7.1s and a topspeed of 240km/h. Not too bad..... :)

cooperluke 08-23-2006 09:59 AM

I'm not a big fan of the 924/944, but hey... much better than the 320, and it seems to be in top shape!!

And, 6600eur.... would make me think twice if I found one it good shape here in Portugal!!! My Austin Mini is going to stay more expensive than that!! :D

What about reliability and parts price? Good? Guess you checked on that.. :)

It's a 2990cc with 211hp, right?

It should be "adequately fast" for a daily user! :D

RC45 08-23-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperluke
It should be "adequately fast" for a daily user! :D

:) There is no such thing as "adequately fast" - you could always use "more power"... daily driver or not.. ;)

Shinigami 08-23-2006 10:22 AM

TT: how long have you had your drivers license?

Since you'll pay insurance depending on the new price of the car (for those who don't know, that's the way it works in Switzerland, and it sucks), you could definitely get "raped" by the insurance companies.

A quick check shows that the new price of this car is between 98k and 120k chf, and if you've had your license for 5 years, you'll probably pay between 3000 and 5000chf, depending on the insurance company.

RC45 08-23-2006 10:31 AM

Paying insurance on the "New Price" of a 20 year old car seems a little daft?

Afterall, the car is no longer worth that - seems a little excessive.

Oh well, such are the prices of living in europe... :) -- did we mention gasoline dropped in price by about 20c a gallon this last week? ;)

TNT 08-23-2006 11:18 AM

Congrats that is one o the harder things in life......BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini or Ferrari :mrgreen:

saadie 08-23-2006 11:21 AM

^^lol ... .

its more of bmw or porsche .... lamborghini or ferari :P :mrgreen:

yg60m 08-23-2006 11:37 AM

Congrats Matteo !!! Very nice looking 944, I wait for the review of the car and a comparo with the BMW :wink: Have fun mate :D

stmoritzer 08-23-2006 01:24 PM

Congrats to the new car :D :good:

a 944 was probabely the first Porsche I was sitting in as a child (I was even able to sit in the back :mrgreen: ) :wink:

Enjoy the ride, cool to own a Porsche 8)

redbaron 08-23-2006 01:39 PM

Congratulations TT!!

Have fun with it

How does it feel to say you own a Porsche?

Shinigami 08-23-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Paying insurance on the "New Price" of a 20 year old car seems a little daft?

Afterall, the car is no longer worth that - seems a little excessive.

Oh well, such are the prices of living in europe... :) -- did we mention gasoline dropped in price by about 20c a gallon this last week? ;)

Yup, paying full price is stupid and nobody can quite explain why it's done... Meanwhile, the insurance companies profit. But it means a lot of people who could otherwise own a very expensive car as second hand, don't, because the rest of the stuff of ownership is out of their hands... (keeps a lot of kids off the streets with powerful cars, which some consider a good thing).

The insurance companies are usually not that fussy if something goes wrong, such as an accident. You're paid quite upfront for your car. However, over here it's also "obligatory" to have car insurance. Without it, you can't have license plates, and without license plates, you can't drive a car.

I hear many sad situations (on American automotive forums) where the users have ended up in being hit by other people who have no form of insurance... Thus the person with insurance bares the grunt. IMO, insurance should be obligatory because situations like that totally suck... And too many people get away with it too (at least according to the forums).

Gas also dropped here, although not as much as in the states, oh well :p

Shinigami 08-23-2006 02:36 PM

btw: wasn't there some kinda report about drivers and their sexuality that was done some time ago. Apparently, the people who were mostly likely to "sleep around", were Porsche driver :lol:

TT: now be nice and stay faithful to your GF, you hear me ;) It's not because you have a Porsche that you can go running after other girls :p

salegosse 08-23-2006 02:37 PM

What is better ?

Giving a 16 year old Junky a Big Block or paying expensive insurance to prevent such type of comportement ?

I made my choice.

salegosse 08-23-2006 02:39 PM

I forgot...

You have only straight line. :| :mrgreen: