Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   quick poll, do you believe in god? (2 sec vote, yes or no) (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42351)

Erez 10-26-2006 11:52 PM

quick poll, do you believe in god? (2 sec vote, yes or no)

not making in into a debate, just a simple poll..
would be interesting to see the percentage at JW...

me personally, I'm the as farthest thing from a believer..

sameerrao 10-27-2006 12:21 AM

No but i believe Michael Schumacher comes real close :)

nthfinity 10-27-2006 12:25 AM

it is easier to think there is no personal responsibility for any action.

acmarttin 10-27-2006 01:50 AM

Such a simple question with so many complex answers :) I don't believe in a God that scrutinizes every single one of my decisions and punishes me personally for my choices. But I do believe that there is a force behind creation that I cannot explain, and I would call that "God".

So...yes :)

r2r 10-27-2006 03:37 AM

I would also be very interested to see these results!!

edit: 2 sec vote, but a lifetime of thought and questions :wink:

gucom 10-27-2006 05:51 AM

yes i do, but im not christian or jewish or whatever religion... its just a personal thing for me

melahrinaki 10-27-2006 05:56 AM

I believe in God! If you don't you soon will but make sure you find out before you die cause then it's too late and you will see what you don't want to see!

TNT 10-27-2006 10:10 AM

not sure....... i am spiritual but i am not sure is i would label my belief as a God.

SFDMALEX 10-27-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melahrinaki
make sure you find out before you die cause then it's too late and you will see what you don't want to see!

And what would that be?

ae86_16v 10-27-2006 03:05 PM

My uncle used to say, "There's no athetist in fox holes." He was in WWII, a Chinese American fighting in Europe.

I guess the point that he was trying to say is that it depends on the situation one's been through. For me, I have yet to come across that situation.

I voted "No".

dutchmasterflex 10-27-2006 03:20 PM

I voted yes.. I have some sort of faith because I was brought up a Catholic.. (My parents were born in the Philippines, a country of die hard Catholics) But I rarely to church, and if I do its only to please my parents on holidays..

I don't really believe anything I learned at religion school, but its good as a concept.. kinda like communism.

My belief is that "God" is the force that drives the universe.. the fuel that burns to provide life.

cooperluke 10-27-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmarttin
Such a simple question with so many complex answers :) I don't believe in a God that scrutinizes every single one of my decisions and punishes me personally for my choices. But I do believe that there is a force behind creation that I cannot explain, and I would call that "God".

So...yes :)

Even though I'm Baptist, I think your opinion is very interesting, because I think that everyone has to admit that there is some kind of GOD. Most people that don't believe in God say that can't believe anything "supernatural". But... everyone has to admit that there is "something strange" in our story...

Everything we know, has a beggining and an end, cars, plants, babes, and even Schummi! :D

But... what if we could fast reverse our planet... when would it be the "begining" ? The Big Bang? And before the Big Bang, what existed?? There would have to be something!!!! Like Lavoisier said.. in nature, nothing is gained, nothing is lost, everything transforms!!

It happened something that we don't understand, and we close our eyes to this fact. And most of us do the same to GOD. We don't understand, so we look the other side.

Opinions?

nthfinity 10-27-2006 04:35 PM

I believe that God is the creator and sustainer of the universe; made man in his image, gave his son so that we may have everlasting lives.

in a nutshell, that is me

east coast fool 10-27-2006 05:03 PM

As a devout Christian, I praise God with every breath I take, and forever thankful that I am saved.

black_magician 10-27-2006 05:08 PM

he/she/it MAY exist. :|