Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The best watch out there is not rolex it is Breitling (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13718)

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 08:49 PM

The best watch out there is not rolex it is Breitling

Want a cool watch like james bond check out the breitling web site. There is a watch with a homing beacon that if you lost at sea or a plane crash emergancy workers can find you. Its called the Prof. Emergancy mission watch it has a removeable antena in it awsome.

T-Bird 07-27-2004 09:00 PM

yeah I've heared about that watch but if you want a Bond watch you have to buy an Omega since that's what he wears.
For the Money I would say Fossil or Swatch are the best.

Tomerville 07-27-2004 09:01 PM

Id take a Breitling Colt with a blue face thank you very much :)

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 09:13 PM

You should download the screensaver its pretty cool it shows the watch and tells real time and rotates

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 09:15 PM

omega sucks and swatch sucks and fossil sucks more cheap watches for the poor who can not afford a real watch.

T-Bird 07-27-2004 09:21 PM

well Omega IS the Bond watch and why the fuck do you have to spend soo much on a frickin Breitling watch when I've seen way nicer looking watches from Fossil and If I were to spend a bitch load on a watch it would be a TAG.
What do you wear, a Timex?
that's the Saab of Watches isn't it? (want's to play with the big boys but can't) :wink:

antonioledesma 07-27-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
well Omega IS the Bond watch and why the fuck do you have to spend soo much on a frickin Breitling watch when I've seen way nicer looking watches from Fossil and If I were to spend a bitch load on a watch it would be a TAG.

why would I spend so much in a watch... it's the same as..why would you spend so much in a nice bmw, mb, a ferrari?
Buy a corsa, a cavalier, a neon,any us$10000 car, they do the same.

and a tag isn't a bitch load.
Of course you're still a teenager and like more flashy watches. But I would like to have a Geneve, baume, nardin, condor, iwc, patek, audemars piquet....OMG. :shock: ..I'm wetting my pants :oops:

maybe in some years you'll learn to care about these brands as you like big names in car manufacturers. If not... great for you, watches aren't your thing

EDIT
and rolex look to me as a pimp's watch. The brand doesn't have the fault, but many vulgar ppl use that watch

T-Bird 07-27-2004 09:56 PM

My Fossil isn't a flashy watch it's a very nice watch that doesn't stick out too much and didn't cost too much ($150)
I do like some expensive cars yes but I would never buy a $10,000 US car since that wouldn't even get me a Neon or Cavalier. I'm a Die Hard Ford fan not exactly the top notch fancy car companies.

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 10:08 PM

Fossil is a poor mans watch hands down. The only reason rolex and tag are cool to you your rapper god wears one for bling bling. When you step out of the blured world you live in you will find that you have always sucked. Loser

SFDMALEX 07-27-2004 10:10 PM

WTF :?

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 10:13 PM

Thats why in europe people see rolex as a pimp watch. Thats why breitlings are more desireable a black rapper does not wear them. When you grow out of those sticky sheets you see there is more to life then ford and tag. Try something for me read a book. (if you can birdman)

arturo 07-27-2004 10:13 PM

elitist muppet alert !

T-Bird 07-27-2004 10:16 PM

OK I fucking HATE rap OK so no that's not it and I don't like Rolex anyways they areway too overpriced and flashy. for someone who doesn't need to have an expensive watch a Fossil is NOT a poor man's watch a Poor man's watch is a Timex or one of those novelty Mickey Mouse watches NOT a Fossil have you ever owned a Fossil? they DON'T suck at all. Why the fuck should i buy a watch that I have to insure that's stupid so I would never buy a fucking Rolex or anything like that Fossil's are good enough for alot of people with money so they are good enough for me, For fucks sake I saw Michael jordan buy a damn fossil watch at their store in Water Tower place in Chicago. they are good watches and they stand behind their warranties too. I dropped one on the crystal and it cracked so I took it to the store and they just gave me a new one no questions asked plain and simple. they keep time damn well I have no regrets buying it that's why I have 3 of them.

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 10:17 PM

im sorry i never had a poor mans watch i did not know how far down it went. Your touchy. Have you masterbated today

T-Bird 07-27-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardbauer
Thats why in europe people see rolex as a pimp watch. Thats why breitlings are more desireable a black rapper does not wear them. When you grow out of those sticky sheets you see there is more to life then ford and tag. Try something for me read a book. (if you can birdman)

Fuck off dick shit noobie I read books all the time so don't give me that shit hell you think All I like are Tag watches and Fords, well you have alot to learn you infantile little prick you seem to be more closed minded than anyone else all you like is Saab and Breitling.
Why the fuck do you need a watch with a GPS locator do you go out on expeditions into the unknown on your own alot?
I don't give a crap if the watch was built for Mr. Virgin Not many people will never need something like that.

T-Bird 07-27-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

im sorry i never had a poor mans watch i did not know how far down it went. Your touchy. Have you masterbated today

I don't have to jack off all the time like I'm guessing you do. A poor man couldn't afford to blow $150 on a watch you have to realize that for some people that is alot of money to blow on a watch that does the same job as a $20 watch same with a Breitling. Hell an old used Saab is poor man's car so deal with that.

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 10:27 PM

how about a sterling? have you ever seen one. I have 1991 827 sl 24000 original miles great car very rare. See it is not a gps locator do your homework. It is a becon signal with an fcc id code. And i do alot of expeditions i run a guide service in michigan for youth groups so it would be perfect for me. You really need to calm down. Here you go do this. Take your watch and time yourself and see how long it takes to put you dick in your moms mouth. She is in the room right next to you go ahead we will wait........tick tock......Does you watch go the the half second like the breitlings........i take that as a no....later

blah 07-27-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird

why would I spend so much in a watch... it's the same as..why would you spend so much in a nice bmw, mb, a ferrari?
Buy a corsa, a cavalier, a neon,any us$10000 car, they do the same.

and a tag isn't a bitch load.
Of course you're still a teenager and like more flashy watches. But I would like to have a Geneve, baume, nardin, condor, iwc, patek, audemars piquet....OMG. :shock: ..I'm wetting my pants :oops:

maybe in some years you'll learn to care about these brands as you like big names in car manufacturers. If not... great for you, watches aren't your thing

EDIT
and rolex look to me as a pimp's watch. The brand doesn't have the fault, but many vulgar ppl use that watch

you can have sex in a car. can you have sex in a watch... I do believe my point has been proven. :D

Chaos in 1983! 07-27-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

WTF
WTF Indeed!!!...what the fuck are you arguing about!...a fucking watch?? and what's so bad if someone can't afford a US1500 watch?...I can find hundreds of better ways to spend 1500 than on a watch...and IMO Fossils are good watches..and yeah I can't afford a rolex or a breitling...so fucking what?!!! :fist:

jpatino03 07-27-2004 10:30 PM

Rolexes are garbage, you're just paying for the name, like buying a Mercedes. IMO Tag Heuer are the best watches, classy and understated.

As for you EdwardBauer: Who the Fuck do you think you are? I bet you think you're classy quoting DaVinci. Just 'cause you own nice things doesn't make you any better than anyone else, and certainly doesn't entitle you to come in here and start insulting people who've been her elonger than you just because they don't have as much as you.

antonioledesma 07-27-2004 10:31 PM

HEY!!!!
calm down. Don't continue with all this shit!!
T-bird, you say your fossil isn't flashy, sorry if I told something I didn't. I've seen some flashy fossils and yours isn't, but that's not the main aspect of this topic.
maybe edwardbauer is pushing it a little hard. I still have a snoopy watch that I bought in a supermarket (us$15), I love it, but now I'm using a swatch (never had anything against them, I used 3 or 4 when I was a kid)

As long as you like your watch it's fine. If you have a snoopy watch (supermarket or the fossil models), a rolex, tag's, whatever.

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 10:33 PM

touchy touchy

good vs evil
rich vs poor
good will previel sooner or latter

wow you guys are touchy

edwardbauer 07-27-2004 10:37 PM

good night all

did not mean to get everyone in a tizzy

SFDMALEX 07-27-2004 10:38 PM

edwardbauer why dont you go fuck your self buddy? Your bitch ass is not welcome with your fucked up comments and your racist bullshit.

