Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Motorsport News And Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   NASCAR SUCKS (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7626)

Anonymous 03-16-2004 04:08 PM

NASCAR SUCKS

nascar drivers have racing skills but not anywhere close to the level of F1 drivers or even Champcar drivers. striaght turn striaght turn no skill move out of the way or i will crash into u. i hit the wall but i'm still going, my bumper is falling off i need 200mph tape (but we dont even go that fast) NASCAR SUCKS I HATE IT

Kangaroo Boy 03-16-2004 04:15 PM

I agree,IMO its not fun to watch (I don't watch it all) unless they crash.

jj23 03-16-2004 04:18 PM

It's terrible. It does require some skill but it's freakin boring. Not my idea of something exciting (driving around in a cirle a few hundred times!)

TT 03-16-2004 04:22 PM

Next time you have to vent, do it in the right section ;)

geekdiggy 03-16-2004 09:47 PM

a tired topic, though everyone agrees on it. good thing you didn't post this at the SPEED forums, you'd get flame to high hell

Garretts_turbo 03-17-2004 01:11 PM

although i too hate nascar, dont be so quick to judge all of the drivers. most of them do seem to have southern accents and enjoy traffic jams, but didnt jeff gordon race an F1 car a few months ago and post a qualifying time? i know that it really means nothing cuz gordon makes enough $$$ as a nascar driver, but there is some untapped skill.

Anonymous 03-17-2004 01:21 PM

gordon is a good driver but F1 quality ? remember Micheal Andretti couldnt do it or AL Unser Jr. 2 of Champ CArs best drivers. ON another topic but Jacque V. did CHampsionship second season

mit5005 03-20-2004 06:19 PM

What is it with SPEED always playin Nascar stuff. I think of Nascar the same way i think of baseball, boring. Le Mans and F1 are the shit.

biff19_a 03-20-2004 06:55 PM

speed actually was going to become all NASCAR at one point just after FOX bought the channel... when their fans got a wiff of it there was something like 50,000 letters and emails begging for it not to happen

Tomerville 03-20-2004 07:06 PM

NASCAR is lame, all they can do is turn right all day. Common, the cars are even asymetrical to be more aerodynamic for their right hand turns. Pathetic.

geekdiggy 03-20-2004 07:09 PM

actually it's only left hand turns

and if you folks are looking for a discussion/vent area for your anti-nascar emotions, go to the SPEED channel forums :twisted:

akumapc 03-21-2004 12:46 PM

the only way I would EVAARRR watch nastycar is if they had 1 half of the field running clockwise and the other half of the field running counterclockwise, on the same oval, at the same time. And to make things even more interesting for the fans there should definetley be a guy on the straights who has to dodge this two way battle royal, think of it like dodge ball but with cars.... maybe he gets to throw rocks at cars flying by that would lead to some extra high speed crashing yeeefuckinghaww :o

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~s8mcgill...ages/busch.jpg

SPAD 04-28-2004 04:24 PM

I dont see how people can have passion for nascar.there are only american cars and in the truck series toyota.

and speed plays way too much nascar. i know people like it but there are people like us that dont.they need to show more euro racing or lemans

DMbaseball1604 05-01-2004 01:43 AM

I live in Texas, where people love Nascar..but I cannot stand it...they sit there and go aroudn in circles the whole dang race and the competition between the teams is very limited...they cannot build their cars out of carbon fiber and they have plate restricitons...its all messed up!

nthfinity 05-01-2004 03:30 AM

Quote:

What is it with SPEED always playin Nascar stuff. I think of Nascar the same way i think of baseball, boring. Le Mans and F1 are the shit.
they didnt used to..... then the mighty aussy tv company, FOX bought both the rights to NASCAR, and Speedvission.... then they translated the name to Speed channel.... at least they are still willing to play F1 live, WRC highlights, and many other great facets of Motorsport....

but because there is a virtual infinate amount of nascar accross the US, and they own it, they 'll be damned if they dont make enthusiasts suffer, causing a lower ratings if any were nielson families

while i dont watch NASCAR, i dont mind watching the Aussie version of nascar (V8 supercar series)

in nascar's defence... the biggest challenge is on fuel/pit stops, passing, limited aero setups... it is interesting that everybody has virtually the same car, and its up to the drivers to really shine, not the technology of the car (i always thought it would be interesting to compare a car that cost 220,000$ (approx. cost of a NASCAR) and see if it laps quicker in entirely stock form...