Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   $18,000 Star Wars Boba Fett figure (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33783)

bmagni 01-17-2006 04:39 PM

$18,000 Star Wars Boba Fett figure

The most famous unproduced figure of Star Wars, it wasn't produced cause the firing missile was dangerous for kids eyes, there are probably around 5 or 6 of these, if im not wrong, some painted, and some unpainted, some with an L slot like this one, some with J slot...
pretty rare find...

http://cgi.ebay.com/C-9-Rocket-Firin...QQcmdZViewItem

gis 01-17-2006 08:13 PM

Puts my mind at rest for payin nearly £200 for a die cast model,lol

exhausted mules 01-17-2006 08:29 PM

that's alot of money for a toy.

sameerrao 01-17-2006 09:10 PM

We should be glad for crazies like these ... makes the rest of us look normal ... isn't it Dani and Momodels .. hint .. hint

5vz-fe 01-17-2006 09:30 PM

Well, if u can afford and buy that thing.......u prolly have everything else ....

blinkmeat 01-17-2006 09:32 PM

A waste of money - people are starving to death and you're buying this shit ?

Rot in hell

graywolf624 01-17-2006 09:34 PM

How does someone who lives in his parents basement afford 18000 dollars.. ;)

Mattk 01-17-2006 09:43 PM

This is bloody ridiculous. My life savings amount to less than $5000 (AUD), not that I've had a particularly long life, but still.

antonioledesma 01-17-2006 10:32 PM

could it really be the original prototype? I read a lot about false and raw copies made from "common" (if they're common :P) boba fetts
you can buy any COA at almost every shop, and more if it's a +15k usd figure :|

DeMoN 01-17-2006 10:58 PM

piece of shiat! Personally, I dont like Star Wars, or any SCI FI for that matter. Paying 18k though must sound like crap even for hard-core starwars fans.

btw blinkmeat, you seem to have a database full of amazing Avatars. I stared at that one for a long time.

DeMoN 01-17-2006 11:00 PM

oh hell! look 60$ shipping too! Does that mean the current owner flies with the figurine and delivers it to your door too?

bmagni 01-17-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkmeat

Rot in hell

its the same as someone spending 1 mill in a bugatti, so for some people is stupid for others its just normal

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
could it really be the original prototype? I read a lot about false and raw copies made from "common" (if they're common :P) boba fetts
you can buy any COA at almost every shop, and more if it's a +15k usd figure :|

yup its real, it has a certificate, and the guy bougth it from cloud city collectibles, who are specialized in vintage figures...

Minacious 01-17-2006 11:49 PM

I'm a huge Boba Fett fan and even I think that price is a fucking joke. Come on now, why would anyoe pay that type of money? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

blinkmeat, I love the avatar.

sentra_dude 01-17-2006 11:55 PM

The only thing that will be more crazy than that offered price is if someone pays that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmagni
Quote:

Rot in hell

its the same as someone spending 1 mill in a bugatti, so for some people is stupid for others its just normal

Maybe so, but $18,000 for a [rare] piece of cheap plastic is a fucking rip-off if you ask me.

bmagni 01-18-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
The only thing that will be more crazy than that offered price is if someone pays that.

he must have payed around 15 grand for it, there was one sold for that price not so long ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmagni
Quote:

Rot in hell

Maybe so, but $18,000 for a [rare] piece of cheap plastic is a fucking rip-off if you ask me.

like paying a mill for a fast VW...