Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   5th Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   FG returns July 3 + Info on remaining Episodes (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38365)

vexor 06-13-2006 04:59 AM

FG returns July 3 + Info on remaining Episodes

Quote:

We thought it unfair on FIFA to damage the viewing figures for the World Cup by pitting Fifth Gear head to head in the schedules with some big games, so the show won't be back on air until Monday July 3rd, 8pm on five. In the meantime, we'll be chanting Eng-ger-land, as well as working on some of the biggest features we've ever done. We'll be going to even more extreme lengths to test whether the engine on our beloved old Merc really is bomb-proof...testing the suspension of the Citroen C6 using professional gunmen (sure beats horse-racing), seeing which bit of a car burns best, giving the definitive verdict on Honda's new magic handling system, frightening pensioners as we set a record in a people carrier, watching Tiff nearly kill himself in a bid to beat a hard-as-nails Dakar racer in an off-road race, plus the most amazing supercar head to head anybody's ever conceived of.
- from Five.tv

Quote:

testing the suspension of the Citroen C6 using professional gunmen (sure beats horse-racing),
hmm, more cheap shots at Top Gear?

pterps 06-13-2006 05:13 AM

I thought I had seen a test with the ascari KZ1 in a trailer, will it be used in the supercar head to head maybe?

yg60m 06-13-2006 05:31 AM

Quote:

plus the most amazing supercar head to head anybody's ever conceived of.
I wonder what it will be :drool: I just hope they won't f... the test up like they did for the M6 ...

martin100 06-13-2006 07:44 AM

Hm most amazing supercar. What could that be :?: I doubt they got their hands on a Veyron though...

Ghostbat 06-13-2006 08:30 AM

But the World Cup doesn't end until July 9.

nthfinity 06-13-2006 09:49 AM

why is the world so captivated by Soccer.... oh, i mean Football :P

I can understand cirtain Motor racing events ;)

Ghostbat 06-13-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity

We don't expect that someone playing "football" with their hands would understand ;)

nthfinity 06-13-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostbat

We don't expect that someone playing "football" with their hands would understand ;)

I dont watch that either

Baseball, Hockey, and various motorsports please

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuller
Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity

Being that I played it for 15 years, I can understand why people love soccer so much, and it's no surprise at all that the world cup is the most watched event in the world. It's the greatest sport in the world, nothing else even comes close. End of story.

too bad it still sucks :wink:

of course, i'm serious :twisted: