Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lamborghini (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lamborghini News (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8512)

kldconcept 06-02-2005 08:42 PM

sorry :cry:

a007apl 06-03-2005 09:14 AM

The Gallardo Roadster will be presented in September 2005.
During a very secret meeting at the factory in Sant'Agata, a select group of people that were invited by Automobili Lamborghini SpA was shown the new Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster version, a open evolution of the very successfull Gallardo V10 model.

Naturally it was not allowed to take photographs of this brand new car, but it became obvious that the Concept S shown at Geneva last March was not a preview of the Gallardo Roadster. The massive divider between the two seats will not appear on the production model, neither will the very nice rear view camera system nor the low windshield.

The Gallardo Roadster will however feature a strong roof configuration, like on the Murciélago Roadster, the engine cover will open in the opposite direction when compared with the closed version, but the roof will actually be able to reach the top speed when fitted, if it will be a canvas roof or a metal/Carbon Fiber roof isn't really clear yet.

The Gallardo Roadster will use a new wheel design that will also appear on the closed Gallardo and a few details will be redesigned for the 2006 model year, also note that the Murciélago will receive a modified engine, probably a 6.5 Liter version with a higher power output rating. Also the design of the front and rear bumper and the side skirts has been made more aggressive for the 2006 evolution of the Lamborghini flagship ...
We'll probably have to wait until the Frankfurt Auto Show (15. - 25. September 2005) to see the first public presentation of both the Gallardo Roadster and the MY 2006 Murciélago, but it is clear that they aren't sleeping at Sant'Agata, some very exciting things are still on their way ... this is just the beginning ...

mv 06-05-2005 11:27 AM

Ultimate Murcielago

Lamborghini has unveiled the all-new Murciélago SV, featuring the most powerful road engine the Italian firm has ever built. The heavily modified V12's capacity has grown from 6.2 to 6.5 litres, and with it power has leapt from 570bhp to 650bhp.

Four-wheel drive will continue to keep the stunning machine on the road, but a wider range of options will be offered to drivers looking to personalise their cars. Two highlights joining the list of extras are a clear engine cover and high-performance carbon ceramic brakes.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/57...urcielago.html

a007apl 06-06-2005 03:02 PM

TKX :mrgreen:

gucom 06-06-2005 03:21 PM

:D cant wait to see it...does any1 know if it will look different from the normal/old murcielago?

btw also note that they've now breached the 100hp/litre mark...i think that's a lambo V12 first? :roll:

mv 06-12-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gucom
does any1 know if it will look different from the normal/old murcielago?

It will feature a different front and rear bumper, side-skirts, wheels, possibly lights.

a007apl 06-14-2005 09:55 AM

As of 1st June 2005, Dominik Hoberg (34) is Director of Corporate Image at Automobili Lamborghini, a new function in the company. He is responsible for strengthening the image of the House of the Raging Bull worldwide.

In this new position, Hoberg coordinates the activities of the Merchandising department and also the Communication department, which remains the responsibility of Sergio Fontana (54), the Press Spokesman for the company.

Dominik Hoberg, who reports to Stephan Winkelmann, the President of Automobili Lamborghini, was born on 17th November 1970 in Cologne. He worked previously at Fiat Automobil AG (Germany), where he was Press Spokesman for the Alfa Romeo and Lancia brands.

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 7th June 2005

mv 06-15-2005 12:42 PM

There's no let-up at Lamborghini. Auto Express broke exclusive news of the Espada-inspired 2+2 in Issue 840, and we can now confirm more details - including the name. Our exclusive pictures in this week's issue prove the car will be called the Lagartijo.

The move will disappoint enthusiasts who had hoped the evocative Espada badge would be reborn. Instead, the sleek four-seater will take its name from the fabled Spanish matador who spared the life of the courageous bull Murciélago. This is an appropriate choice; the creature has already given its name to the company's £162,000 coupé.

There are obvious similarities with the legendary Sixties Espada, including two doors and pronounced overhangs. Other elements include the near-flat rear windscreen, which is tipped to hinge as a hatch, giving access to a sizeable boot.

The newcomer features carbon fibre construction, keeping weight to a minimum. Power will be taken from the Murciélago's 6.2-litre V12, delivering 620bhp. Sales are expected to begin in 2009, with the car costing an estimated £180,000. Ferrari's current 2+2, the V12 Scaglietti, carries a £170,500 price tag.

According to our sources, development of the GT means that a proposed SUV from Lamborghini - to be based on Audi's forthcoming Q7 - is now unlikely.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/57...new_lambo.html

a007apl 06-15-2005 12:48 PM

tkx

a007apl 06-20-2005 05:42 PM

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=423045

mv 06-28-2005 04:48 AM

Lamborghini apparently offers CCM brakes for the flagship, Murcielago, from now on. And it seems to brake better than both the Carrera GT and the Enzo despite the additional weight. :shock:

Quote:

Brake test
100-0
enzo 34m
murci 32,6
c gt 32,7
200-0
enzo 136,2
murci 130,5
c gt 130,8
http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...ge=0&fpart=all

a007apl 06-28-2005 10:07 PM

I understand that Lamborghini will be introducing a version of the Gallardo coupe called the Piton. 250 units to be produced worldwide, of which the US will get 90. Here is what I have heard:

- 20 hp more, to 520 HP
- Top of the car from A to C pillers will be black (like the G Spider front windscreen)
- Spoiler will be black
- Gallardo Spider rims standard
- Pirelli Corsa track tires (although street tires can be ordered)
- Upgraded engine (more hp), suspension (lower and tighter), gearbox (shorter ratios)
- Darkened taillights
- Integrated rear camera (NAV can be optioned in)
- Stainless steel kickplates
- Upgraded leather

Orders are being taken now for delivery in September 2005 and beyond. Will also be offered in a new color, a sort of Pearl White.

Priced about 10.5% higher than the base G coupe, putting it around $200K.

More power, but also more weight. Nonetheless, looks to be very mean.

TT 06-29-2005 03:35 AM

Can't wait to see some pics of it!

a007apl 06-29-2005 07:19 AM

me too :P
The Hunter begins 8)

a007apl 06-29-2005 07:56 AM

The upcoming Gallardo Special Edition which will be called, the Pitòn. The production for this car will be limited to 250 cars for the world and 93 for the US market. Your allocation for the Pitòn will be as follows:

August Production = 1
September Production = 2

This is for each dealership I guess. Also the car also features 20hp gain over the previous model. According to me salesman theres also more torque to the previous model. Its close to 510nm. Also the top speed has been improve to 315km. More direct steering then the previous model and the gear ratios are shorten. When you order the car you can actually engrave your name on it. I didn't do it but you have the choice to do it. Theres also a built-in camera installed on rear spoiler which is actully standard for this car. The Piton has black top to it. Its actully bi-color exterior. The black transparent engine bonnet is also considered standard on the car. The rears lights are also darkened out compared to the previous model. This car also has left system included for the front. This is considered standard for the car too. The color I picked out was Baloon White. If you guys have any questions on this car I will try best to answer back.

a007apl 06-29-2005 07:57 AM

Available for special order only......

A new version PITON 522HP "S" version car..will have all black roof, mirrors rear deck witgh glass and blac out bumpers and tailights....

Will have "Gallard Piton" embossed along the side rocker panels.......There will be no "Lamborghini" on the rear ....wing will be black also.....will have Perril Corso tires with seprate design wheels from standard Gallardo.....will haev adjustable suspension like the F-430 car......

0-60 3.8 (reg Gallrdo 4.1) top speed 318 KM, (reg Gallardo 305)

Should run approx 8% more than standard Gallardo pricing.

a007apl 07-04-2005 03:50 AM

"Got some more info this week about the gallardo spider:

But first - here is what I am ordering for my Spider - put some of the pre-specs in this week on her:

Color will be the Dark Grey (like a metallic Pewter) - So about 2 tones darker than the Murci Titanium. This color is available on the Murci in 05 - I have only seen 1 or 2 pics - but picture dark grey metallic. It is a special order for the Spider. Option Price (if it does not become a standard color for the Gallardo - which as of right now it is not) - $4,800.

The Interior will be two tone Black with Red inserts - and red piping. (Do not ask me to remember the fancy names they give these colors - I do not remember.

I have decided to go with the 6 speed manual

Here are the other options I will be getting - Navigation, Back up sensor, car cover, Coming home, on board computer, I am sticking with the black Break Calipers with the exterior color - I didn't think silver would look good). Power and heated seats, etc.

I also got the branding package that will have Gallardo Spider on the dash, the Lambo bull on the head rests and I think it also will say Spider on the back right rear.

__________________________________________________ __________

Couple of tidbits in no particular order that I did not know:

1.) From what we all know there will be basically 3 models of the Gallardo. The Coupe, The Piton, and the Spider. From what I am hearing the Coupe will have the 493 (aka 500hp) engine. Only the Piton and the Spider will have the 522Hp engine. Interesting to say the least if this is true...

2.) As you have seen in a few other posts - there are various packages you can get: Smokers Package (Ash Tray and not sure what else comes with smokers package - humidor maybe . If you do not get the smokers package - you get a cup holder! Yes you heard it - cup holder (I am getting this one - but will never use it

3.) There is the Carbon Fiber interior package - which I think is available on the 05 coupes: this is going to be an $8,600 dollar option - I did not get this. It replaces the center consel, dash area, Stereo area, air vents and door open areas..

4.) There is a Leather Option - same as above - but in leather instead of carbon. OK - so picture the air vents in leather? I don't think so - I am sure the heat and cold air blowing on the leather will be good for it... And the description I read actually said the vents and openings would be in leather instead of black matte plastic...

5.) They are going to offer a special Leather as well - like the napa leather with the pin/vent holes kind of like the murci - I think this was a 4K option. Of which I did not order

6.) The GLASS BONNET will NOT be an option on the spider. Due to the placement of the top hold - which covers a large portion of the engine bay - this will not be an option.

I got to see/hear a ton of stuff and the pricing on the options as well - I should be able to recall most if you all have any specifics that you want to know..."

Rich

a007apl 07-05-2005 07:59 PM

AUTO SPIES WORLD EXCLUSIVE: More hot Lambo news
6/16/2005

Lamborhini's failed attempts to revitalize the 80's junior sports car called the Jalpa may be a step nearer thanks to Audi's engineering assistance.

The intension is a smaller car, drawn in the Gallardo mould but using a tuned Audi sourced V8 of around 330-bhp.

Just as with their Italian rivals, Lamborghini will also offer nothing more complex than a 6-speed manual gearbox and a hard lid. However, lightweight materials will make the tractor manufacturers car more agile and hopefully more rapid than Ferrari’s with a projected 4.5 secs to 60-mph and a 190-mph to speed.

You may find the Geneva motor show in 2008 the place to be.

a007apl 07-11-2005 05:16 PM

" just spent 3 hours checking out the new Gallardo Spyder! It was the same yellow one you have seen in the spy pics that Allan posted earlier.

Here is some more info you may, or may not know about the car:

- The top is fully powered; just press a button to raise or lower the roof. It takes about 20 seconds to do this.

- The entire rear of the car from the beltline up tilts up from right behind the headrests and the roof panel stows away in a compartment in front of the engine. The process looks very similar to the way an SL or SLK folds its metal roof.

- Engine access is the same way as the lid opens to stow the roof; you simply pull it farther up. This gives you a bit more access to the engine bay but the rear hinge does make some things awkward.

- The complicated hinge mechanism does look like it might be something that you have to make sure stays in alignment.

