Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   American Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   STS-V caught at N-ring (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10328)

RC45 05-18-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
did you change them out or leave them? you said the only redeaming guality was the engine, so I figured

I have left the aluminium forks in for now... Folks that are very abusive to their tranny's have had to get the steel forks, ala-Viper, installed...

Vansquish 05-18-2004 09:02 PM

The CTS for 2004 and 2005 has an uprated version of the 3.6L V6 with 255bhp...it is indeed faster than the Honda Accord, though I think that it still looks pretty horrid and the build quality is somewhat lacking. The CTS-V is very nice, but again, it can't stand comparison to BMW in terms of build quality even if it does perform similarly to the E39 M5.

hemi_fan 05-18-2004 10:53 PM

aw man, they are making all their cars look like that... i mean, its nice, but wheres the variety!?!?! I think they should've kept the STS how it was, and just did a RWD convert. then that car wouldve kicked ass. Is the Tremec a very good tranny? Did they use that in the Camaros/F-Birds? because on the Mustang forums, they are always saying how our T5 is far superiour to the Camaro/Bird trannys in reliability, and better gear ratios. However, I know the 6-speed provides excellent mileage, but I dont think they are the same tranny...

Vansquish 05-18-2004 11:30 PM

The interesting thing is that this topic was opened under the heading "STS-V caught at N-ring"...that's the STS-V not the CTS-V...makes me wonder if the STS is still front wheel drive in "V" trim. I certainly doubt it'll compete with anything larger like the 7 series or E or S-class in any trim, much less AMG tune.

RC45 05-18-2004 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansquish
The interesting thing is that this topic was opened under the heading "STS-V caught at N-ring"...that's the STS-V not the CTS-V...makes me wonder if the STS is still front wheel drive in "V" trim. I certainly doubt it'll compete with anything larger like the 7 series or E or S-class in any trim, much less AMG tune.

We know it is the STS - the discussion moved to the CTS - please try keep up.. we know it is difficult for you Ford guys to understand more than 3 concepts at once - but jeees man... ;)

blah 05-18-2004 11:50 PM

O i got the stats from the 03 CTS model, but a Accord Coupe will beat a 04/05 so im only partyly wrong 8) Anyways its becoming rather sad when alot of american domestic sedans can be smoked by a Honda Accord.

Vansquish 05-19-2004 01:58 AM

Hahaha...sorry about that man...didn't really see where the convo switched :-)

blah 05-19-2004 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

We know it is the STS - the discussion moved to the CTS - please try keep up.. we know it is difficult for you Ford guys to understand more than 3 concepts at once - but jeees man... ;)

Sorry. atleast our Concepts get made.

RC45 05-19-2004 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Quote:

Quote:

Too little - too late... all you had was a couple dozen GT40's in the 60's - the 2000 Cobra R and now the $160,000+ GT... pales in comparison to having the defacto standard American Sports car for 51 years.. :P

No - wait... I almost forgot... you also had the Edsel.. my bad... :P

Vansquish 05-19-2004 03:04 AM

Hey hey...cool it guys...no need to get testy over this. GM has it's upsides and downsides as does Ford, and if you want to get even more involved, you could say that Chrysler does a better job getting its concepts produced than either Ford or GM.

FoxFour 05-19-2004 10:11 AM

Quote:

I can see their next product... The super-Escalade-V series...

They are about to take a good thing and give it the GM-let's-fuck-it-over-to-sell-more-units-while-the-quality-and-original-intent-goes-down-the-crapper-but-who-cars-our-stock-price-went-up treatment...

---oh, and it will get some gold-trim and stickers - and an extra markup.... ...and 22"-blade-spinners for the rappers....

Don't laugh RC, they are testing a V spec Escalade. I wish I saved the link. I subscribe to a auto manufacture insider newsletter and there are reports of V spec 'Slades driving around with either V-10 or V-12 engines. I think these vehicles are the next gen models.

nthfinity 05-19-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Don't laugh RC, they are testing a V spec Escalade. I wish I saved the link. I subscribe to a auto manufacture insider newsletter and there are reports of V spec 'Slades driving around with either V-10 or V-12 engines. I think these vehicles are the next gen models.
lol... poor gm. as long as our 6' black rappers buy them, they may almost turn a profit....... naw

blah 05-19-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Quote:

Quote:

Too little - too late... all you had was a couple dozen GT40's in the 60's - the 2000 Cobra R and now the $160,000+ GT... pales in comparison to having the defacto standard American Sports car for 51 years.. :P

No - wait... I almost forgot... you also had the Edsel.. my bad... :P

Anyone whos company makes a SS version of the Cavalier. Uhum Colbolt SS replacement for cavalier shouldnt talk thine shit.

4RCD3S4 05-23-2004 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
I know what your saying they have fucked "some" :roll: things up in the past, but they seem to be playing right with this line of cars. hell the STS-V isn't even slated for a couple years down the road.

EDIT: the appearance package would be a huge ego boost to some young dad driving his stock V6 accord outrunning a supposedly CTS-V

The standard CTS with the new 3.6 liter V6 is still a quick car. 0-60 in the 6 second range and quarter mile just under 15 seconds. He'll give the accord a good run for the money :lol:

Vansquish 05-27-2004 11:35 AM

I thought I should change my argument a little...as it turns out, the STS is going to be on a new Rear-drive platform, so all that power WILL be going to the right place after all.