Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ***Clarkson's Hot Metal finnally arrived!!!....but...*** (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20027)

Chaos in 1983! 12-11-2004 05:49 PM

***Clarkson's Hot Metal finnally arrived!!!....but...***

So after about an eternity of waiting, my Hot Metal DVD finnaly came...
I quickly got my camera, eagerly opened the package...took out the DVD box...opened it...and...it was empty :cry:

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/5296/dsc003605sw.jpg
http://img112.exs.cx/img112/543/dsc003627or.jpg
http://img32.exs.cx/img32/6195/dsc003681ye.jpg
http://img56.exs.cx/img56/9613/dsc003755fa.jpg

SilviaEvo 12-11-2004 05:52 PM

what the hell?!!? that is gay!!!! dont worry i also havnt watched it yet!

Pimp Racer 12-11-2004 06:02 PM

Oh man sucks to hear! maybe the postman took it?

ZfrkS62 12-11-2004 06:06 PM

that bites man :( hopefully the company will send you another one.

gobs3z 12-11-2004 06:22 PM

THat bummer and one hell of a tease. Get a hold of your post man and interrogate him. :x

salegosse 12-11-2004 06:56 PM

LOL :mrgreen:
Sorry for you :wink:

DeMoN 12-11-2004 07:07 PM

WOW how did that happen? What are you planning on doing?

gis 12-11-2004 07:13 PM

GUTTED the one thing you dont wanna see when you open a DVD case,LOL

racer_f50 12-11-2004 07:27 PM

damn that must suck! hope you can get the DVD sometime.

http://img67.exs.cx/img67/4484/owned1jm.jpg

Chaos in 1983! 12-11-2004 07:50 PM

LOL at the pic!!!...

This was my prize from the photoshop competition ranking...Jabba sent Hot Metal to Lotus and me being the top two winners...

The package was tightly sealed and looked intact in perfect conditions...I highly doubt it was opened...

I guess Jabba mixed up or it was already empty when he bought it... :? ...who knows...

Well at least Jabba now knows how long it takes to send something from UK all the way around the world to Nicaragua... :wink:

Thanks a bunch anyways Jabba!!!!

Anonymous 12-11-2004 08:02 PM

Lets hope its just a mix up...... but i have no confidence in the post anymore.... so many things go missing :-(

gangajas 12-11-2004 08:18 PM

If you want the torrent file....

Anonymous 12-11-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gangajas
If you want the torrent file....

Don't think he needs it..... there are other sources closer to home :wink:

stradale 12-11-2004 08:27 PM

Oooh NO!!! Damn, that's awful....

At first I thought you might be pulling our leg, but it seems not. :(

cho_888 12-11-2004 08:33 PM

wow, what are the chances of that!!! that must suck. they will send you another i imagine

Toronto 12-12-2004 04:33 AM

jabba never said he would send the disc did he :D !!!!!

FPVPSI 12-12-2004 04:59 AM

I have a strange feeling that ur gonna get it in the mail in the few days...Jabba up to his old tricks... :lol:

dingo 12-12-2004 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cho_888
wow, what are the chances of that!!! that must suck. they will send you another i imagine

who are 'they'?....it was sent by Jabba.

Thats bad news, but if it seems intact then it is really strange. :?
FPVPSI might be right, could be a prank by Jabba.....lets hope so anyway :)

sikx5 12-12-2004 06:03 AM

God damn it! thats gotta suck, hate when people steal shit....

TT 12-12-2004 06:27 AM

OH SHIT! I really doubt somebody opened the envelope, stole the DVD and put the box back in.. or is it possible? Was the envelope apparently still sealed?

na2o 12-12-2004 06:50 AM

may i know y u have a barbie's pink comb on ur desk? :? :lol:

saadie 12-12-2004 08:20 AM

damn .. that SUX ... 0X

Anonymous 12-12-2004 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT
OH SHIT! I really doubt somebody opened the envelope, stole the DVD and put the box back in.. or is it possible? Was the envelope apparently still sealed?

Well if ya crafty enough sure.... but a bit much for a DVD IMO........ i've never heard of stuff like that happening.... usually the whole thing goes ahem "missing"

No.1 12-12-2004 08:37 AM

LOL.... i'm sure it was an innocent mistake by Jabba 8)

BTW - where is the ol' dog :?: ... i haven't seen him on here for a while :?

TT 12-12-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!
LOL at the pic!!!...

This was my prize from the photoshop competition ranking...Jabba sent Hot Metal to Lotus and me being the top two winners...

The package was tightly sealed and looked intact in perfect conditions...I highly doubt it was opened...

I guess Jabba mixed up or it was already empty when he bought it... :? ...who knows...

Well at least Jabba now knows how long it takes to send something from UK all the way around the world to Nicaragua... :wink:

I didn't see this reply.. uhm well, I can assure Jabba double checked.. both packages had the DVD inside the box before sending them obviously. And only an idiot would make such a mistake.. and Jabba isn't an idiot at all :)
The DVD was in there when the package hit the UK post office! :( 100% sure about this.

But since you will probably win the DIVX player too, Jabba will put another DVD together with it, and this time with pictures showing also the DVD itself.. will be sent FedEx (wich will cost way more than player+DVD) hoping this time nothing will "vanish"

possessed_beaver 12-12-2004 11:59 AM

so im guessing there was no tracking on this package?

Anonymous 12-12-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT
Quote:

LOL at the pic!!!...