- There is no glass engine cover panel option.

- The roof looks great up or down. The rear of the roof has small butresses to make the roofline more attractive when up.

- The rear window is glass and is separate from the roof. It is actually a powered window which means it slides up and down. This means that with the top down, you can still lift the rear window and use it as a wind deflector! If you have seen the TT Roadster it has a similar arrangement which is not unusual considering the cars share the same parents. The difference is that the TT still has a glass built into the roof in addition to the powered windscreen whereas on the Spyder, the rear window is also the wind deflector.

- I'm 6'2" and with the top down it does look like my forehead might get beat up by the wind. It feels like the header rail is right in your line of sight. With the top up, my hair slightly grazes the roof liner.

- The side view of the car does at leat give the illusion that the windshield is raked farther back than the coupe. Whether this is really the case, I don't know.

- The view through the windshield with the top up is similar to that of my Esprit so it felt very natural to me.

- The interior color scheme was charcoal leather with yellow piping and stitching which, coincidentally, is exactly the same as the one of my Esprit so I felt right at home.

- The car had eGear.

- The car did not have a Sport Exhaust option that I know of but it still sounded pretty good. I don't have enough experience to really compare it to the coupe, but it did sound meaner to me.

- I saw another Gallardo with Carbon Fiber replacing the silver trim and it was really nice! My car will have to geth this option when I take delivery. The silver stuff always looked cheap to me and seems to scratch too easily.

- Lambo is not confirming specs or prices on the car. No HP figures are being given so any claims you may have heard are pure speculation at this point. "

JiggaStyles09 07-11-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Lamborghini Gives Limited Green Light to Concept S
Date Posted 07-11-2005

SANT'AGATA BOLOGNESE, Italy, — Lamborghini will be building a new vehicle based on its Concept S, but will limit numbers to no more than 80 or 90, according to Automotive News Europe.

Though intended more as a demonstration of what could be done with the upcoming roadster version of the Gallardo, the Concept S proved to be such a hit with Lambo enthusiasts the company has decided to put the vehicle into production.

The company is still expected to go forward with a separate Gallardo Roadster, which could be named "Spyder" when it debuts at the Frankfurt auto show in September.

The Concept S originated in Centro Stile Lamborghini at the company's headquarters in Sant' Agata Bolognese, with primary responsibility going to the company's design chief, Luc Donckerwolke.

The production model will retain its "saute-vent," which divides the cockpit into two distinct sections, an electronically controlled retractable rearview mirror mounted in the center console, and the lack of a proper roof.

What this means to you: The Lamborghini Concept S's unorthodox appearance struck a substantial chord with enough potential buyers to warrant a production version of the car, much to the delight of enthusiasts.
apparently lamborghini is planning to produce the "Concept S." this vehicle is sepreate from the roadster version of the gallardo and is supposed to retain the duel cockpit design of the concept. i have to say i am very suprised to see this given its radical design but should be an interesting car.

article

:D

a007apl 07-11-2005 11:09 PM

:D
tkx

a007apl 07-12-2005 10:56 AM

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/cars...ssic/1207.html

a007apl 07-12-2005 08:01 PM

Lamborghini Gives Limited Green Light to Concept S
Date Posted 07-11-2005

SANT'AGATA BOLOGNESE, Italy, — Lamborghini will be building a new vehicle based on its Concept S, but will limit numbers to no more than 80 or 90, according to Automotive News Europe.

Though intended more as a demonstration of what could be done with the upcoming roadster version of the Gallardo, the Concept S proved to be such a hit with Lambo enthusiasts the company has decided to put the vehicle into production.

The company is still expected to go forward with a separate Gallardo Roadster, which could be named "Spyder" when it debuts at the Frankfurt auto show in September.

The Concept S originated in Centro Stile Lamborghini at the company's headquarters in Sant' Agata Bolognese, with primary responsibility going to the company's design chief, Luc Donckerwolke.

