Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Music And Noise (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   New Robert Plant CD - isn't all that bad (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24955)

Toronto 05-01-2005 08:46 PM

New Robert Plant CD - isn't all that bad

ok if you are reading this you are either
A - know who robert plant is, and love or hate zeppelin
B - don't know who robert plant is, and is a wanna b rocker and you just have a throw back 70's zeppelin shirt , and most of the time you bull out the devil's horns at ashley simpson concerts, sum 41, billy talent ...
C - know who robert plant is, and didn't know he has records out side of zeppelin
D - feel stupid that you have bought his cd's in the past, because non of them are half as good as zeppelin.

now for all those D's out there, if you have bought his stuff in the past and most of it was bad except for Now and Zen and Manic Nirvana (both had some decent songs on them) this new cd, is much like those 2 albums, but if anything slower and deeper

now this new rober plant cd, is the best album a zeppelin member has come out with since the end of the band. better then the firm, better then death wish II soundtrack :twisted:
this is deff. my #1 recommended new album of the year.

if you like the cd no quarter, you would like this, if you like zeppelin III you will like this, I highly suggest you go out and "get" a copy of this. and check out his tour dates (whoopi toronto in the summer) also check out www.robertplant.com

now for all you B's out there :fist: :twisted:

ZfrkS62 05-01-2005 09:36 PM

well i definetly fall into the A category :D I knew Plant had put out other CDs but i don't have them :( Thanks for the rec. Toronto. I'll go check it out 8)

SFDMALEX 05-01-2005 10:00 PM

Isnt he touring aswel? My boss said something about him coming to Toronto....

anyway I herd his solo stuff and thought its utter crap................might download his new album first to see if its worth the 20 or 25$ that it costs..

SFDMALEX 05-01-2005 10:33 PM

Re: New Robert Plant CD - isn't all that bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toronto
now for all you B's out there :fist: :twisted:

Too many of those dick heads out there ey? Fucking sick of all these posers......

be it rocker posers, skater posers, gangsta posers.........

gigdy 05-02-2005 12:47 AM

i got this cd, but really only enjoyed Shine it all around.

Mers 05-02-2005 08:43 AM

Well, if u remember my last sig, you know I was in the A category, for sure...
i read reviews on Rolling stone, and they were really talking well about this album...I really wanna get it, but i dunno when it's coming to Brazil...
now lemme ask u sth, Toronto... have u ever heard Joh Paul Jones' solo stuff? it's really really good!!! Especially "Zoom", the albums have very nice songs...just different from zeppelin....

Toronto 05-02-2005 02:27 PM

^^^ Yes I have, most of it is hard to find on Vinyl, but I have the movie soundtrack that he did some place in my storage (got 1000's of LP just building dust on them)

JPJ wasn't really happy with zeppelin, hence him wanting to leave the band, but most of the time it was because Bonzo only hit the drums at 4x4 and he wanted 7x7 :D he really wanted to sound more blues, not heavy blues or hard rock.
but he is an amazing man who can out play most people on more things then people have fingers. and even page, but you can't compare them really, slopy amazing riffs vs. clean classical stuff. but that is a whole nother story

But Plant is still the best solo of them all IMO,

Mers 05-02-2005 06:50 PM

^^^
True...Plant was the frontman, so maybe he had a bit more reconaissance...

ARMAN 05-02-2005 06:59 PM

Who's Robert Plant? :|

jk :mrgreen:

blinkmeat 05-02-2005 07:04 PM

So it's good huh? I heard it was pretty terrible... i'll DL some maybe.