Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Favourite TV Shows and Movies (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60446)

HeilSvenska 06-25-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity (Post 867960)
I guess I must be missing something, because giant robots fighting with other giant robots was a lot of fun :)

It was fine up to a point where it was just a blur of grey mass, and when all the Decepticons turned out to be generic clones of certain ones. That was cheap.

mayer 06-25-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska (Post 867962)
It was fine up to a point where it was just a blur of grey mass, and when all the Decepticons turned out to be generic clones of certain ones. That was cheap.

The Decepticons were absolute wussies in this one!!! This didn't seem like an advanced civilization getting pwned by tanks.

Optimus is badass, but seriously??? Him vs. Megatron and the One was ridiculous!!! I won't spoil for people who haven't watched it, but WTF? Did he get on robot steroids since the first movie?

The Fallen and Devastator should have been much, much, more hardcore.

dutchmasterflex 06-26-2009 11:55 AM

I actually thought the CG was better in the first movie.. quite possibly because of what Heil just brought up.. it did loo like a blur of grey mass, more cartoony than the first one. Almost looked like I was watching that crap beastwars transformers show from a few years back..

Only thing good in the movie was slow mo Megan Fox..

HeilSvenska 06-26-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex (Post 867979)
Almost looked like I was watching that crap beastwars transformers show from a few years back..

Hey hey, watch it. Beast Wars was the most awesome kids show ever made. Intense robot violence. Actual character development. Deaths that actually meant something to the plot. And visuals yeeeeears ahead of anyone else. :mrgreen:

10000rpmlover 06-26-2009 06:52 PM

this movie r0xx0r y0r boxx0rs!!! I really liked the lil jon look alike transformer... omg... those twins were so hillarious and props to Arcee and bumblebee, they are so bad ass... I'd have liked to see more of soundwave

79TA 06-27-2009 01:42 AM

Knowing that I absolutely loved the first movie, I tried to keep my expectations low. Regardless, this movie has left me emotionally tramatized. Good action sequences in some scenes and Megan Fox is still there.

10000rpmlover 07-20-2009 05:29 PM

I liked this movie, however I was left with a little distaste towards one thing only, Sideswipe... he had one line the whole movie, "damn I'm good" and he was the coolest looking of all, he was a corvette, getting Frank Welker to voice Soundwave and Megatron again was total genius and it brought back memories of my childhood, I like megan fox... but... whoever the chic is that played that decepticon pretender, she has my vote for a spread in Maxim, oh god she is hot

HeilSvenska 07-20-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover (Post 868894)
I liked this movie, however I was left with a little distaste towards one thing only, Sideswipe... he had one line the whole movie, "damn I'm good" and he was the coolest looking of all, he was a corvette, getting Frank Welker to voice Soundwave and Megatron again was total genius and it brought back memories of my childhood, I like megan fox... but... whoever the chic is that played that decepticon pretender, she has my vote for a spread in Maxim, oh god she is hot

Megatron = Hugo Weaving.

10000rpmlover 07-20-2009 07:27 PM

was it hugo weaving? I thought I read they got Frank Welker to do it this time, it is difficult to recognize a voice in between all that digital manipulation they do

HeilSvenska 07-20-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover (Post 868898)
was it hugo weaving? I thought I read they got Frank Welker to do it this time, it is difficult to recognize a voice in between all that digital manipulation they do

Nope. 100% Hugo Weaving. I can tell Frank Welker from anywhere, be it Santa's Little Helper, or Curious George.

HeilSvenska 08-21-2009 01:50 PM