Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Top Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Clarkson attacked 4 times in Iraq! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30572)

Anonymous 10-10-2005 06:02 PM

Clarkson attacked 4 times in Iraq!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirror.co.uk
EXCLUSIVE: TOP GEAR CLARKSON SHOT AT 4 TIMES ON IRAQ JOB
From Chris Hughes Security Correspondent In Basra

TV presenter Jeremy Clarkson came under fire four times in one day from insurgents in Iraq.

The terrified Top Gear frontman was shot at three times in the air before the camp he was staying at was attacked by mortars.

Clarkson, who was not hurt in the incidents, said: "I knew this would happen - this sort of thing always happens to me."

One British soldier said: "We've never seen anything like this occur to one person, especially not a civilian."

Clarkson's ordeal began on Saturday morning when his Hercules flight from Basra to Baghdad was shot at by ground-based terrorists with rocket-propelled grenades south of the capital.

He held on as the plane took a sharp turn to avoid the flak and released flares to confuse the attackers.

A relieved Clarkson later joined US troops on a Black Hawk helicopter only to come under fire again, before his return flight to Basra was marred by another frightening assault by rebels.

Then within hours of landing, Shia tribesman launched a ferocious mortar attack on the city's airbase compound. Nobody was injured.

Clarkson, in Iraq to research a newspaper article, has now been dubbed "Target Practice" by squaddies. One joked: "People are saying he's saved lives because the Iraqis have used so much ammo trying to kill him."

PLANNERS have rejected the BBC's bid for a new Top Gear test track on a 100-acre airfield in the village of Enstone, Oxon.

bondw23 10-10-2005 06:05 PM

ok now its time to nuke those bitches :x

NO ONE fucks with top gear

Anonymous 10-10-2005 06:06 PM

aahhahahah don't mess with our Top Gear!!

nthfinity 10-10-2005 06:09 PM

Quote:

PLANNERS have rejected the BBC's bid for a new Top Gear test track on a 100-acre airfield in the village of Enstone, Oxon.
hmm this seems to not fit with the tone of the rest of the story...

Quote:

ok now its time to nuke those bitches

NO ONE fucks with top gear
Damn strait! :x :x :x

Anonymous 10-10-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Quote:

hmm this seems to not fit with the tone of the rest of the story...

Thats tabloid Journalism for you, i'll see if i can find the whole story and post a seperate topic :lol:

gis 10-10-2005 06:11 PM

Quote:

Clarkson, in Iraq to research a newspaper article, has now been dubbed "Target Practice" by squaddies. One joked: "People are saying he's saved lives because the Iraqis have used so much ammo trying to kill him."
LOL that part is funny

i wonder why they went after clarkson though,but i agree,lets nuke them :lol:

dutchmasterflex 10-10-2005 06:23 PM

Who would of thought JC was hated so much by the Iraqi's...

Anonymous 10-10-2005 06:33 PM

somehow i doubt they knew who was on the flights unless they have started annoucing over the radio :P For the base they probably saw some semi important looking civi and decided it was an opportune moment i guess :bah: You know the risks before you go but still thats a bit extreme!!

Anonymous 10-10-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodduck
anyone know what he was doing there exactly? poor clarkie LMAO i would love to hear him tell this story.

just a newspaper article..... very well researched if thats true! shame it wasn't for tv, be interesting to see that!! hell of alot of drama for one day!

Anonymous 10-10-2005 09:03 PM

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...icle318353.ece

blinkmeat 10-10-2005 09:11 PM

Think there will be a helicopter review soon? :roll:

AlienDB7 10-10-2005 10:18 PM

The iraqis probably saw the Top Gear ep with Jeremy in the SLK55 AMG / Boxster and thought it's a good way to say hello to JC.

I can see Jeremy taking this and make it a Top Gear feature.

SilviaEvo 10-10-2005 10:45 PM

hahahah this made me almost choke to death!
Quote:

At one point during his visit to Basra he is said to have asked the British military to organise the blowing up of a car. He was told, however, that staging explosions in Iraq of all places was not a good idea.

Sachmo12345 10-11-2005 01:24 AM

if he died that show would be done with for me

SPEED_DEMON82 10-11-2005 10:08 AM

HOw about doing the same to an iraqi we all know..... Saddam Hussain.... Put that damn MoFo in a chopper, fly him over Baghdad over his castle nad blow that damn butcher to pieces .....