Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Favourite TV Shows and Movies (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Academy Awards results (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35371)

HeilSvenska 03-06-2006 12:39 AM

Academy Awards results

Here are some of the Oscar results.

Actor in a supporting role George Clooney in “Syriana"

Actor in a leading role Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Capote"

Actress in a supporting role Rachel Weisz in “The Constant Gardener"

Actress in a leading role Reese Witherspoon in “Walk the Line”

Original screenplay “Crash”

Achievement in directing Ang Lee for "Brokeback Mountain"

Best motion picture of the year “Crash”

more on
http://www.oscars.org/78academyawards/nomswins.html

I can proudly say I have seen none of the movies here. But come to think of it, every single one was probably better than Hostel.

AlienDB7 03-06-2006 12:42 AM

The only one I've seen is Constant Gardener and Rachel Weisz certainly deserves the award.

chest3r 03-06-2006 12:52 AM

I haven't seen any of the movies, but I can't wait to see "Crash". It should be an excelent movie.

Too bad Charlize Theron didn't won the Oscar. I would love to see her on stage :love: :love: :drool: :drool:

SFDMALEX 03-06-2006 01:18 AM

Havent seen any of those. Well I havent seen a movie in months lol.

Everyone is talking about broke back mountain, now Im no homophobe but I just dont feel like watching a movie about gays :| maybe one day

Toronto 03-06-2006 01:51 AM

Brokeback Mountain 3-5, stupid fags can't even make a winner... :P
(i did like Capote... :oops: )

Fleischmann 03-06-2006 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
I can proudly say I have seen none of the movies here. But come to think of it, every single one was probably better than Hostel.

I saw it a few days ago, damn it was boring. I can't believe the master Tarantino actually decided to produce that piece of crap.

I'm glad that Clooney got an oscar for the "Syriana" role, it's a good political film.

HeilSvenska 03-06-2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
Quote:

I saw it a few days ago, damn it was boring. I can't believe the master Tarantino actually decided to produce that piece of crap.

Actually, Quentin Tarantino gives out favors to people who worked on his own films. For example, he directed a part of Sin City for $1 because Robert Rodriguez did the score for him on "Kill Bill vol2" for $1. I think Eli Roth did something for him in the "Kill Bill vol2" so Tarantino let Roth use his name, although I think he did diddly squat. and it shows.

r2r 03-06-2006 02:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
Quote:

Actually, Quentin Tarantino gives out favors to people who worked on his own films. For example, he directed a part of Sin City for $1 because Robert Rodriguez did the score for him on "Kill Bill vol2" for $1. I think Eli Roth did something for him in the "Kill Bill vol2" so Tarantino let Roth use his name, although I think he did diddly squat. and it shows.

Wow, never new that.

bmagni 03-06-2006 02:35 AM

lol, WTF ?!?! Best visual effects King Kong ??? every single yeari believe less in this BS called the Oscars...

ae86_16v 03-06-2006 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin005
havent seen any of those, those Syriana and The Constant Gardener are on my "rent" list!!

Add Crash too. It is actually pretty good. . . people in there are so fucked up, but at the same time, very realistic.

It is one of those, oh my, I could not believed that happened. But at the same time, it could very well happen in today's society.

Well deserved.

RAMMIUS 03-06-2006 04:03 AM

Nothing for Munich :( Such a masterpiece , so profound

Quote:

lol, WTF ?!?! Best visual effects King Kong ??? every single yeari believe less in this BS called the Oscars...
:lol:

Overmind 03-06-2006 07:59 AM

Hmm.. looking at that list, the only picture that truly deserves the oscar is IMHO Crash :(.

Mattk 03-06-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
The only one I've seen is Constant Gardener and Rachel Weisz certainly deserves the award.

Same here, and I agree, even though I though the film was a bit boring.

Quote:

Crash
looks like a good movie, but I haven't seen it.

ARMAN 03-06-2006 11:16 AM

Would love to see Crash too, as for other movies have no idea what they are, its a money game anyways

Stikz 03-06-2006 02:25 PM

I saw Syriana and it was pretty good. I want to see Crash, soon i hope. I can't believe they gave best song to "Its hard out here for a pimp." What is wrong with people? It was an awful song, completely demeaning to women and it wins best song? WTF?