Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   5th Gear - S14 EP1 - 11th August, 2008 - Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57951)

vexor 07-25-2008 09:39 PM

5th Gear - S14 EP1 - 11th August, 2008 - Discussion

Quote:

A revamped Fifth Gear returns for a new series with a brand-new presenter. Tim Shaw joins Vicki Butler-Henderson, Tom Ford, Tiff Needell, Jonny Smith and Jason Plato as they explore the most exciting cars on the road.

This week, Tim’s first feature is a timely look at how to spend less money on fuel; Vicki takes snooker ace Ronnie O’Sullivan on the drive of his life; and Tiff gets behind the wheel of the world’s first underwater car. For its new series, Five’s legendary motoring show moves to one of the biggest car playgrounds in the world – a vast test-track facility that provides the perfect arena for the best drivers on TV to push cars to the limit.

Fifth Gear also welcomes new presenter Tim Shaw (‘Balls of Steel’, Kerrang! Radio) to the team. A self-confessed car enthusiast, Tim has been tasked with standing up for the beleaguered motorist. This week, he has to find ways of spending less money on fuel. As petrol and diesel prices near £6 a gallon, he softens the blow for some lucky drivers in Bedfordshire by personally refunding them while they fill up on the forecourt. Then Tim gets scientific, testing some of the different ways to make cars more economical.

Elsewhere, world snooker champion Ronnie O’Sullivan gets the fright of his life as Vicki Butler-Henderson takes him for some high-speed test drives. Ronnie has asked Fifth Gear to help him spend his snooker winnings on a new car, so Vicki takes him for a spin in the Mitsubishi Evo X, the Mercedes C63 AMG and the BMW M3.

Jason Plato and Tiff Needell go head-to-head on the track in one of their famous ‘Dogfights’ this week by testing the Mitsubishi Evo X FQ300 and the Subaru Impreza WRX STi. The resulting race at 120mph in torrential rain ends in a close shave that panics even these two professional drivers...

Also this week, Jonny Smith investigates the startling rumour that cars are now worth more as scrap metal than as functioning vehicles. Tom Ford tests Ford’s new SUV, the Kuga, by driving it on snow, road and mud. And Tiff Needell tries out the world’s first underwater car, the Rinspeed Squba, which was inspired by James Bond’s white Lotus Esprit in ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’.
:thumbup:

marcefer 07-26-2008 12:46 AM

Nearly perfect timing. :-)
Top Gear goes to summer "siesta", but at least we have Fifth Gear.
How many episodes will this season be?

vexor 07-26-2008 09:01 PM

haven't got a clue but judging by past seasons at least 10 or so

k24hybrid 08-10-2008 04:40 PM

Jabba's h.264 version upload?

Hello to all, i want to know what releases are going to be upload:?:. Jabba is going to upload the h.264 -super hi def- version:?: or just xvid :?: Thanks in advance:thumbup:.

TopGearNL 08-10-2008 06:15 PM

Well Tiff and Plato are allright, their features aren't too bad. Its vicky ''cock sucking'' henderson that annoys me.. :twisted:

Anyway lets hope for some nice features and reviews this season, start doesn't sound bad..

But WTF is this Tim Shaw chap. Wasn't there a BTCC driver named shaw?

stmoritzer 08-13-2008 11:49 AM

quick question - I'm missing the episodes features on the front page ?
Are they in progress ?

Thanks for a feedback

Jabba 08-14-2008 04:42 AM

Mikafan still has internet problems I think, so I will be doing them today with a bit of luck, the Olympics has kinda been causing everything to be delayed.

stmoritzer 08-14-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba (Post 847645)
Mikafan still has internet problems I think, so I will be doing them today with a bit of luck, the Olympics has kinda been causing everything to be delayed.

sounds familiar - very evening olympia on tv :mrgreen:

DeMoN 08-14-2008 06:13 AM

Was kind of skeptical when I read "new announcer" but he isnt bad. Good to see the M3 there. Funny how he didnt doubt one sec about taking the M3 over the merc. Poor Evo he couldnt even bear the thought of being seen on a mitsubishi apparently.