View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 02:12 AM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

LOL

I am renting a Grand Prix GT for the last week - am out in California on work. This car is pretty sad - no traction in the wet unless the wheels are pointed straight . I took it to the twisties in the Marin headlands and the car was begging for mercy ... pretty disappointing.

The Grand Prix GTP that I drove last week at the Houston in the GM driver experience seemed better.

This car has hopeless rear 3 qtr visibility - with a thick C pillar and pinched rear window. Also I found it difficult to judge its extremities.

BTW, I drove the C6 Vette in manual and auto form last week - it was nice ... not as tight as the Z06 but pretty good otherwise. The crazy thing is the button it has for releasing the door - it is pretty illogically placed and hard to find - what is wrong with a simple door handle? The seat controls are also burried deep in. Looks-wise I like it as much as the C5 though it looks like a cut-price Modena unlike the C5 which looked like itself.

I also drove the Hummer H2 on the offroad course (nice on the 30 degree slopes) and the BMW 530i - it was pretty nice on the handling course but not as good as the 325i which was the best car experience there....

Drove a lot of SUVs just for the heck of it

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote