Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What is this crazy cool thing from sony? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25888)

Toronto 05-31-2005 11:20 PM

What is this crazy cool thing from sony?

http://gprime.net/video.php/sonyrevolution
anyone one know?
look cool, is it for real?

CMonakar 05-31-2005 11:25 PM

wow

RC45 05-31-2005 11:36 PM

Looks like the ultimate edition of a true windowed managed system!!!

ZfrkS62 05-31-2005 11:36 PM

:shock: Where can i get myself one of those?! :shock:

Aleighy 05-31-2005 11:48 PM

does anyone know exactly what it is? it just looks like a space-consuming confusing contraption. no thank you.

RC45 05-31-2005 11:53 PM

It is quite clever. Each tile is appears to be the software and processor and display in one.

The fact that you don't click an icon or launch a command line instruction, but rather put the program on the substrate.

Note how selecting your purchase simply involved dragging th song from the music tile to the shoppig tile - and sending your purchase simply required you touch your cell phone to the shopping mofule - and to play the animation attach it to the time machine module, which also played the weather radar time lapse.

Pretty interesting concept.

Aleighy 05-31-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
It is quite clever. Each tile is appears to be the software and processor and display in one.

The fact that you don't click an icon or launch a command line instruction, but rather put the program on the substrate.

Note how selecting your purchase simply involved dragging th song from the music tile to the shoppig tile - and sending your purchase simply required you touch your cell phone to the shopping mofule - and to play the animation attach it to the time machine module, which also played the weather radar time lapse.

Pretty interesting concept.

oh i am soooo lost :?

Toronto 06-01-2005 12:02 AM

this reminds me of the movie minority report, no?

gigdy 06-01-2005 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toronto

kind of but there is a machine that is much closer to minority report, created by the guy who helped out with the movie.

Chaos in 1983! 06-01-2005 02:31 AM

wow, that thing is awesome!...it looks quite comlicated thouhg...if each tile is a program of sort...where the hell would I store so many of them...it would be way too confusing...

RC45 06-01-2005 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!
wow, that thing is awesome!...it looks quite comlicated thouhg...if each tile is a program of sort...where the hell would I store so many of them...it would be way too confusing...

I would imagine that eventually you would have a single tile that would take on whatever role you needed at that moment.

Fleischmann 06-01-2005 03:32 AM

Wow..thatlooks cool. The project seems to be very practical as almost everything can be done using the invention as we saw on the video. And navigating between the options should be easy, after all all you do is you do is use a pen and clip on the appropriate function tiles. Me likes :D

sheruken 06-01-2005 07:08 AM

Well I think its in its very early stage as yet.. Its totally eye opening, but doesnt make much sence as of now, but we know exactly where it is headed :D
Nice find! Mr. Universe!! :P

gogglibear 06-01-2005 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigdy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toronto

kind of but there is a machine that is much closer to minority report, created by the guy who helped out with the movie.

I saw one they are fine tuneing it to work with hand gestures I have no idea what its called or I would show you it.

Overmind 06-01-2005 08:24 AM

well, it does look cool, but how is it better than an ordinary touch screen display? And having so many specialized panels?