I didn't see this reply.. uhm well, I can assure Jabba double checked.. both packages had the DVD inside the box before sending them obviously. And only an idiot would make such a mistake.. and Jabba isn't an idiot at all :)
The DVD was in there when the package hit the UK post office! :( 100% sure about this.

But since you will probably win the DIVX player too, Jabba will put another DVD together with it, and this time with pictures showing also the DVD itself.. will be sent FedEx (wich will cost way more than player+DVD) hoping this time nothing will "vanish"

What petty bastards :| that someone would steal a DVD that was a present/ prize and go to so much effort in doing so.... really makes you lose faith in people........ we've had so much stuff go missing with the UK post office personally.... so i wouldn't put it past them....... :|

Chingachgook 12-12-2004 12:45 PM

DAMN !! I'm sorry for you mate ...
My brother's laptop broke down, so we send it to the Asus Assistance but someone stoled it ... now we're waiting for a new one without paying ..

DAMN IDOTS :twisted:

Chaos in 1983! 12-12-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT

I'm not saying that about Jabba...I would never do that :| ... but I swear to god the DVD box was empty...and the package semed shut thightly and intact...so it was just natural to think that...sorry.... :oops:

I hope nothing gets lost this time...

TT 12-12-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT

I'm not saying that about Jabba...I would never do that :| ... but I swear to god the DVD box was empty...and the package semed shut thightly and intact...so it was just natural to think that...sorry.... :oops:

I hope nothing gets lost this time...

Well it sould because I don't really think nobody would dare to touch the content of a fed ex package!
It sucks major balls and would be nice to find out at wich point the DVD disappeared.. and I wonder if we should we check eBay to see if a Hot Metal w/o box will be put up for sale...

deth 12-12-2004 08:53 PM

Damn...hope teh divx player and 2nd dvd get there intact!

Quote:

Originally Posted by na2o
may i know y u have a barbie's pink comb on ur desk? :? :lol:

may i know y you know its barbie's comb? :wink:

Jabba 12-13-2004 07:12 AM

Chaos as said the disc was in the case for sure....I am not really surprised that it was stolen however as the post in the UK is terrible for theft. I already had another DVD that was stolen this week that was being sent to me...so I indeed share your pain.

I am going to send you your Divx player by fedex and I will put another hot metal disc inside the player....I will also take photos this time as proof of what I am sending.

As mentioned by TT the shipping will indeed be around $170 but I guess its worth it as your should get your prize within 4 days (in time for Xmas)

Pokiou 12-13-2004 07:25 AM

lol.. damn sucsk to be you :P joking ..i got my hands on it here in australia and it was full ... lol go figures.. sometimes things jsut dont work right .. o wait my bad lol :P

hope jabba helps you :)

Pok.

Jabba 12-13-2004 01:06 PM

Lets hope we have better luck with this one...

I will PM you the UPS tracking number so you can watch it being delivered right up to your door step.

http://www.jabbasworld.net/divx/1.JPG
http://www.jabbasworld.net/divx/2.JPG

TT 12-13-2004 01:18 PM

Fingers crossed!

Jabba 12-13-2004 01:39 PM

I wonder if its even gonna work...I mean it being 240 Volts for one ????

TT 12-13-2004 01:52 PM

Well adapters are sold everywhere, so not a big deal I think.

callen 12-13-2004 02:02 PM

nice player! hope this one gets to you intact chaos! :D

5vz-fe 12-13-2004 02:12 PM

hahaha, Santa Clause Jabba at work now =)

Jabba 12-14-2004 03:32 PM

NICARAGUA here I come !!!

As far as I know I have paid for all the import duties as well...but if there is anything to pay then I will either have to pay pal the money to you...or you can get UPS to call me and I will pay any extra charges by CC for you.

It should be there by Monday and I will PM you the tracking number shortly Chaos.

http://www.jabbasworld.net/bear/8.jpg

TT 12-14-2004 03:38 PM

HAHA, brillant!

Jabba 12-15-2004 05:25 AM

For all those that want to track the progress to NICARAGUA....

http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_GB

Then the tracking number is :

M123 9611 096

T-Bird 12-15-2004 05:33 AM

Is that a Dodge Ram at that Auto collision repair shop?
didn't know they sold those in Europe...

Jabba 12-15-2004 07:32 AM

hhahaha well spotted eagle eyes.

sikx5 12-15-2004 08:51 AM

wow thats some detailed tracking, thats pretty damn cool! :P

TransAm 12-15-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Is that a Dodge Ram at that Auto collision repair shop?
didn't know they sold those in Europe...

Good spot T

No they don't officially sell them in UK, in fact Chrysler Dodge sell only the Jeep range, the neon and the voyager/caravan in the UK, AFAIK, oh and that awful cruiser thing. You could have kept that on your side of the pond IMO.

It's too damp in the UK and petrol costs too much for pick up trucks, most people have vans instead, and 99% are diesel. Having said that, we get the 4 cylinder versions of the Ranger/Mazda B, Hilux (Tacoma), Mitsubishi L, Subaru Brat, and that really is about it.

possessed_beaver 12-15-2004 11:59 AM

damn, it doesent have a map of the world with the parcel location on it.. :(

TT 12-15-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
damn, it doesent have a map of the world with the parcel location on it.. :(

LOL, I bet GPS tracking will come soon enough :D

possessed_beaver 12-15-2004 12:33 PM

or jappa should of shiped a gps reciever with it :P

TT 12-15-2004 12:42 PM

Don't worry, we will soon introduce JW express mail :D