View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 03:47 AM   #73
nthfinity
Regular User

which is induced by the front air splitter reducing the volume, and therefor, velocity of air under the chassis
i feel kinda stupid for saying this... i meant 'therefore, the velocity of the air under the chassis is accellerated (less volume, greater distance)

thanks for the pictures, as now it makes a bit more sence when looking more keenly at these pictures.

i must note that special things happen near the ground with air, inverted lift, and a normal air foil, so basic principals dont always apply.

1: at ground level, there is inherently more air pressure. with an aircraft, this causes it to seemingly glide effortlessly as it makes an approach vector.
with a car, this is almost negated, as the pressure difference is almost undetectable.

2: air can be almost entirely be re-routed, rather then having to flow both above, and below the car... although, i think there was a flying Mercedes that this didnt work so well with a while back

in any condition, obviously the leading edge takes the brunt force applied to it, and little more then drag is created at that cross section... lukily, bernuli was wrong. (imagine 2 air molecules are next to each other, and one hits one side of a leading edge, and the other follows the other path. bernulli suggested that both air molecules [imagine a ball rather then a wing] would meet each other on the back side fo the object as if undisturbed. ) sorry for rambling, i dont recall what my point was going to be... ops: mabey something relating to friction/thermal loads. there are always sacrifices

anyway, i must say im suprised there arent at least 2 more venturi wings in the tunnel, and the decaying angle makes more sence then an increasing angle for cirtain.
I especially like the shape of the G-series or the 1974-89 shape, if you couldn’t tell from my earlier posts
i 100% agree... well, mostly anyway.