What do you wear you fucking fucktard? What a fucking timex? And if its anything over 50$ we want fucking proof, ok rich boy? I want a picture of the fucking receit your face and the watch on you. If you say you cant provide us with that then go fuck your bunny rabbit.

T-Bird 07-27-2004 10:39 PM

yeah poor people just beat the fuck out of you when you pull into the parking lot and steal your fucking watch and your precious Saab then what are you left with? nothing. if you're a reader how do you spell prevail? and later?

We aren't touchy it's just you come on here post these random topics and think you're the shit. That pisses off a lot of people.

jpatino03 07-27-2004 10:40 PM

Touchy? Hardly.

With stuff like
Quote:

Here you go do this. Take your watch and time yourself and see how long it takes to put you dick in your moms mouth. She is in the room right next to you go ahead we will wait........tick tock......Does you watch go the the half second like the breitlings........i take that as a no....later
Its hard not to be "touchy"

How old are you really? 13?

RC45 07-27-2004 10:41 PM

I guess my WalMart Timex is shit. *shrug*

Jewelery never appealed to me much any way... and watches are just jewelry for boys..

antonioledesma 07-27-2004 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Jewelery never appealed to me much any way... and watches are just jewelry for boys..

So my mexican walmart watch is.

Quote:

good night all

did not mean to get everyone in a tizzy..

now you run after you splattered all your shit. brave boy you are

SFDMALEX 07-27-2004 10:44 PM

/\/\/\

I have a Timex :lol:

But I dont even wear it. Have it in my pocket. Never been a watch guy.

Chaos in 1983! 07-27-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

touchy touchy

good vs evil
rich vs poor
good will previel sooner or latter

wow you guys are touchy
FUCK OFF! :fist:

jpatino03 07-27-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

Its probably better made than a Rolex.

T-Bird 07-27-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Yeah just like the C5 coupe instead of the Z06 :wink:

styla21 07-28-2004 01:17 AM

I heard somewhere that the originator of the rolex brand once said, 'we are in the luxury business, not the watchmaking business'.

Which makes a good point. Both a Neon and a Merc will get you from point A to B, but they do also make a statement; and that same statement applies to watches whether it be a Fossil or a Rolex, there is a large difference in what it says about you.

What your opinion is on how much importance that statement actually makes about you, is a completely different story.

gigdy 07-28-2004 03:25 AM

my dad bought a folex in mexico a while ago. i wore that for a year til it broke. now i use a marker to draw on my wrist.

SDK2003 07-28-2004 05:17 AM

How about this for the Ultimate 'Bling'

Jacob & Co : JC-33

http://www.sdk2003.pwp.blueyonder.co...cob-and-co.jpg

Metal : 18ct Yellow Gold
Dial : 2.00ct Pave Diamond
Bezel : 5.00ct Diamond
Bracelet : 14.25ct Pave Diamond

Retail Price : £83,000

Jabba 07-28-2004 05:28 AM

Think how much fun you could have with an £83,000 car or an £83,000 watch. I know what I would choose.

jon_s 07-28-2004 06:08 AM

RONFL at this thread! T-bird I will ignore the comment about Saab lol :wink: -( only because deep down I know it is true)-

Anyway, Rolex are well know for not keeping time well. However, I know Jabba can confirm this, they are one touch watch. My old Submariner got used and abused but nothing ever phased it. I was always correcting the time though.

As for Breitling, yes they are a fine watch, but I personally hate the style. They are too fussy. I would get a headache looking at this every day: http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/produc...?productid=535

Omega certainly are not 'shit'. I think the seamaster is a very elegant watch, and in terms of a replacement for my old watch it is between that and a Tag Link. They are both subtle and stylish.

At the end of the day, the purchase of a watch is a very personal statement about your character IMO, and will therefore differ from person to person. If you use your watch to go trecking around the mountains, then fair enough have one with all the gismos on it. To me they would be useless, unless it could tell me how late my train to work is going to be.

Sm@ck 07-28-2004 06:29 AM

The CEO of Goldman Sachs, uses a Timex watch.

The CEO of Porsche, collects "exclusive watches"

Nothing wrong with wearing an expensive or cheap watch.
Personally I dont have much appreciation for jewelry at all.
In fact ever since I have a mobile phone I stopped wearing watches. I am more of a techie boy. To me watches are way too "old school"

mindgam3 07-28-2004 07:34 AM

If you want a good watch try looking at patek phillipe and lange und sohne. May dad has a small collection. The most expensive of them being a rolex and one from each of the above companies (the rolex is the cheapest). The lange und sohne being pretty expensive. The reason that it is so expensive is because of how accurate it is. I watched a documentary on lange und sohne watches and you wouldnt believe the amount of detail and precision that goes into them. It even tells you what position the moon is in - all through clockwork mechanisms.

The most expensive lange und sohne is about £500,000 i think and the waiting list is about 12 years. And it is in not anyway bling. The reason its so expensive is because of the contruction inside, not outside

SDK2003 07-28-2004 12:36 PM

Why would anyone pay £500,000 for a watch and then wait 12 years for it !!!

You could buy your own Atomic clock for less than that and they are the most accurate timekeepers ever developed.

Quote:

The U.S. standard is the NIST-F1, which went into service in 1999 and will neither gain nor lose a second in 20 million years

crazidude 07-28-2004 03:46 PM

Atomic clocks? Those sound familiar....

Personally I would never spend more than a 100 bucks on a watch. Hell $50 is a lot for something that tells time.

mindgam3 07-28-2004 03:54 PM

Lol, but then again most people wouldnt spend more than £15,000 on a car because all it does is get you from A to B. Thats what most people think, we obviously no alot better, but its the same sort of thing in the clock world

stradale 07-28-2004 11:15 PM

I think Da Vinci would be insulted if he would have known what Breitling stands for. They might not be as 'pimping' as a Rolex, but it's still a damn large, vulgar, penis size-compensating timepiece... In other words, WTF are you on about?! :twisted:

SFDMALEX 07-29-2004 12:03 AM

/\/\/\

lol. So that means I have to find the smallest watch on the market? :lol:

*MOM! Give me one of your watches*

stradale 07-29-2004 06:28 AM

LOL, the penile referrance wasn't the best thing I ever wrote on this forum. Especially when you look at it after a couple of hours of sleeping the alcohol off... I hate when people say the same thing about exotic cars and now I've done it myself, damnit! :oops:

What it still comes down to is that I don't like Rolex and Breitling. Some people apparently like their watches big and shiny, I don't.

BTW, my response in the 'Paris Hilton in a Murci' thread was written in the same toxic state, but that comment still fully stands as far as I'm concerned! :wink:

Tsjilp 07-29-2004 06:48 AM

Quote:

Where are you from ... nobody I know (in belgium, europe) see rolex as a pimp watch, it's just a jewel ... not more than that ... and NO I don't have one ... i'm not paying the money of an average car for a watch ... that's stupid (in my eyes, since I haven't the money ...)

It's just a matter of taste and the money you like to spend at a watch, I personnally love the tagheuers ... but who am I ... I think breitling is more for people that want to say that they are sporty ... but use a car to go the shop 15 meters from their homes ... but again who am I ... I wear a watch to see what time is it ... and nowadays I use my cellphone for that ... I'm to lazy to adjust my watch at the summertime... :D

mindgam3 07-29-2004 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsjilp
Quote:

Where are you from ... nobody I know (in belgium, europe) see rolex as a pimp watch, it's just a jewel ... not more than that

Agreed, americans are mainly the ones that see rolex as a pimp watch because they have the most exposure to their rappers wearing them....

Would you consider this bling??? I would definately not, its just an extremely fine time piece, more expensive than a hell of a lot of rolexs too...

http://www.alange-sohne.com/en/02_wa..._a_109.021.jpg

lange & sohne are one of THE best watch makers in the world, and hardly any of their watches are bling

http://www.alange-sohne.com/