Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Favourite TV Shows and Movies (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What are the most terrifying movies to watch on Halloween ? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42397)

Jabba 10-28-2006 08:20 AM

What are the most terrifying movies to watch on Halloween ?

Easily the best movies for me recently have been SAW one and two, where they kinda leave you thinking long after the movie has finished.

However I cant think of many movies that are actually connected to Halloween, I mean the Halloween Michael Myers series of movies wasn't about the origins of Halloween, more the day when the murdering took place, please correct me here if necessary, as I am no expert on those movies.

Halloween 3 "season of the witch" however although regarded as the worst of all the Halloween movies, at least was connected to the actual day, and tried to go back to the pagan origins of sacrificing children (I don't think many people like to think or admit that this is a day when lots of nasty things were done to animals and people).

Anyway lets see what other movies we can think of, maybe we could list two movies, the most terrifying and the most terrifying with a Halloween theme, and then I will try and upload the two most popular on JW or ask Pato to.

blinkmeat 10-28-2006 08:47 AM

I found Silent Hill to be creepy (gore included) ideologically and cinematically. Flatliners has a startling facter as does Lord of the Flies, for me.

Halloween Movies: Monster Squad / Night of the Living Dead

gangajas 10-28-2006 10:33 AM

Hasn't Tim Allen made a film about Halloween? That would be the most terrifying film ever. :lol:

TNT 10-28-2006 11:35 AM

i can't think of any movie dealing directly with halloween, but Saw III was awesome.

Toronto 10-28-2006 02:19 PM

well there are alot of movies that take place on/around Halloween, but they are mostly just poor slasher flicks.

but here is a list of the top 30 to get your brain juices flowing
http://www.stuffmagazine.com/article...x.aspx?id=1499

Jabba 10-28-2006 07:19 PM

Gremlins, Jaws and Planet Of The Apes ? WTF, You may as well add Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck... LOL

T-Bird 10-28-2006 08:40 PM

28 days later was an excellent movie along with the Saw series.

nthfinity 10-29-2006 06:50 PM

um

call me old fassioned, but Evil Dead, and Evil Dead II are fun... not specifically scary :P

but a realy terrifying movie?
Silence of the Lambs, at least as much as Hanibal... visa versa

Aliens 1 scared me shitless when i was young... but its not the same now

Brahm Stroker's Duracula was damn good, even if wooden Reeves was in it.

I hear that the Excersism of Emily Rose was wayyyy crazy.... dono, never saw it

BAP's is scary in a totally different way... but if the Vagina monolouges are on tape, then that surely must be scarier!

nthfinity 10-29-2006 07:51 PM

28 days later was gay IMO

Omen was definately :twisted: :shock: !

i dono about the new one, never saw it

Toronto 10-29-2006 08:15 PM

maybe we could do the new omen and the old one and do a little comparison of our own.

ZfrkS62 10-29-2006 10:21 PM

Omen, Exorcist and Children of the Corn are good.

The first 3 Hellraisers are also good.

SFDMALEX 10-30-2006 12:06 AM

I dunno I never get scared watching movies, cause I know its just a movie...digusted and shit from gore but not scared.

Erez 10-30-2006 12:30 AM

the freddy krueger movies (1-7 i think) scared the hell out of me when i was little..
the Alien movies never scared me, i just loved (and still does!) them!
saw 1&2 were great, haven't seen 3 yet.. dont think i know any proper Halloween movies.. anyways.. i'm always on the lookout for scary movies.. but they are the hardest one to come by, as most horror movies suck.. if anyone know one (or more :) ) please PM me! :wink:

novass 10-30-2006 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
call me old fassioned, but Evil Dead, and Evil Dead II are fun... not specifically scary :P

Best movies ever :D

I dont know of any Halloween related movies, but I guess any scary movie can meet the bill.

As far as new movies go, The SAW series are pretty good, havent seen 3 yet though. Dawn of the Dead remake was a pretty entertaining movie as well. The House on Haunted Hill was good in the beginning, but the ending sucked. Silent Hill was kinda creepy. Session 9 was a creepy movie too. I heard Audition was good but I have never seen it. The Omen remake was alright, nothing too special IMO

For old movies, Night of the Living Dead was okay, Pumpkinhead I cant really remember. Freaks was creepy mainly because I hate Carnis.

Thats all I can think of ATM

I have Silent Hill and The Omen (new one) already on my comp, so if anyone wants them, let me know.

Jabba 10-30-2006 06:29 AM

I have SAW III but its a crap copy, hopefully a screener will come out any day now.