Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Got into The University of Waterloo (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10962)

Zonda11 05-31-2004 04:56 PM

Got into The University of Waterloo

I was recently admitted to the University of Waterloo for Mechatronics engineering! I am incredibly happy....as I have worked all year for this. The University of Waterloo is regarded by many people as Canada's MIT - with students coming from all across the world. Davmac, who is also a JW member was also admitted to Waterloo for the same program(although a lot sooner than me, due to having a 98% avg. - which boggles my mind). He got a scholarship for $1500 which is total crap considering his avg. MY 89% avg. got me $ 0.0000 !!! YEA :D However, students usually make $50,000-60,000 during university because of CO-OP - So it's OK!

Just thought I'd let you guys know.....Any other guys here starting University next year??

vv1s34ss 05-31-2004 04:58 PM

Man, that's cool. If you say it's the Canadian equivalent of MIT, it's obiously and awsome school and you have quite a bright future. Congrats :!:

Junk2006 05-31-2004 05:06 PM

I have to say don't get too confident with that co-op shit until you land your first actual co-op job you probably will have to settle for working at futureshop and not in an actual building.

I know this from my brother as he is in computer engineering

Zonda11 05-31-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junk2006
I have to say don't get too confident with that co-op shit until you land your first actual co-op job you probably will have to settle for working at futureshop and not in an actual building.

I know this from my brother as he is in computer engineering

Money is not that big of an issue...it's just better than getting a scholarship at a school with no CO-OP!!

coombsie66 05-31-2004 05:25 PM

Well dun mate! Sounds impressive! As ive found though, it only gets harder! :(

hemi_fan 05-31-2004 05:47 PM

Yeah, Waterloo is amazing! I heard you need 90+ averages to get into their engineering courses. I dont think i'll make that, but we'll see.

MercedeSChink 05-31-2004 07:02 PM

nerd!!! jokes have fun eh!? i regret choosing to go to Ryerson instead of going to Laurier or Queens for business last year...sigh...

Erez 05-31-2004 07:12 PM

HOLY SHIT!! great news for you!!
i might not go to canada soon cause i need a 85-90 av so they say.. and i am Faaaaaaaaaaar from it... and i'm not sure if i want to work so hard in trying to get that av.. :? ...

anyway.. thats great news!! make the best use of it! :wink:

hanes 05-31-2004 07:25 PM

Good Stuff, i don't live to far from it, It is consider one of the tops in Canada. Always has been in the top 3 for as long as I can remember