Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   5th Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   tiff to try the ccr (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29519)

Zonda^ 09-12-2005 12:35 PM

tiff to try the ccr

according to koenigsegg tiff was going to be the first journalist to try out the ccr. what happened to that?

Anonymous 09-12-2005 12:38 PM

Cool, i expect it to return around october, some awesome cars to come! :D

racer_f50 09-12-2005 12:41 PM

that'd be the boost that 5th Gear really needs :D

Think he'll be able to drift like usual with 800hp?

mhn3773 09-12-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer_f50

do bears shit in the woods ?

I'm sure anyone who could handle the power / weight ratio of a f1 car can handle any road car no matter how much power ... the real question is did koenigsegg build a car with a decent setup that allows itself to be driven like that :)

yg60m 09-12-2005 02:21 PM

Where did you take this information ? I hope to see it in the next 5th Gear season :P

Vansquish 09-12-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
Quote:

Originally Posted by racer_f50

do bears shit in the woods ?

I'm sure anyone who could handle the power / weight ratio of a f1 car can handle any road car no matter how much power ... the real question is did koenigsegg build a car with a decent setup that allows itself to be driven like that :)

In the words of my dad's Japanese secretary, " *air-sucking noise*, Gudohman san, what is a dobear?"

Anyway, I imagine with hands like Tiff's, the CCR will be quite driftable, if not as beautifully controlled as some of the others he's driven.

gucom 09-12-2005 04:41 PM

in the evo test of the CCR they also mentioned that jeremy clarkson tested the CCR, havent see nanything of that yet either...i wanna see both shows testing it :D

Anonymous 09-12-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gucom
in the evo test of the CCR they also mentioned that jeremy clarkson tested the CCR, havent see nanything of that yet either...i wanna see both shows testing it :D

oooooh never heard that, maybe they held it back from last series due to his back injury, or maybe it just wasn't filmed :-( for instance i remember he tested the CGT well before we saw it on top gear :-( Hope its in the next series of six eps anyway :D

gigdy 09-12-2005 07:53 PM

did anyone read the original post? I guess not. So ill try to rephrase the question. It was rumored that Tiff would be one of the first journalists to drive the ccr. Why wasnt he or does any one know if he did?

Anonymous 09-12-2005 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigdy
did anyone read the original post? I guess not. So ill try to rephrase the question. It was rumored that Tiff would be one of the first journalists to drive the ccr. Why wasnt he or does any one know if he did?

i interpreted as what happened to that meaning "did it already air" kid of question, i would expect it to be in the next series, they don't just announce someone will test it forno reason i guess

HeilSvenska 09-12-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL123
Quote:

i interpreted as what happened to that meaning "did it already air" kid of question, i would expect it to be in the next series, they don't just announce someone will test it forno reason i guess

I think the real question is "Did Jeremy and Tiff test the CCR for Top Gear and Fifth Gear, respectively, or was it a private testing?"

Anonymous 09-12-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
Quote:

Quote:

I think the real question is "Did Jeremy and Tiff test the CCR for Top Gear and Fifth Gear, respectively, or was it a private testing?"

yeh i already said something similar earlier, often the eary tests don't seem to get filmed :-( top gear especially often wait for the manufacturer to give them a car to take to their track and don;t film the early press launches/ previews you see in their newspaper column's and top gear mag. Not sure if tiff writes for a magazine tho

levensnevel 10-25-2005 02:40 AM

Well Zonda,

think we now know what Tiff's verdict is:
:shock: a bucket on ballbearings :shock:

@ AL123

I tend to disagree with you on that one.
To be quite frank I can't remenber any footage of TG presenters actually slipping and sliding in factory supplied 'super' cars for quite some time now. When they 'test' a supercar on their track it is nearly always a privately owned one.

Anonymous 10-25-2005 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levensnevel
Well Zonda,

think we now know what Tiff's verdict is:
:shock: a bucket on ballbearings :shock:

@ AL123

I tend to disagree with you on that one.
To be quite frank I can't remenber any footage of TG presenters actually slipping and sliding in factory supplied 'super' cars for quite some time now. When they 'test' a supercar on their track it is nearly always a privately owned one.

well the enzo was privately owned, not sure about the CGT, SLR etc...... who knows my point was that they don't film press launches that often they seem to prefer waiting to get hold of one that they can give the full treatment, including stig test :D

chest3r 10-25-2005 09:57 AM

When JC tested the SLR, he burned a lot of rubber. I remember seeing it but I'm not sure if it was on TG or in his last DVD.

Quote:

they seem to prefer waiting to get hold of one that they can give the full treatment, including stig test :D

And that's much better! 8) But if would have a supercar I wouldn't let them drive it. Look what happened with the Koenigsegg CCR in 5th Gear :roll: