Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   *** JW XMAS 2005 *** (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32293)

Jabba 11-30-2005 07:18 PM

*** JW XMAS 2005 ***

Once again Xmas is here and this year we have a very neat new feature (Thanks to AL for the idea and Dan for the amazing job of coding it in an ubelivable few short hours)

Every day we will be adding a Top Gear Power Lap by the Stigg right from the very first episode which have never been seen before in the new higher quality formats. This is of course based on a Xmas traditional advent calendar.

You can view the calendar here http://www.jabbasworld.net/calendar.php

May I remind everyone that this is the month to make your donations to JW and every donation no matter how big or small is most welcome and extremely appreciated.

These donations will be necessary to keep JW alive for the rest of the year...or until at least June anyway (The sites birthday)

BIG thanks to everyone that has donated so far btw.

Lastly :

MERRY XMAS

From all the Moderators and Admin team of JW

Patricio 11-30-2005 08:08 PM

just to say the advent calender thingymajig will be up shortly, first I have just a few lines of code left to add :)

ARMAN 11-30-2005 08:10 PM

:P Great work guys!!! :good:
Money are collecting already, will not be a killing summ but will help to lower the costs I hope :)

blinkmeat 11-30-2005 08:11 PM

wow - festive :D

Erez 11-30-2005 08:12 PM

^ very!

Jabba 11-30-2005 08:16 PM

Hope that is meant in a nice way.

RC45 11-30-2005 08:28 PM

Merry Happy Freaking Xmas you sorry bunch of louts and layabouts... :P ;)

:)

Anonymous 11-30-2005 08:30 PM

Ooooooh Stig action :D And Yet again dan goes above and beyond the call of duty to come up with this theme and code a whole new feature (despite feeling like shit)

Exciting times round JW lately always seems to be something different and some good new members into the fold too! Even if you don't celebrate it please join in with the spirit of good will, no bar humbug please!! :P

Now we really need to get our flat decked out too! :D :D

chest3r 11-30-2005 08:37 PM

WOW!!! This Christmas look is damn nice :o :o

Congratulations for the good work!!! 8)

coombsie66 11-30-2005 08:40 PM

Great work guys! I aint put up any decorations yet!! :oops:

nthfinity 11-30-2005 08:52 PM

Merry Christmas JW :-D

looks like its time to get my christmas avitar up... oh, damn... need to photoshop a new one :? all in good fun

i guess im a little confused by the new advent power lap times... is this going back to series 1 (new format) with perry mcarthy... through 30 lap times from now?

looks brilliant as usual dan 0X

Jabba 11-30-2005 08:56 PM

yep...prob 25 though.

Anonymous 11-30-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
yep...prob 25 though.

Well of course its traditional that there be only choccys for days 1-24 of december, but the choccy on christmas eve was always much bigger and the picture much more spectacular, so if you have some nice left over and you're feeling particularly Christmassy :P ;-) Looking forward to them anyway, catch the odd one on UKtvpeople but be cool to have a nice collection of them :D

nthfinity 11-30-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

yep...prob 25 though.

awsome!
Quote:

Originally Posted by AL
Well of course its traditional that there be only choccys for days 1-24 of december, but the choccy on christmas eve was always much bigger and the picture much more spectacular, so if you have some nice left over and you're feeling particularly Christmassy :P ;-) Looking forward to them anyway, catch the odd one on UKtvpeople but be cool to have a nice collection of them :D

awsome!
on this side, the advent thing is once per week for four weeks... and no chocolates :lol: (i much prefer the uk tradition ;) )

Anonymous 11-30-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Quote:

yep...prob 25 though.

awsome!
Quote:

Originally Posted by AL

awsome!
on this side, the advent thing is once per week for four weeks... and no chocolates :lol: (i much prefer the uk tradition ;) )

hehe, well only if we were very good did we get bought ones with choccy in :P Didn't know it wasn't so in other countries! mmmmmm choccy :D