Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Porsche (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Fatal crash at California Speedway involving a Carrera GT. (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25951)

Minacious 06-02-2005 11:29 PM

Fatal crash at California Speedway involving a Carrera GT.

Link to information about the crash with images of the wreckage.

Very sad.

ZfrkS62 06-02-2005 11:32 PM

this is sad :( condolences to the families :(

bmagni 06-02-2005 11:39 PM

i wonder what happened, the cokpit doesnt seem very damaged, the passenger side also isnt really bad, just considering the door isnt totally destroyed, if i was told they survived i would have believed...
may they rest in peace

Vansquish 06-03-2005 12:45 AM

The problem is that they were probably moving fairly fast when they hit that retaining wall...and despite the fact that the barrier is designed to give a bit on impact, the car is obviously pretty heavily damaged...the roof sections can be seen lying quite a way down the picture as if thrown from the car, the rear diffuser is lying on the other side of the wall and as far as I cant ell, the whole right hand side of the car is destroyed, door included. You can also see that the seats are no longer aligned properly and that may well be a result of a heavy impact. In any case, the maximum deceleration that a human can sustain and survive is something in the neighborhood of 30g's. Most roller coasters barely hit 4, most people pass out around 7, and fighter plane pilots have to wear special pressurized suits to avoid passing out at the controls in banked turns of up to 9g. A decel from even 70mph into a wall that stopped you in a matter of 30 feet would probably kill you, no matter what kind of restraints you were wearing (in a production car, even one so sophisticated as the CGT). Anyway, it's a great shame that this happened. Condolences to the family and hopefully this is a wakeup call for the overagressive drivers out there.

Yablokov 06-03-2005 12:54 AM

poor peeps.

i would be carful even when i would drive on a track. ><

these peeps were probably pushing the car to the limits.

SilviaEvo 06-03-2005 01:18 AM

very sad indeed. condolences to the family. the car had to be driven hard to be ruined so badly.

ae86_16v 06-03-2005 02:25 AM

Yeah, probably like most other times. . . the driver not realizing where the limits are. It's hard on a supercar like that. . . so delicate. . .

blah 06-03-2005 04:27 AM

it was Ben from 6speed some of you may know of him. He will be missed dearly. It seems he died liek Dale Earnhardt, the G-Forces breaking his neck instantly. He hit the wall at a very high speed.

MBDriver 06-03-2005 04:35 AM

I'm deeply sadden about this lost.

Ben was survived by his wife and baby child.

He and a passenger were killed when Ben was doing a lap and a car which was not on the track was waived on in front of Ben. In avoiding the collision Ben hit the wall head on at speed.

condolences to the family.

ARMAN 06-03-2005 05:23 AM

Shit :( What I care the less in this moment is the car :|

st-anger 06-03-2005 07:29 AM

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=413213#413213

Evo 06-03-2005 08:22 AM

I have to say thay from all the exotic cars the GT seems to have some kind of a bug..

The first one was distroyed by my uncle after 3 days of him owning it and thank god nothing happend to him.

Second one was I think in monaco but it was not that bad.

3rd one was a on Dubai High way where it hit the wall going over 300km/h and caught fire.

and this is the 4th one....

I hope we never hear or see the 5th one.

My condolences to their family

ae86_16v 06-03-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBDriver
I'm deeply sadden about this lost.

Ben was survived by his wife and baby child.

He and a passenger were killed when Ben was doing a lap and a car which was not on the track was waived on in front of Ben. In avoiding the collision Ben hit the wall head on at speed.

condolences to the family.

Damn . . . it was to avoid an accident?!?!

That is too sad. . . words to mean too much now.

ZfrkS62 06-03-2005 06:31 PM

from what i have heard of it, there were no marshalls at this event. This easily could have been avoided :(

The car that cut him off was a TT F40 :(

nthfinity 06-03-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
from what i have heard of it, there were no marshalls at this event. This easily could have been avoided :(

the more i read about it, the more of a tragedy it becomes... few things are worse then an avoidable accident :(