Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Testing the M-cars or one summer examn (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25724)

1zippo1 05-25-2005 03:31 PM

Testing the M-cars or one summer examn

Hey,

I'm currently in my examns and don't really post anymore, but I had to tell you guys about this because I can't get it off my mind.

My dad called me half an hour ago and said that we could go and test drive ALL the BMW M models next weekend. It's some kind of testing day for doctors. Anyway, since I have a really hard examn on monday and I don't know one single page yet, I don't have a chance of succeeding if I don't study every day till then.

If I want to go and testdrive the M-cars I have to go back home and will certainly lose a whole day...

DAMN :x this sucks :cry:

I allways dreamed of something like that. I have never driven anything even remotly sporty yet :( The fastest car I've driven had 140hp (A6).

Wutputt 05-25-2005 03:51 PM

Maybe you should ask yourself the following question: if you start studying like hell till Monday, will you have a good chance of succeeding the exam?

If you don't, I would say go for the M test drive. If you have a real good chance of succeeding by studying hard, I would say skip the test drive. There will prolly come other interesting opportunities to drive some sporty vehicles in the future.

ARMAN 05-25-2005 04:00 PM

I'd go for M'ssssss :P but you have to decide for your own :(

topgeartom 05-25-2005 04:05 PM

That is an absolute bitch of a question, peronally, id go for the M cars.

No.1 05-25-2005 06:33 PM

Maybe think that if you study hard, missing the M-day, you will go on to pass, get a decent job and a great salary, and be able to afford one of these cars in the future.

A real tough choice IMO :?

Fleischmann 05-25-2005 06:49 PM

Tough question...but I guess education come first in this case...who knows, maybe somebody you will be able to afford one of the machines if you do well in studies :D

Yablokov 05-25-2005 06:57 PM

lol, study for the exam:P

maybe your dad will be able to test drive M's another time or year.

the cars will still be theer for you. but those exams only come once; If you dont take them head on you will miss your chance for progression.

TT 05-25-2005 06:58 PM

Yep, a though one. Knowing myself pretty well, I am 99% sure I would think "screw the exam, it will be easy" and will go test the M cars... but not so sure it is the smart decision!
Just beware in case you will be driving an E60 M5: check out your rearview mirrorw, you could see TT on his bicycle chasing down and trying to take pics :D

ARMAN 05-25-2005 07:10 PM

/\/\ :lol:

Yablokov 05-25-2005 07:17 PM

Quote:

Just beware in case you will be driving an E60 M5: check out your rearview mirrorw, you could see TT on his bicycle chasing down and trying to take pics
omg. ROFLMFAO LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! havent laughed that much for quite some time now!!

draak666 05-25-2005 08:03 PM

Zippo, I have the answer right here:

You study for your examn, and I'll go and drive the cars and tell you how it went!

Deal? :D

Yablokov 05-25-2005 08:21 PM

rofl. sounds like a deal to me! u should even buy one of those hats that havea camera on it. so when he watches the vid. its like hes really there!!! :D:D:D:D

dutchmasterflex 05-26-2005 12:01 AM

whats the probleM? there's no question to be asked here..

Vansquish 05-26-2005 12:38 AM

I agree with dutchmasterflex, there's no probleM here...

...but only because you should be studying for your exam. If you don't think you'll be able to do reasonably well without that day of study, then it shouldn't even be a question in your mind. Test drive days, while few and far between, are generally not one-time affairs and the chance may come up again. Aside from that, if you screw your exams, the long-term prospects may not be as good, which might preclude you from buying/driving one of those vehicles in years down the road.

dingo 05-26-2005 11:04 AM

Quit college and go drive the BMW's!!!!! Then take lots of pics and videos and post them here for us to see :wink:
That might have been a bit selfish of me :P , but if you really think you can't pass without this day of studying then you better study - it has more long term consequences if you fail the exam than if you miss the drive day :wink: