Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Vista Beta 2 Download up... kinda (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38231)

Toronto 06-08-2006 04:32 PM

Vista Beta 2 Download up... kinda

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/preview.mspx

well if you can ever get a chance to download from them.
they also give you free key's so you can download it from another source and then use their key :wink:

but i have heard that vista 2 sucks so use @ your own risk.

antonioledesma 06-08-2006 04:37 PM

just read that piece of info... but it will be full of errors, bugs, and other nice things

dutchmasterflex 06-08-2006 04:50 PM

We got Vista BETA 2 at work last week.. it's just as crappy as the first Beta..

Theres not much yo ucan do/see except the new Solitare and other windows games and how much they ripped off the look and feel of OS X..

If you try to install any devices or software with drivers you'll ended up blue screening vista away and having to reinstall it.

Oh M$ betas...

DeMoN 06-08-2006 06:52 PM

I went through the hassle of vista beta once, and wont again.

Fucking Vista didnt want to 100% install and decided to stop there no matter what. Of course, it loaded its fuking boot loader and replaced XPs one. Then, I tried reinstalling windows, it decided to rename old windows, program files, users, etc, folders to XXX.old and create new ones instead of overwriting! Great now I had 8GB of crap!

I tried reinstalling 2 times therefore a total of 3 folders of each. What the fuck? How the hell can a 2gb windwos folder be faster than my current 600mb XP lite one?

I couldnt delete the folders due to "access restriction." I tried loading up in safemode to CMD delete, no way... bootet up using win xp cd and trie command prompt delete from there, nothing. I couldnt even format cuz all my car videos were there! I had to buy a 320GB hard drive, pass the files, partition+format old hard drive to get rid of the Vista folders!

FUCK THAT!

DeMoN 06-08-2006 06:55 PM

Forgot to add that I had to /fixboot using windows XP cd to get my normal boot loader.

I wouldnt suggest ANYONE to try this crap out. Unless you want to grow old fast... and you have an EMPTY hard drive to play around with.

black_magician 06-08-2006 07:07 PM

I tried beta 1. not going to try beta 2.

that OS is useless. I'm getting a mac 8)

666fast 06-08-2006 07:33 PM

Am I the only one who finds it funny that people get angry over Beta versions of software? Of course there are going to be problems.

dutchmasterflex 06-08-2006 11:05 PM

I was just summing up the updates and improvements over the first one ;)

ae86_16v 06-09-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_magician

Yeah. . . Leopard will probably be out by the time Vista comes out.

I heard Vista is a lot of Eye Candy though.

DeMoN 06-09-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666fast
Am I the only one who finds it funny that people get angry over Beta versions of software? Of course there are going to be problems.

I wouldnt mind having a beta not working after its installed. But come ON! Not letting me install??? WTF? And not letting me delete? ITs not like my computer is old. I tried beta 64bit version BTW.

dutchmasterflex 06-09-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Quote:

Originally Posted by black_magician

Yeah. . . Leopard will probably be out by the time Vista comes out.

I heard Vista is a lot of Eye Candy though.

It is a lot of eye candy.. They made everything look like OS X!

nthfinity 06-09-2006 10:47 AM

^^^^^
does it still run like a PC ;)

then automatically Vista > OS X :mrgreen:

dutchmasterflex 06-09-2006 11:16 AM

Umm.. it barely runs ;) Its an MS beta.. unless you really love Bill Gates and actually want to help them out with the development of another, ill-improved OS, then go for the download..

If not, then don't waste your time..

supposably, the new OS will be around $500-600 and play (emulate) xbox 1 games..

DeMoN 06-09-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Umm.. it barely runs ;) Its an MS beta.. unless you really love Bill Gates and actually want to help them out with the development of another, ill-improved OS, then go for the download..

If not, then don't waste your time..

supposably, the new OS will be around $500-600 and play (emulate) xbox 1 games..

And here I was, thinking I'd buy my first OS... 500$ for a CD? Not even if printed in golden ink.

dutchmasterflex 06-09-2006 11:51 PM

only rumors of course ;)

Honestly I can't say I've actually paid for any Windows release.. I usually got it free with a computer or from work ;)