The production model will retain its "saute-vent," which divides the cockpit into two distinct sections, an electronically controlled retractable rearview mirror mounted in the center console, and the lack of a proper roof.

What this means to you: The Lamborghini Concept S's unorthodox appearance struck a substantial chord with enough potential buyers to warrant a production version of the car, much to the delight of enthusiasts.

TT 07-12-2005 08:13 PM

Interesting!

JiggaStyles09 07-12-2005 09:46 PM

i know i am really interested to see what the actual production model will look like and what kind of interior it will have 8) , not sure how long we will have to wait for it though, as that wasnt really stated in the article.

a007apl 07-13-2005 06:37 PM

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/87191

a007apl 07-13-2005 06:44 PM

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/87144

gucom 07-13-2005 06:53 PM

hmm shame of donckerwolke leaving lambo...he drew some great cars, especially the Gallardo...
about the gallardo spyder, its just insane...but hey thats lambo (thankfully) :twisted: i'd like to see one of those on the streets some time

a007apl 07-15-2005 06:44 AM

MY06 Gallardo

New Standard Content:
- Improved Performance: Engine 520HP :: 510TQ
- Shorter Gear Ratio (1st Gear: 27% shorter, 2nd Gear: 13% shorter, 3rd, 4th, 5th Gear: 6% Shorter, 6th Gear: 3.5% shorter)
- Air filters, heat deflectors, power steering cooler
- More direct steering rack (approx. 20% vs current Coupe)
- Sinter clutch (only manual gear)
- Improved Suspension Dampers
- Autolock (car automatically locks reaching about 15km/h)
- New Lamborghini logo on key (logo in black/golden)

- Lamborghini Multimedia System (CD Changer/MP3/Radio)
- 3rd Brake Light in rear spoiler
- New "Silver" colour on plastic interior parts
- No smoker version (cigarette lighter substituted for a 12V plug)
- New bag for tire fit

New Exterior Colours:
- Verde Faunus (Forest Green)
- Blu Fontus (sort of like F-car Blu Possi)
- Grigio Proteus (Gunmetal)

New Options:
- Branding Package
1. "Lamborghini" signature on dashboard
2. CI-Logo in headrest
- Travel Package:
1. Storage box on driver's side
2. Cupholder
3. Net behind seats on the firewall
- Winter Package
1. Heated Mirrors
2. Heated Seats
3. Heated Windshield Washer Nozzels
4. Additional black floormats
5. Winter Tires on Titanium Wheels
6. 12V Plug in Trunk
- Rear View Camera (Mounted on rear wing)
- Callisto Wheels (Silver) - Same wheels coming on Gallardo Spyder

New "Free" Options:
- Smoker Version

Changes:
- New Exterior Colour: Rosso Leto - Metallic Red (substitutes Rosso Metis - Metallic Burgundy)
- New Exterior Colour: Nero Serapis - Metallic Black (substitutes Nero Osyris - Metallic Black)

- New Interior Leather Colour: Arancio Leonis - Gold (substitutes Arancio Mira - Deep Orange)
- New Interior Leather Colour: Rosso Centaurus - Bright Red (substitutes Rosso Mysia - Burgundy)

- Luggage Set 1: 2 Suitcases for Trunk
- Luggage Set 2: 2 Suitcases for behind the seats

No Longer Available:
- Exterior Colours: Arancio Ymir (Flat Orange)
- Interior Colours: Grigio Sirius leater colour (light grey)
- Alcantera Colours: Avorio Lilium (white), Grigio Phoenix (light grey), Grigio Sirius (medium grey)

- Electric Seats
1. Available with manual seat and electric backrest (standard)
2. Available with full electric & heated seats (option)

- Track Setup
1. Steering Wheel in Suede
2. Sport Suspension
3. Air Filters, heat deflectors, power steering cooler
4. Sport Tires on Titanium Wheels

Note: Sport Setup still available which includes Sport Suspension & Suede Steering Wheel.

