View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 01:35 AM   #24
normy360
Regular User

I agree with Crazidude that the Cayenne's looks leave much to be desired. I've driven it and dynamically it is probably the best handling SUV on the market. Porsche had the chance to build the BEST SUV, but blew the styling. To me, it looks like a bubble. It lacks aggression and eye appeal. The interior is nice, but I think the seats could be more comfortable. After test driving it, I opted to purchase an '04 Range Rover as my daily driver.

For those who think Porsche sold their soul to produce this car: Porsche has been a small player in the car world, and has been subject to the ups and downs of economies. In the late 80's/early 90's, Porsche almost went out of existance. They had to expand their market away from pure sports cars to gain stability for their company. Porsche fans (and I can say this because I used to own a 993 Carrera S) have been notoriously tradition bound and unwilling to change. In the 60's they said it was sacrilege to bring out the 911, that the 356 was the only "true" Porsche. Then they lambasted the water-cooled 924/944/928's because the only "true" Porsche is air cooled and rear-engined. They did the same to the 996. And now they're doing it to the Cayenne. :roll: Sigh..... So, despite my first paragraph disparaging the ugly Cayenne, I think Porsche did the right thing. Hopefully with the second generation we will get the world-class beautiful to behold Cayenne that should have been built in the first place.
normy360 is offline   Reply With Quote