View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by nthfinity
welcome to the world of wind tunnel design.... form follows function. yes, this car produces more down force then the Enzo, and is lighter then the enzo...

2750 lb

and think how fast 160mph is... airplanes take off at those speeds, so why cant the car produce its own wieght in negetive lift?
Airplanes wings surface area accounts for the surface area of 3 Saleens.

This car simply cannot produce 2750. The Saleen RACECAR produces 1500-1600 TOPS at Max speed of around 180-200.

The Panoz GTR made 1800 max.

There is no friggin way this car can produce 2750lb of dowforce no matter what.

Just to get some reasurance I just had a chat with an aerodynamisist and he said there is no way it can produce that downforce at any speed that the car is capable of achiving. It will only make a couple of hundred tops.
If you feel that strongly about it - why not call the manufacturer out in their lie.

Unless you are not 100% sure of your facts...
And what good will calling the manufacturer will do?

Unless there is a big fan in the underbody there is no way this car can produce 2750lb.

I already talked to one aero guy and he said its impossible.

Ill wait for another guy to show up and he will tell me the exact numbers for the Saleen racers from FIA GT. And Im 99% sure that he will say its no where near 2000.
But remember - FIA imposes rules regarding allowable downforce.. the street doesn't..

And calling out the manufacturer is the only thing you can do really - because if the brochure says X - and you say Y - I am going with X - until you get the manufacturer to say Y...

Anything else is speculation... right...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote