Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Favourite TV Shows and Movies (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Farg! Farg! Farg! FF3 Tokyo Drift is coming **puke** (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37688)

RC45 05-20-2006 10:00 PM

Farg! Farg! Farg! FF3 Tokyo Drift is coming **puke**

OMFG... Please say it's not so... :(

We just saw the trailer on TV....

OMFG - unbelievable tripe, trash, puke and rubbish....

If you hated drifting before - you will loathe it now.

The cars are pulling stunts and slides more outrageous that the cartoon cars in Japanese drift animation series.

God save us....

PLEASE!!!!! I hate to think of how many more riced out pieces of shit are going to appear on the road this summer.....

:(

SilviaEvo 05-20-2006 10:02 PM

hahaha my thoughts exactly. i just want to go see the movie just to laugh at the ricers. but there was a small import car expo outside of the movie theatre the first day 2F2F came out. and there were some nice cars there. like Nissan Skyline's, Ferrari Testarossa, 360 Modena, Masers. and stuff

RC45 05-20-2006 10:04 PM

^^ Why would you give your money to the fools who produce this tripe?

ZfrkS62 05-20-2006 10:11 PM

^ because the tripe is targeted at those people. the ones who would rather see tons of tire smoke than low lap times.

these are the people who shell out 20K in body and light kits to pile onto their stock powered car.

drifting is more useless than drag racing :roll:

666fast 05-20-2006 11:10 PM

I just read an article about the cars in Sport Compact car. This time around the cars are actually quite serious. An Evo converted to Rear wheel drive, late 60's Mustang powered by a RB26 (Skyline engine)

I always said I'd never see the first two, but ended up seeing them anyway. I'm sure I'll see this one at some point, I however have no intention of paying to see it.

RC45 05-20-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666fast
I however have no intention of paying to see it.

That's the spirit.. ;)

JoeHahn 05-21-2006 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Originally Posted by 666fast
I however have no intention of paying to see it.

That's the spirit.. ;)

You know you love it, give in to the dorifto!! :P

bmwmpower 05-21-2006 01:46 AM

yes, its going to be fool movie, btw im sure many people here will trying to drift with front wheel drives , he he

Daggernite 05-21-2006 03:53 AM

Re: Farg! Farg! Farg! FF3 Tokyo Drift is coming **puke**

Quote:

The cars are pulling stunts and slides more outrageous that the cartoon cars in Japanese drift animation series.

God save us....

At least drifting does happen in real life like InitialD depicts, its full of real racing technicalities, and its even educational.
But FF3 is taking it just abit too far. Has any one seen the trailer where theres a car drifting up the multistorie car park ramp? And has anyone seen how they have made the RX7 look totally gay.
Like RC said. This will offer nothing to the car enthusiat, and only make mcdonalds car parks fill up even more with teenage boy racers, reving there 1.1 corsa engines till they almost blow, almost making there vulgar bulky bodykits rattle off the car while they flash there neons on n off while simultaneously blasting out crap music, with the bass so high the fillings come loose from my teeth.

So yeah im hyped about FF3

Not

ARMAN 05-21-2006 01:41 PM

http://haohaotx.com/gotrice.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwmpower
yes, its going to be fool movie, btw im sure many people here will trying to drift with front wheel drives , he he

um... how do you know that I wanted to attept doing just that :D

TopGearNL 05-29-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Don't go to the cinemas to watch that piece of crap... just donate that money to JW instead :wink:

Exactly my thoughts :lol:

Why would you want to spend 20.000 USD on body kits and spoilers that don't even make the car faster?

Better of buying a fast Bmw, Merc, Audi or american. Might be expensive but hey, at least the money is spend where it belongs, under the bonnet :wink:

Zot09 05-29-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
^ because the tripe is targeted at those people. the ones who would rather see tons of tire smoke than low lap times.

these are the people who shell out 20K in body and light kits to pile onto their stock powered car.

drifting is more useless than drag racing :roll:

I agree that the F&TF series is a bunch of riced-out cars doing stupid-ass stunts, so I also loathe the series just like most of you. I also dislike riced out cars that have 20k of body work but no performance mods. But I can appreciate cars that are modified well and cleanly, whether they be Japanese or not(and no, I'm not some jap-car fan-boy; if anything I would be a MBZ or BMW fan-boy). But do you seriously believe that drifting is more useless than drag racing? Sure, now that is is becoming such a big mainstream thing, it is becoming pretty "gay" but you have to admire the individuals that actually have mastered the difficult art of drifting. I'm sure it takes much more skill than rowing through some gears while going in a straight line(not that it is easy going in a straight line with a 1000+ hp car). Basically, all I'm saying is pay some respect to the real drifters.

Anyways, who wants to bet that modifying laws are going to get stricter in California, and around the US, after this movie comes out?

r2r 05-29-2006 09:16 PM

Lets not even think about this movie, it makes me sick :puke:

coloradosilver 05-29-2006 11:48 PM

I might decide to see it, but if I do, it will be a free download. Will never pay to see this.

SilviaEvo 05-30-2006 12:38 AM

Re: Farg! Farg! Farg! FF3 Tokyo Drift is coming **puke**

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Quote:

God save us....

At least drifting does happen in real life like InitialD depicts, its full of real racing technicalities, and its even educational.
But FF3 is taking it just abit too far. Has any one seen the trailer where theres a car drifting up the multistorie car park ramp? And has anyone seen how they have made the RX7 look totally gay.
Like RC said. This will offer nothing to the car enthusiat, and only make mcdonalds car parks fill up even more with teenage boy racers, reving there 1.1 corsa engines till they almost blow, almost making there vulgar bulky bodykits rattle off the car while they flash there neons on n off while simultaneously blasting out crap music, with the bass so high the fillings come loose from my teeth.

So yeah im hyped about FF3

Not

expensive ass RX7 though. its a Veilside RX7 and costs 150,000 dollars. who knew Veilside would churn out crap but it didnt use to be carrot piss orange though it was silver or something

5vz-fe 06-16-2006 04:28 PM

http://www.nypost.com/movies/too_eas...kyle_smith.htm

evoWalo 06-17-2006 04:40 PM

Anyone watched it yet? How "bad" is the movie? Most of the review sites gives it 2-4 stars out of 5.

ZfrkS62 06-17-2006 04:49 PM

Even my girlfriend is laughing at this crap. Even though she had to ask me what drifting was, she could tell it was complete crap. She's just waiting for Bay area retards to try to drift their front wheel drives right into telephone power poles :lol:

evoWalo 06-17-2006 04:56 PM

I pray that I wont see more Civics & Corollas with mods. The world doesnt need more carbage.

DeMoN 06-17-2006 06:09 PM

Instead of seeing the stupid movie, I wanna go to the movie theater with some sort of stickers saying "Fast and Furiously RICED" to stick on all the cars with fartcan exhaust.

gottacatchup 06-17-2006 11:34 PM

I'll admit I did go and see this movie today. And never fear it was just as bad as it looks, although no more civics and other crappy front drivers just an Evo with the AWD system disconnected.

Oh and everytime they implied that drifiting was actually a form of racing i wanted to shoot myself in the face. Drifting is slower than grip driving you stupid morons!!!

ZfrkS62 06-17-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evoWALO
I pray that I wont see more Civics & Corollas with mods. The world doesnt need more carbage.

what do you have against corollas :wink:

evoWalo 06-17-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

nothing bad about corollas so long as they dont have fart pipes or try to mod it to look like E36s.

ZfrkS62 06-17-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

nothing bad about corollas so long as they dont have fart pipes or try to mod it to look like E36s.

how about missing mufflers? :lol: :mrgreen:

5vz-fe 06-17-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Talk about corolla today I saw a AE86 dress up to look like the one in initial D (yes even with the toufu stickers).

New proposed law focus on street racing
http://news.gc.ca/cfmx/view/en/index...icleid=220269&

sikx5 06-18-2006 12:53 AM

It sure does look like utter crap, just like the other ones. Dont plan on seeing it at the movies, But that brunette bird in the movie looks quite hot :lol:

evoWalo 06-18-2006 06:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

how about missing mufflers? :lol: :mrgreen:

well missing mufflers are ok...

pagani 06-18-2006 07:34 AM

I have lots of respect fot the rea driftersl but got zero respect for ricers.
That have more plastic than tupperwear party and zero performance.
:D :o :cry:

sikx5 06-18-2006 09:49 AM

To my suprise i ended up watching it tonight, And i have to say there are some nicely tuned Jap cars in there, All jap spec, down to the rays duraluminum wheel nuts. But the high-light for me was that Brunette chick :shock: She is damn fine!!

Not much of a story line, but i liked this FF better than the others. The R34 N1 engine was also a nice touch, but IMO it should not be placed in such a iconic car.

RC45 06-18-2006 11:58 AM

^^^ By spending money to watch it in the theatres you just guaranteed a FF4.

Just admit it - each of you folks who went to watch actually like this shit and it made you all gooey and turned on :P

You all wished you had cars like that ;)

All y'all have been outed.. :)

Daggernite 06-18-2006 12:10 PM

So the film is out now?

Its going to be fun reading about all the lives lost where dumbasses have tryed drifting, and then actually drove straight into a family. I see it coming, I hope im wrong though.

Remeber guys... "if your not out of control, your not in control" :roll:

5vz-fe 06-18-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Remeber guys... "if your not out of control, your not in control"
huh?

TopGearNL 06-18-2006 06:46 PM

I won't like it, but probably see it, there will be no escape :twisted:

sikx5 06-18-2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

^^^ By spending money to watch it in the theatres you just guaranteed a FF4.

