Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Video Card Problem Solved - £750 down the drain - GUTTED (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15088)

Jabba 08-26-2004 10:59 AM

Video Card Problem Solved - £750 down the drain - GUTTED

I now have the answer to why the cards are failing.

The cards have been closely examined and it would seem that there is either water droplets / condensation leaking onto them from my vapochil cooling system...it looks like both cards are un-repairable and I will have to pay over £750 to replace them (my original card plus the replacement)

I am still in a state of shock and feel absolutely sick.

Anonymous 08-26-2004 11:10 AM

Re: Video Card Problem Solved - £600 down the drain - GUTTE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
I now have the answer to why the cards are failing.

The cards have been closely examined and it would seem that there is either water droplets / condensation leaking onto them from my vapochil cooling system...it looks like both cards are un-repairable and I will have to pay over £600 to replace them (my original card plus the replacement)

I am still in a state of shock and feel absolutely sick.

Damn Jabba yet another un-needed expense :( , Is there nothing you can do to get any compensation from the cooling system people? as i would caracterise that as an inherent design fault myself :| leaking water/ condensation next to expensive electronics shouldn't happen IMO

Jabba 08-26-2004 11:13 AM

Just sending them an e-mail now....and I am going to await their responce before saying anything else.

pipe 08-26-2004 11:14 AM

damn that sucks.. but it is one unfortunate effect of using phase change cooling - unless the insulation is perfect then you get some condensation :( ( I nearly killed a 9700pro the same way, but luckily after a few days it worked ok again )

Jabba 08-26-2004 11:17 AM

I paid alot of money to savrow for it to be perfect....I wish I had built it myself now...paying for your own mistakes is bad enough...paying for someone elses...well there are no words for how I feel right now....

TT 08-26-2004 11:24 AM

Argh that's sick!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on savrow for a messy job I suppose...

stracing 08-26-2004 11:45 AM

that really sucks

and whats worse you were praising them a lot in the other thread

Anonymous 08-26-2004 11:50 AM

Don't think we even know for sure who is to blame, may just be a faulty cooler and not within their control i guess

Jabba 08-26-2004 12:13 PM

Well they charged me big bucks for it...so lets see what they have got to say before anything else is said.

mindgam3 08-26-2004 12:16 PM

:( that aint too good, surely its still under warranty though? And its not exactly your fault?

Jabba 08-26-2004 12:38 PM

Its a very complicated issue and long story...but its a third party card that I fitted...that was damaged by a savrow component....

As I say... slightly more complicated and I hope they show good understanding of the situation.

cooperluke 08-26-2004 12:51 PM

Hum... big shit...

But you something from Savrow where they admit that it was their component that caused the other one to fail??

If I were you... I would get on their anckle until they payed for their mistakes!

Ask the opinion of your lawyer, maybe he has a better idea of the recomended procedures!

SFDMALEX 08-26-2004 12:59 PM

Well third party or not say you are a proffesional that needed that third party card. I dont think anyone buys a system that expensive and doesnt make alternations to it.

And this could have happend to any card, even their own card that came with the system.

Jabba 08-26-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

And this could have happend to any card, even their own card that came with the system.

The reason I changed their card was because it was un-reliable (kept locking the PC up)..and now I know why of course....gonna have a good look at that card tonight.

itsthepham 08-26-2004 01:24 PM

Hmm...Jabba, sorry about that horrible news though. anyways, have you have your mind set on any other cards?