Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Picture Links (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Weineck Cobra 780 cui Limited Edition 1200hp (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33675)

IgotWRXed 01-22-2006 04:22 PM

anyone else noticed that the first pics of the car are just pics of a regular cobra, and the engine with the 550 CID isnt exactly the the 780.

dangerously_cool 01-23-2006 09:29 PM

Wow that's amazing. I'd like to see a video of this. The engine is just enormous.

LotusGT1 01-24-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
And Veyrons 1000 is not execise?

At least this doesnt need 4 turbos, trillion intercoolers, and a billion $$$ to make.

Hell this car makes more sense then that Veyron junk.

Both make no sense.

The original Cobra 289 is stated to be a better drivers car than the 427. I doubt this car can do anything besides rocketing forward. This setup defeats the whole point of what kind of car the Cobra originally was.

Still cool, but definately not sensible...

I do however agree the Veyron is junk ;)

SFDMALEX 01-24-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
And Veyrons 1000 is not execise?

At least this doesnt need 4 turbos, trillion intercoolers, and a billion $$$ to make.

Hell this car makes more sense then that Veyron junk.

Both make no sense.

The original Cobra 289 is stated to be a better drivers car than the 427. I doubt this car can do anything besides rocketing forward. This setup defeats the whole point of what kind of car the Cobra originally was.

I agree.

Pirateinastang 02-04-2006 09:29 PM

Whoever calls this redneck is a moron. You wouldn't know class if it puched you in the face, this is no camaro...tools. This thing is a monster. I would love to see some vids to prove the #'s but you mama's boys who claim "drag racing is for fags who can't drive" wouldn't know what kicked your ass to the curb when this thing passed all over your ass. ha! Bring on the cubes and quit your bitchin'.

caneswell 02-05-2006 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusGT1

Theres no point comparing this to a cobra, if you read the website it is just a fibreglass body with a custom designed chassis underneath. So is likely to cope much better with the power.

Also aero grip makes very little difference on any vehicle under at least 100mph. Before then its pretty much all power to weight ratio, which this car does rather well.

04RCSTI 02-05-2006 10:26 PM

^^ Exactly... not on that chassis. 2fast2furious seems to have made it all the way to the deep south.