- Stitching in Basic Colour (applies to Bi-Colour interior only)
- Stitching in 3rd Colour (applies to Bi-Colour interior only)

MY06 Murcielago (Coupe & Roadster)

New Standard Content:
- New Bag for tire fit

New Options:
- Interior Carbon Package (contains following equipment in carbon):
1. Driver's side instrument display
2. Side covers of dashboard (left & right)
3. Small instrument display cover (on driver's side)
4. Handbrake lever
5. Kickplate
6. Air condition cover
7. Cover around radio
8. Grab handle by tunnel (passenger's side)
9. Shifting surround cover
10. Frame around armrest
11. Ashtray

- Branding Package:
1. CI-Logo on headrest

- Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Techinical Data:
Front/Rear Discs: 380mm X38mm
Front/Rear Calipers: 6 Piston
Benefits: Shorter Braking Distance, Lighter Pedal Load, No Fading, Constant Efficiency at low and high temperatures, much lighter weight, much longer lifetime

- Titanium Colours "Hercules" Rims

- New Exterior Colour - Oro Adonis: Flat Yellow (Coupe only)

gucom 07-15-2005 06:50 AM

wow 520hp and better handling for the gallardo...its closing in on the murcielago 8) They'd better hurry up with that performance upgrade for the murci...

a007apl 07-15-2005 12:50 PM

Lamborghini Gallardo It will become the Roadster

http://lamborghini.carclub.ru/pictur...1121421387.jpg
Gallardo with the detachable soft top "was lit" during the tests. Novelty they will present September in Frankfurt. The start of production is outlined for the beginning of 2006 soft roof on Gallardo Spider it is necessary to add and to spread by hand. Automobile will obtain the more powerful 522- strong engine V10 and all-wheel-drive transmission.

a007apl 07-15-2005 09:20 PM

We check out the Polizia Lamborghini Gallardo in Rome

The following is an extract from Roberto Giordanelli’s feature in Auto Italia magazine, Issue 108 2005. For access to the full feature, plus articles on driving the Maserati GranSport, the 2005 Villa d'Este Concours, the 2005 Pau Historic meeting, and much more, see www.auto-italia.co.uk

The Italian Polizia Stradale has scored a major PR triumph with the fabulous Lamborghini Gallardo. Stop Press - a second Gallardo has joined the force. Both cars are donations: the first from the Lamborghini factory and the second from an independent organisation.

Before you dismiss this PR coup d'état as a media stunt, these patrols have teeth so watch out. The officers are the best of the best and go through a rigorous training schedule, while the cars are kitted out with the very latest high-tech equipment. Police forces worldwide are always keen to improve their relationship with the public. Getting people on-side is the key factor in efficient policing. The Italians are doing just that.

At the Rome HQ of the Polizia Stradale we found two of the nicest guys you could ever meet - two of the specially-trained police officers qualified for the Lamborghinis - AS, Massimiliano Finore and ASS, Giancarlo Bravo:

Q. You now have two Gallardos. How did the second Gallardo come about?A. It was donated to the Polizia Stradale by the Peretti Foundation of API Industries at the recent 152nd anniversary celebrations of this police force.

Q. The law enforcement work of the Polizia and the Carabinieri are different. Are the Carabinieri jealous that you have Lamborghinis?A. No. There is great friendship and a great rapport between the two forces. Anyway, they had Ferraris in the 1960s.

Q. Who drives the Gallardos?
A. There are eight officers qualified to drive this car. And there will probably be another eight for the second Gallardo.

Q. What will the second Lamborghini do?
A. The same duty as ours but we shall patrol the centre and the south of the country, while the new car will patrol the centre and the north of Italy.

Q. How does policing the north compare with policing the south of Italy?
A. This is a generalisation but let us say that the further south you go, the looser the interpretation of the law.

