View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #43
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by DMbaseball1604
Just because, knowing as much as you do about Porsche and as much as you love them it just surprises me that your wife would drive a Z4 and you a 745Li..I mean I know you drive them all day and I can understand how you would want a long distance cruiser..and I would have thought that you would get some kind of a discount on all Porsches since you work for them, and not only that it would be easier to service the cars..ect..or like for instance my cousin works for Ford, and he and his family all drive Fords, the newer models though, they drive them for like three months and then give them back to the company and they then sell them a fraction lower than the list price..
lol, i expected such an answer

no, just to let u know, private i´m not into cars that much, i think i´ve said that several times b4, i´ve some other hobbys as well, and they are ALL non car related, you know when you´ve to deal with cars, and like me with Porsches, sometimes 50 to 70 hours a week, you´re more than happy to have some other things in life and not just only cars, so we don´t see a reason why to buy e.g. a Carrera, i mean i need (now needed) a comfortable relaxing car just for autobahn from austria to germany and to tell you, i always had BMW´s they are IMO the best cars for my purpose, and untill the 955 came up there were no alternatives, sure we get the Porsches quite below the dealer price but i never felt that i needed a Porsche for private use too, i have them at work and that´s more than enough for me, on the other hand i couldn´t enjoy such a car on public street anyways, i just need something practical, that´s it...

and my wife is a completely different story, for her everything with the Porsche badge on it is just for showing off
so she really isn´t into Porsche, well she isn´t into cars in general, it just has to look nice.....women i guess

nevertheless, one garage in our house is still free....maybe for a Porsche, maybe for something else, maybe not this year, .... well who knows, i already have something in mind but it´s a bit too early to tell...

so, in the end, i don´t give a shit if it´s a Porsche in my garage or not, i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up - but i don´t need one
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote