Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Overtaking, how you do it? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50604)

Zot09 09-17-2007 03:26 AM

I try not to do it, but if the situation comes up where I want to then I make sure that the road ahead of me is flat and straight so that I have a clear view of the oncoming traffic. I start creeping to the left, and if it's clear I drop a few gears and slam on the gas! :D

MIHALS 09-17-2007 08:18 AM

well, I think my R6 E30 is made to overtake as many times as possible :twisted:

I always overtake ONLY on safe straights. if there's a curve ahead, I rather stay behind the car and wait for the straight after the curve. then, kick 2 gears down to let my revs go to 4000 revs (damn, how do you call it, when you step on the clutch, build up the revs and kick lower gear? :oops: :lol: ) and owertake the car with a beaaaaatifullll R6 noise in the highest revs :twisted: - it gives me an ORGASM everytime I overtake :drool: - that's why my consumption isn't really low :hmm: :lol:

but as I said - ONLY ON SAFE parts of the road!!!
Czech drivers are very stupid and do a loads of stupid things (overtaking when there's a car coming in the other direction :x ), that's why it's the best keep on the right side of your lane :?

MIHALS 09-17-2007 08:44 AM

don't worry Mojo, my car isn't so fast, just agresively noisy :twisted:

Pokiou 09-17-2007 08:47 AM

Full throttle with a loud rumble of the boxer engine in there face!

MIHALS 09-17-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokiou

I would LOVE to be overtaken by you every single day :drool:

MIHALS 09-17-2007 09:00 AM

LOL :lol:

not that way, fortunatelly :roll: :mrgreen:

dutchmasterflex 09-17-2007 09:38 AM

Well since I drive low powered, torque-less Toyota's... I usually build speed up and catch them while they slow down for turns and take them on the corner. Which you shouldn't do ;)

cooperluke 09-17-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
... and take them on the corner.

You overtake on the corners? With or without visibility??? :?

Pokiou 09-17-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIHALS
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokiou

I would LOVE to be overtaken by you every single day :drool:

hehehe no problems :D

Darkel 09-17-2007 10:07 AM

After a couple of scary moments in the past, I think I've become much wiser these days :mrgreen:
I realized that 70hp is far from enough (especially uphill :shock: ), so I only overtake when I'm damn sure I'm gonna make it. Of course I still close by buttcheeks, veeery tight :mrgreen:

It's all about staying alive long enough to get my hands on a more powerful car, meanwhile I just smile at those idiots driving crappy cars and overtaking like they're Schumacher :wink: They usually end up in a tree or something.

pzgren 09-17-2007 10:31 AM

that's very simple - pedal to the metal if the view is good :D

nthfinity 09-17-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Well since I drive low powered, torque-less Toyota's... I usually build speed up and catch them while they slow down for turns and take them on the corner. Which you shouldn't do ;)

It can work in esses on a motorcycle pretty well... but I'd run you off the road with such a catwank move.

harryo2b 09-17-2007 11:28 AM

Depends where you drive. Here in Germany passing is the way of life even on the corners both visible and blind. For me if I know the road i stay back a bit and build up my speed to a suitable passing section when needed. If it's a road I don't know i lurk close but not tailgating to the car in front and since i have enough power or pre selected the proper gear to pass i just punch it and fly right past the car. I think the most cars i've passed on a two lane road at one time was 5 in about a 500 meter distance. :twisted:

What i hate is when i'm on a back road hauling ass in my car and come up to a straight a bike will be behind me out from no place! But then as soon as we hit a turn i'm on their ass passing them right back because they can't handle the turns at speed as i can. Damn motorcycles...good for nothing.

Mattk 09-17-2007 11:46 AM

I tend to just wait for a good, straight section, go into the opposing lane, and floor it.

saadie 09-17-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryo2b
For me if I know the road i stay back a bit and build up my speed to a suitable passing section when needed. If it's a road I don't know i lurk close but not tailgating to the car in front and since i have enough power or pre selected the proper gear to pass i just punch it and fly right past the car. I think the most cars i've passed on a two lane road at one time was 5 in about a 500 meter distance. :twisted:

no other logical way to do it ;) ..

i've passed 13 cars in a streach of 250 meters .. beat that suckers!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: