Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Music And Noise (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Oldschool rap 1990's (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59117)

pagani 09-07-2008 08:57 AM

Oldschool rap 1990's

Rapsody - Prince Igor
xzibit paparazzi dirty version

Puff Daddy feat. Jimmy Page - Come with me

silentm 09-07-2008 09:46 AM

not oldschool enough pagani... check this out ;)

i don't claim to be a rap star
cause no matter who you are
you still catch a bullet scar

epic lyrics

helteralan 09-07-2008 10:09 AM

em... they ain't old skool at all...

Old skool is way older thank that... before the early nineties i'm afraid! This is old skool (i know.. i was around trying to import these to the UK... expensive and difficult!)

Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - It takes two... CLASSIC!!!!

Sorry.. i'm hopeless at embedding things!

pagani 09-07-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helteralan (Post 852195)
Old skool is way older thank that... before the early nineties i'm afraid! This is old skool (i know.. i was around trying to import these to the UK... expensive and difficult!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtStNQ_wDh8

Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - It takes two... CLASSIC!!!!

Sorry.. i'm hopeless at embedding things!

The 1990's is oldschool for me

helteralan 09-07-2008 11:19 AM

The early 90's had really great music though... way better than the crap Hip Hop out now!!! You had good choices ;-)

dr vinyl 09-07-2008 01:30 PM

8ts was the foundation
9ts golden era

silentm 09-08-2008 09:17 AM

yeah 90's is as oldskool as it gets for me haha i don't know anything about pre 90's hiphop

part of the reason why i loved GTA San Andreas so much ;)

p. k. allen 09-08-2008 09:53 AM

Old school hip-hop is cool, I wasn't born when lots of the best stuff was around so its been fun getting into it.

Eric B & Rakim is the best old school for me:

and nas' illmatic was the best of the 1990's old school imo.

lincoln 09-08-2008 10:32 AM

For me, hip hop reached its peak in 1988 with Public Enemy's 'It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back' and NWA's 'Straight Outta Compton'.

Like Akala says, "all the best rappers are either dead or retired". OK, Biggie and Eminem came out in the 90's but almost all the rest can't hold a mic to the 80's cream of the crop like Run DMC, Public Enemy, BDP/KRS-One, Eric B & Rakim, EPMD, NWA, Ice-T, Big Daddy Kane, Ultramagnetic Mc's, Schooly D, Kool G Rap & Polo, Geto Boyz, Gang Starr, Paris, Kool Moe Dee, LL Cool J (yes, he was really good once!), and many more.

And thats just the US rappers, what about UK artists like Blade, London Posse/Rodney P, MC Duke, Demon Boyz, Hijack, Cookie Crew, Silver Bullet, Overlord X, Caveman, Mell'O', Ruthless Rap Assasins, Task Force, Gunshot and loads more I can't remember now.

Back in the day, we considered these 'New School' because they were so different from the true 'Old School' artists like DJ Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, The Sugarhill Gang and Afrika Bambaataa.

Back in the mid 90's I really went off the majority of US rap and since grime came along I've felt the same way about most UK stuff but every now and again I hear a new tune on a rap radio show that gets me just as excited as when I first heard Rakim back in the day!

Peace to any hip hop lovers out there whatever era of rap you're into. :thumbup:

nthfinity 09-08-2008 01:06 PM

I listened to rap for a while between 1990 and 1992. Calling Jimmy page with Puff daddy "old school" isn't quite accurate - more like Corporate Rap, since it was made for a movie soundtrack (Godzilla)

I'm def. not an expert when it comes to old, or new school; just an expert on what I like ;)

pagani 09-08-2008 01:20 PM

Straight outta compton - N.W.A
NWA- Fuck Tha Police
Rakim - Guess Who's Back

MidEngine4Life 09-08-2008 02:14 PM

This is my favorite old song (1992)