Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   What You Saw Today (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I drove my second Lambo today! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37869)

TT 05-26-2006 05:08 PM

I drove my second Lambo today!

http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost...and_Diablo.jpg

Well, things happens almost too quickly sometimes :D I am still savouring my Diablo SV drive and PAF, today I was handed the key of a Murcielago :D not bad isn't it? :shock:

Another marvellous guy, I know him a bit since we met a couple of times thanks to asphalte.ch meetings. generous, open minded, a pleasure to spend time with him... your typical Lambo owner!
I visited him to shoot his Murcielago and dad's Diablo Roadster Millenium ;) nice family and nice garage! We spent the whole afternoon driving around in Jura's backroad trying to find some good locations and I think we found them ;) also got the Lambo tractor for the first location, which was fine!
There was also a pretty cute blonde babe with us and took some pics with her on the cars too (dressed, sorry), but will ask her her permission before posting those pics in public ;)

Anyway, I must admit I only did granny driving with the Murci: narrow country/mountain roads I don't know at all... didn't want to mess up.. short shifting and never more than 100 kmh.. and yet, amazing!!!!! Even easier to drive than a Diablo actualy. You feel there is more on tap and lower in rev band, but despite that, the Diablo felt more brutal. This Murci has a very loud exhaust, really boomy, but inside the cabin insonorisation in stronger ence quiter. Better for long drives I bet and high in the revs the scream manage to pierce through!

Anyway, all in all, another epic experience!
It wasn't my first time as a passenger in a Murci, but first time on such twisties and it was nice to see the grip potential!

Again, sorry for the dumb preview, but I thought once again it would be better to put "on paper" the first impressions right after coming home :)

Time to edit those pics since I have a couple more indeprths to deal with ;)

saadie 05-26-2006 05:12 PM

not bad .. what are you talking about :shock:

you are really one lucky Bastrad! :P :?

TT 05-26-2006 05:16 PM

The Murci feels definitely much heavier. Both the steering wheel, probably because of the AWD system, but also in weight shifting situations. It's weird because when you really ask for it, it's actually quite nimble, and still, the momentum gathering part is someway slower, like if the mass it has to move around is (as it is), havier.
But well, it's heavy in a good way I think and it never feels slow of course.

saadie 05-26-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everso
the Murcielago is a classic....

are you fucking insane :lol: Classic ? D'oh

r2r 05-26-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saadie
Quote:

Originally Posted by everso
the Murcielago is a classic....

are you fucking insane :lol: Classic ? D'oh

The Murcielago roadster is a classic in my book; when was the last time you saw something that extreme, hardcore, and unpractical. :P
(and it doesn't necessarily have to be old to be considered classic)

Dam TT, you are leaving the high life right now! :D

The first pic is great, can't wait for the rest. :P

TT 05-26-2006 05:34 PM

Anyway the Murci has better visibility and although quite similar to the Diablo afterall, it feels so much more modern and refined :D but of course less rawness kinda detract from the experience at times :D

Wating now for a Countach and a Miura to die in peace :D

Shinigami 05-26-2006 07:39 PM

Cool to hear this man! I already told you that if you keep at it, the doors will begin to open up for you and the test drives come on their own ;)

You're building some status by providing good photos to the community, and people will recognize this. With status comes respect, and with respect comes a chance to know the objects of desire with more "depth".

Just keep it up and who knows, as the word gets around, you just might be one of those gets to drive most of the very best supercars ever manufactured :D

TT 05-26-2006 07:44 PM

HAHA, I whish Shin ;) and for sure the day I'll have a nice garage I will be a generous owner after having known ppl like you, Flavio, Franck and the others ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane
Wow man, yet another drive in another exotic italian supercar. So...Zonda coming up?

Hehe, actually could be :P maybe not in the driver seat though :P

Garretts_turbo 05-26-2006 08:26 PM

congrats, man! i've only seen one diablo in person several years ago...it was breathtaking

BTW, classic pic!!

dingo 05-26-2006 08:35 PM

The Murcielago is a beast, obviously I've only been passenger but from that I can imagine how cool this must've been for you! Congrats!

MIHALS 05-26-2006 10:01 PM

damn, are you trying to piss somebody off or something? :x :mrgreen:

driving these babies must be a real pleasure :love: but ofcourse you deserve a drive, because of your great work in this comunity! Can't wait for the pics, the first one is marvelous!!! :D

shini > I can see swiss Jeremy C. in the future :D

sameerrao 05-26-2006 10:33 PM

Good read TT ... Congrats on your drive ... hope you get many more!!

DeMoN 05-26-2006 11:52 PM

amazing picture!

yg60m 05-27-2006 02:09 AM

Nice TT, thank you for sharing one of another great experience, it will become almost normal for you to drive these cars :wink:

TT 05-27-2006 04:13 AM

LOL, thanks guys, and to be honest some time ago I started to wonder if I should maybe stick to posting pics and avoiding comments on how cool it is to sit in the passenger seat or take the wheel of such cars.
Because I know very well that such topics can quickly sound a bit like bragging :roll: I admit there is probably a part of it. I think it is just impossible for a car nut like me and you not to be proud of such special moments.
The fact dingo and others have similar moments more and more often kinda make things easier luckily.

If in the end I prefer to also share a couple of words about each car it's just because I know how cool it was for me when I was just a regular mortal being ( :roll: ).. dreaming about Ferraris and Lambos but just approaching such cars VERY rarely.
Reading magazines like mad, scanning the net for more driving impressions, passionate descriptions and pictures obviously. It was such a thrill to see such cars really exists and some ppl can actually drive or be in them.
And now that being in a Ferrari, while still being an exceptional moment, isn't so rare anymore, I think it's my turn to post reports to show ppl what it is like from a normal person's perspective. Sure, I lack the skills to really write a nice review, especially in my third language, but I have to try ;) and if even a single person in this planet will dream for a second about the given car thanks to my pics or writeup, that's great!

In conclusion, don't hate me :D I am trying my best to take you all with me for every new ride ;)