Just admit it - each of you folks who went to watch actually like this shit and it made you all gooey and turned on :P

You all wished you had cars like that ;)

All y'all have been outed.. :)

Lets hope there wont be a FF4, but im sure i didnt help that cause :(

I will admit i very much liked the proper Jap tuned monsters, But the stickers is where i draw the line, keep the paint work clean! That chick was about the only thing that turned me on, that was worth the $5.50au movie ticket :mrgreen:

hxxp://damnimcute.com/cutie-of-the-day/cotd-nathalie-kelley/

(change the XX to TT)

TT 06-24-2006 06:05 PM

Ok, I watched it too and I admit I was kinda surprised since I managed not to stop halfway through it!

Possible spoilers...

Most of the stuff is so exagerated and over the line that you just don't bother about the details. The cars are the usual piece of riced shit, and the stunts not so impressive. But there are some nice powerslides here and there, and although there is for sure some edtiing cutting here and there, some of hte races are quite interesting. Too bad most of it is at night :bah: it kinda makes it harder to understand what's going on, but the drifting in the car park, if real, is top notch :D
The Mustang with Nissan I6 engin is funny as hell LOL :D

I adored Keiichi Tsuchiya cameo and was damn surpised to see Vin Diesel at the end :!:

No shit, it's the usual FF stuff but it's enjoyable, and I kinda liked the idea of this "young" lad (of course the actor is too old for his role IMO) moving to Japan and discovering the car scene, the mafia problems and such.. really nice japanese atmosphere throughout the movie :!:

RC45 06-24-2006 07:11 PM

^^ only problem is "street drifitng" and "street racing" is no longer the rage in Japan ;)

Most of it is at night - as thats the easiest type of light to do alll the fake CG and slow-motion "stunys" ;)

TT 06-25-2006 04:13 AM

Well, anyway I doubt the stuff they pretend "normal" in the movie was ever the rage down there ;) this doesn't detract to a movie that anyway doesn't want to be realistic ;)

FoxFour 06-25-2006 10:50 AM

I saw the movie the other night and enjoyed it for what it was, a good popcorn movie. The cars were certainly more realistic- no neon or goofy stickered cars, no multi-colored exhaust flames. These cars were representative of the actual cars that you would see in that area of the world.
I saw no CG effects as far as how the cars performed, what you saw is what the drivers actually did. Remember the scene in the commercial when you see the 350Z drift up that very narrow lane that circles up to the top of the garage? The director thought that the scene could not be done by actually drifting, they were talking about using cables and such to give the impression that the car was actually drifting. Rys Millen told the director that he thought that he could do it, and he did without touching the walls at all.
The only time that I suspected that they used CG was when the two drift cars touge' down the mountain in the movie's climax. It was a distant shot of the two cars racing and then the camera zooms out as the cars rush by.
From what I understand, over 120 cars were modified for this film. The main cars had extensive engine and suspension upgrades. The main 350Z that the 'baddie' drives was a twin-turbo powered car that put out 450 hp to the wheels. That Chevelle that we see in the beginning of the movie racing the Viper had a 500+ cubic inch big block with some serious suspension work. And that '67 Mustang with the Skyline engine- Me likey!

TT 06-25-2006 01:40 PM

Am I crazy or do I see only sort of positive reviews so far? :D so I am not alone ;)

AlienDB7 06-25-2006 02:22 PM

All I can say is.... I was surprised.

gigdy 06-25-2006 03:12 PM

Well atleast they stopped trying to have a plot.

T-Bird 06-28-2006 11:19 AM

well you boys convinced meto go see it and I was very suprised I think it was the best of the 3 but yes Bow Wow didn't have to be in there. did anyone else realize that the rich boy that drives dadies Viper into the concrete pipe was the oldest kid from Home Improvement?

ARMAN 06-28-2006 02:19 PM

I liked it too, suprisingly. The end of movie was the best imo :D

evoWalo 06-30-2006 09:37 AM

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...Untitled-1.jpg

r2r 06-30-2006 09:40 AM

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skaala 10-15-2006 01:15 PM

I just saw it. the race at the beginning, and the chase scene in Tokyo must be some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen. If you are chased by a nutter with a gun, do you really take the time to drift in and out of traffic, and show off? NO!!

and what kind of car was that old car at the start that smoked the Viper and can do several barrel rolls without a rollcage, and without buckeling the roof?

Ghostbat 10-15-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skaala
I just saw it. the race at the beginning, and the chase scene in Tokyo must be some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen. If you are chased by a nutter with a gun, do you really take the time to drift in and out of traffic, and show off? NO!!

and what kind of car was that old car at the start that smoked the Viper and can do several barrel rolls without a rollcage, and without buckeling the roof?

You do realize that it's fiction (like many other movies) and they don't always reflect how stuff happens in the real world :wink:

But yes it is an exceptionally stupid movie..

Skaala 10-15-2006 01:48 PM

^of course, but certain things are just stupid to mess with...

T-Bird 10-15-2006 04:31 PM

I don't remember but it was either a Nova or Chevelle I'm leaning towards Chevelle with a very large 600+CI motor in it and it did have a roll cage.