Q. What are the Gallardo’s duties?
A. Medical activities, some escort duties, PR work, traffic duties and crime-fighting. The automatic number plate recognition system automatically flags up any nearby suspects.

Q. How did you get the job?
A. The Ministry of the Interior selects the officers by examining their driving record.

Q. So only the best are chosen?
A. No (with a modest shrug). There are many fine officers in the force who could do this job.

Q. What does it take to be a traffic cop?
A. Assuming you have met the requirements for police duty and successfully qualified, you then need a further one-year training for traffic duties.

Q. How did you train to drive the Lamborghini?
A. We did a one-week course with the car at the Vallelunga race circuit with Lamborghini's chief test driver Giorgio Sanna.

Q. Have you ever been in a car with Lamborghini's legendary test driver Valantino Balboni?
A. No, but I have heard stories that make your hair stand on end from those who have. I believe that Lamborghini is building its own test track to solve the problems associated with high-speed road testing.

Q. Are the Gallardos used every day?
A. Most days yes, but not every day. When not in use they are on standby for immediate action should the need arise.

Q. Is there such a thing as a typical day for this car?
A. No; every day is different.

Q. Has this Lamborghini been reliable?
A. Yes. Extremely reliable. We have covered 34,000km since Lamborghini gave us the car last year.

Q. What is the public reaction?
A. Very enthusiastic. It creates lots of attention and lots of questions from people of all types. The police motto is ‘Get close to the people’. These cars certainly help us achieve a closer collaboration with the community.

Q. What crimes in Italy are on the increase?
A. There has been an increase in crime committed by armed criminal elements in the immigrant community, mainly from Eastern Europe, but that is the concern of the Carabinbieri. Our job is that of traffic cops. Drink-driving is common, also driving without insurance or on false papers. All of which need cops on the ground, not cameras.

Q. Why bother to stop speeders instead of just sending them the fine and penalty points?
A. A car owner can choose not to declare who was driving his or her car at the time of the offence. This incurs an extra 300 euros fine on top of the speeding fine but does not affect the penalty points.

Q. In the two years since the introduction of penalty points and tougher enforcement of motoring laws in Italy, have you seen any improvements in the accident statistics?
A. Yes. Fatalities and injury statistics are steadily falling but we still have a long way to go.

Q. You have many accidents at weekends involving young drivers. What is being done to address this?
A. If a young driver commits an offence, he receives double points for the first three years of driving. Where permitted, his maximum speed limit is 100km/h instead of 130km/h.

Q. What is the reaction of drivers who are stopped?
A. Amazement. We have to be careful as sometimes in heavy motorway traffic, issuing a ticket can cause jams as onlookers slow down for a look.

Q. Do you ever take the car to its 200mph top speed?
A. No. There is no need, and the speed differential would be dangerous for other traffic. We do sometimes travel at very high speed, and this is where the Lamborghini scores. Other police vehicles at their top speeds are less stable and less safe than the Gallardo. Being four-wheel drive, it is extremely sure-footed in the wet. We have also used it to good effect in snow with the appropriate tyres.

Q. Recently in the UK a British traffic cop was caught testing a car at 160mph. The magistrate let him off but the press made a meal of it. What would have happened in Italy?
A. The same. The Italian press would have eaten him alive.

Q. You have little room left for any extra equipment. How do you manage?
A. If we need back-up it soon arrives.

Q. What part of your job do you like most, and like least?
A. The job varies so much and there are no bad parts.

Q. Where are you both from?
A. We are both Romans.

Q. What do you drive off-duty?
A. A Ford Ka and a Peugeot 206. Both are suited to everyday battle in Roman traffic.

Q. This Lamborghini caused quite a stir when it went to New York for the Columbus Day celebrations. Did you go to the USA with it?
A. Unfortunately not, two other officers went. But we would like to come to London if you would like to organise an invitation!

