Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Top Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Jeremy gets pie in the face at ceremony!!! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29517)

Anonymous 09-12-2005 10:33 AM

Jeremy gets pie in the face at ceremony!!!

LMAO poor clarkie :P

Quote:

Broadcaster Jeremy Clarkson has been hit in the face with a custard pie at a degree ceremony.The outspoken Top Gear presenter was at Oxford Brookes University to collect an honorary degree in recognition of his "passion for engineering".But the decision has proved to be controversial, and protesters, including members of Oxford's Green Party, assembled outside the presentation dressed in Clarkson's trademark tight jeans and wigs.

Security was tight and police outnumbered the the protesters,
who waved banners reading On Yer Bike Clarkson at the gates.

But one woman managed to gain access to a media call after the degree ceremony.

She dashed out in front of the television cameras and, as Mr Clarkson posed in his cap and gown, removed what appeared to be a custard pie from a wrapped-up newspaper and hit him full in the face.

The startled presenter maintained his cool, quipped "good shot" and posed for a few more pictures before beating his retreat.

Mr Clarkson has been criticised for engaging in stunts such as driving a 4x4 through an environmentally-sensitive peat bog in Scotland and inciting people to break the law by hiding mobile phone use while driving.

Speaking before the assault, he defended his record on environmental issues, saying: "I do have a disregard for the environment. I think the world can look after itself and we should enjoy it as best we can."

Nearly 3,000 people signed an online petition against Clarkson receiving the honorary degree
WE NEED PICS!! :P

stevert 09-12-2005 10:35 AM

well I'm glad to hear he has a sense of humour and didn't go all 'Tom Cruise' on her :mrgreen:

http://www.jabbasworld.net/images/fo.../clarkypie.jpg

Anonymous 09-12-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
well I'm glad to hear he has a sense of humour and didn't go all 'Tom Cruise' on her :mrgreen:

hahahhahah, exactly, but he's not an asshole i would hope, some people take themselves way to seriously!

Well done for finding the pic Dan!! :clap: good sport jeremy, lifes not exactly the greatest right now for him, but he seems to have retained his great sense of humour :D now we just need the vid :P, bound to be on some local news, and sky digi has all regions :hmm:

RC45 09-12-2005 11:38 AM

Poor JC ;) - one can't really help but like the big gorilla wif the Keegan hairdo... although his mouth does get him in trouble more often than not... :)

But these damn Green freaks are out of control. :| :roll: :x :fist:

The peat bog needs to be dug up, dried, and burned as heating fuel.. :P

So all you need to earn an honorary degree is to "have passion for" the subject on hand? ;)

Anonymous 09-12-2005 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Poor JC ;) - one can't really help but like the big gorilla wif the Keegan hairdo... although his mouth does get him in trouble more often than not... :)

But these damn Green freaks are out of control. :| :roll: :x :fist:

The peat bog needs to be dug up, dried, and burned as heating fuel.. :P

So all you need to earn an honorary degree is to "have passion for" the subject on hand? ;)

well being a public exponent of britains engineering excellence is good enough for me. Our industries our gone, but we offer many services, jsut look at where the majority of F1 teams development are located :wink:

ARMAN 09-12-2005 11:52 AM

Hehe :lol:
Quote:

The startled presenter maintained his cool, quipped "good shot" and posed for a few more pictures before beating his retreat.

bmwmpower 09-12-2005 12:16 PM

he he ,nice

racer_f50 09-12-2005 12:48 PM

Classic stuff from Clarkson, I'd expect no less. :lol:

For a bunch of tree-hugging hippies, though, the green party folks sure seem tempermental. Oh well, though, it produced a great picture.

AlienDB7 09-12-2005 02:06 PM

Oh no, the green party *wasted* a pie on Jeremy's face, how un-environmental friendly that is! Talk about all the energy used in creating that pie! Not to mention the newspaper used to wrap the pie, that's another tree wasted..

The tree-huggers need to grow up.

gucom 09-12-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodduck
LMAO!!!

I like JC but his environmental comments are a little insensitive and ignorant IMO. the world cannt "look after itself" :D :shock:

i agree. his response was cool though :D

ARMAN 09-12-2005 03:00 PM

His comments are imo just plain jokes, english humor I suppose :mrgreen:

TransAm 09-12-2005 06:19 PM

By the looks of the hat, they gave him an honorary Masters Degree as opposed to a Bachelors...

:)

dutchmasterflex 09-12-2005 08:51 PM

haha.. oh man that picture is so much better than i imagined it would be...

if someone handed me a pie and told me to hit clarkson with it, i'd do it :)

HeilSvenska 09-12-2005 08:52 PM

He's already had mud on his face. I'm sure a pie is nothing
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5572/jc3vr.jpg

chest3r 09-12-2005 08:59 PM

AH AH !! :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one!!!

This guy is really great!! Always surprising me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: