View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tuffguy
you're an idiot, and full of assumptions.
I am also pompous and opinionated.

you have no idea what i drive,
No I don't - What do you drive?

and you have no idea how i like my cars.
Actually I think we have an idea - you don't like them domestic and purpose built to race in the GT class-- I mean you just said so - with your jab at "catering to the import crowd" - right?

I am also guessing since you didn't say something like "Wow nice car, but bad name.." you probably don't like it..

first off, this "GT-R" is by no means "stock". i would consider it "highly tuned".
Which is what we all know - and the "Mines" Skyline would not own it... they would be able to compete in the GT class - in fact both may need to be detuned to qualify for the GT class limits.

also, my original question was if ford has used GT-R in the past, or if they're simply doing it for the import crowd. i did not criticize this car or its merits. i'm not the one who said 'let's race for it'. and if we're gonna race for it, why would i choose a stock R34 to go up against this beast?
Why would they do this for the import crowd? It is pegged to be a factory provided race car.

And I never criticized the Skyline on it's merits or it's sole claim to the GT-R moniker - I simply said "if you want the name back - let's race for it".

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote