Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "I AM THE STIG" T-SHIRT (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6939)

DMbaseball1604 02-27-2004 04:39 PM

"I AM THE STIG" T-SHIRT

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the Stig t-shirt from TopGear..Thanks

Tomerville 02-27-2004 05:37 PM

Who do you think the Stig is anyway?

jon_s 02-27-2004 05:38 PM

which one....white...or...black

oscargarza88 02-27-2004 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowboarderTom
Who do you think the Stig is anyway?

the new one or the old one?

HeilSvenska 02-27-2004 07:02 PM

they had a stig t-shirt? i can't get it anyways...

FocalSpeed 02-27-2004 08:30 PM

It can't be Jeremy Clarkson, since his driving doesn't impress me at all... THeir proportions don't match, could be Tiff Needell...

http://www.btccpages.com/driv/needelltiff.php

Here is a link that has some high lights of his career

TT 02-27-2004 08:34 PM

The first Stig was Perry McCarthy.. as for the second one.. still a mistery, but I seriously doubt he is Tiff

coombsie66 02-27-2004 10:46 PM

The first stig was also damon hill sometimes, but no-ones supposed to know that!! :wink: Keep it under your hats

Anonymous 02-28-2004 09:20 AM

Definately not Tiff he's signed to channel 5 doing 5th gear and top gear is on bbc 2 also i doubt he would ever come back to the bbc after the way they dropped top gear then brought it back with all new presenters! I would love the new stig to be damon hill- anyone got the vid where he does the gumball rally and got stopped in london for using his mobile, honestly the police trying to tell Damon Hill how to drive!

Gnome 02-28-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL123
... honestly the police trying to tell Damon Hill how to drive!

If he was on the phone they should! I've heard about statistics that clearly stated that even though raceing drivers know how to drive they crash more than the average driver. Don't know more.

Back to the topic: A Stig T-shirt would be cool. I want one too!

DallasE46 02-28-2004 02:47 PM

All I have to say is ....WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Here in the US, we have to search and search for Top Gear or 5th Gear stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love our programing over here, but there are some shows that I can't do without now that I have had a taste of them. Two of which I already mentioned! I just downloaded a clip about the Stig a few minutes ago, so I got to watch my first Stig video clip. I want more, I neeeed more. :D

Toronto 02-28-2004 04:19 PM

Re: "I AM THE STIG" T-SHIRT

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMbaseball1604
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the Stig t-shirt from TopGear..Thanks

if u read the mag (wich i get), there is an order form in some of the older ones like pre 2004. the new ones don't have it i don't think

DMbaseball1604 02-29-2004 06:05 AM

I think the black one...but could I order it online anywhere?

yellow_rice 03-01-2004 05:12 AM

1) what does the stig t-shirt look like?

2) i like how the beginning of the thread it went "i want the stig t-shirt"..." the black one or the white one?"... then... "who's the stig anyways?"... "the new one or the old one?"
sorry i just found that amusing. =)

3)DallasE46, i totally agree that europe has some very good car programs but what i don't agree on is that after watching fifth gear/top gear, i seem to look down at north american car shows now. its like top gear = zonda.. and north american shows = civic with a canon muffler

(sorry civic owners. just a joke) :mrgreen:

Anonymous 03-01-2004 08:45 AM

Gnome: I was only havin a laugh i don't use me mobile while driving we all know it can be dangerous i just found it funny when I saw the police reaction when they found out it was damon hill driving!