a007apl 07-16-2005 11:26 PM

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/cars...olke/1707.html

TT 07-17-2005 04:43 AM

To go from Lambo to Seat must be kinda depressing IMO :(

Too bad he is leaving.. he did a good job for Lambo, he is young and IMO he should have stayed but well.. not up to me to decide :bah:

a007apl 07-19-2005 10:54 PM

Rumour has it, Lambo is planning to build an Enzo killer in the league of the 1000 HP Bugatti Veyron and it's name will be a tribute to the greatest Lambo of them all: MIURA (2008) :shock:

TT 07-20-2005 04:00 AM

Uhm.. I am a bit worried.. why to use that magic name again? The Miura is THE Miura, and no modern car will be able to come close to it.. but we will see :bah:

mv 07-25-2005 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a007apl
Rumour has it, Lambo is planning to build an Enzo killer in the league of the 1000 HP Bugatti Veyron and it's name will be a tribute to the greatest Lambo of them all: MIURA (2008) :shock:

I can see them building it since they (VAG) already have developed everything a 1000hp car needs.

But that's actually a pretty old rumour. It's been up on italiaspeed for a while. Besides, it doesn't zoom in on the enzo, rather on its replacement, the F60.

a007apl 07-28-2005 11:14 AM

http://www.autocar.co.uk/printfriend...e&NA_ID=216303

a007apl 07-28-2005 11:16 AM

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=215249

a007apl 07-28-2005 11:40 AM

A Lamborghini Gallardo will be driven in Mission Impossible 3

a007apl 07-29-2005 01:25 PM

"I attended a sneak preview of the new roadster last night at Lamborghini Beverly Hills...one of their typically over-hyped events.....pre-registration required, absolutely no cell phones or cameras blah blah blah. The car is incredible though. It totally works as a roadster; beautiful lines! Both the engine and the top are accessed by opening the read deck lid which is hinged from the rear, somewhat the same way the Murci engine compartment is accessed."

a007apl 07-30-2005 09:41 AM

"At the Spyder preview last night I pumped E. Bragg for info.
Car will be in MONTEREY!!!

dEPENDING ON RECEPTION THERE lAMBORGHINI WILL DECIDE
Wether to make it an exculusive run of say just 50 cars or wether to do say 100. If it is a 50 car run expect the price to be 350k.
No mention of price for higher production. They are ready to start production ASAP.

I urge all here that are interested in this car to push for higher
production. The price will be cheaper but more importantly we
have a better chance of geting one at MSRP.

The salesman there said if there were only 50 cars made and they reced 4
that they would go for BIG premium."

a007apl 07-30-2005 11:15 PM

Lamborghini V16
Codenamed Miura, apparently, but an awful lot more powerful than the original; Lamborghini's next supercar is going to have Bugatti Veyron-like levels of performance.

Lamborghini SUV
Said to still be on the cards: likely to share underpinnings with Audi Q7 (Pikes Peak) rather than VW Touareg/Porsche Cayenne.

a007apl 08-01-2005 02:16 PM

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/cars...rter/0108.html

a007apl 08-06-2005 09:19 AM

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...ti_Lamborghini

leo_26782 08-06-2005 10:23 AM

^^ What is this??

I have heard rumors about Audi taking over Maserati, but this is going way behind it!

Checking the article, it is 1 month old. Still to be believed?

saadie 08-06-2005 10:26 AM

leo ...VW own audi which owned lamborghini and if audi takes over messerati .....
lamborghini is no more ... :roll:

anyways ... form the looks of that site ... i dont think that news is reliable ..... :?

leo_26782 08-06-2005 10:50 AM

Neither do I, but your right that if it were true, Lamborghini would not be THE sport name of the group, and I doubt it is what they want.

a007apl 08-07-2005 07:58 PM

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/cars...hini/0708.html

TeflonTron 08-10-2005 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo_26782
Neither do I, but your right that if it were true, Lamborghini would not be THE sport name of the group, and I doubt it is what they want.

Yes, but Maserati are owned by.................Ferrari ;)