View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 01:55 AM   #26
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The added dimension of being able to see the cars move (as in slot cars) is what I have been looking for over the last 8 years or so.

That's just what I am thinking too ... it is almost a win-win situation ... the cars are nicely detailed - you can keep them as display items and then when you feel the need you can drive it on the circuit.

And as RC showed me the other day, you can put magnets appropraitely on the car to simulate the cars driving behaviour to a small degree. E.g. for a Canam car make it tail happy (no magnet) or for a AWD car put a magnet up front to have more stable grip...

There are two demerits in my mind 1) Too many details adds to the weight of the car making it slower than the pure racers. But this is OK if you are not intending on seeing it race but just want to see it move under its own power. 2) Too fine a design may make you scared to race it in fear od breaking off a mirror or something.

Nothings perfect ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote