View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 12:51 AM   #35
maalox
Regular User

Originally Posted by alondahan
Originally Posted by f0racer
but it has a higher downforce set-up so it faster on the track (according to Roland Kussmaul).
I think it's bullshit.

you can compare the porsche's downforce figures with the Enzo's and see that the Enzo has much more downforce. and take a look at the monstrous Venturi tunnels of the Enzo. it must have more downforce.

according to porsche the gt has 290 kg of total downforce at 205 mph (top speed).
The Enzo has 775 kg at 300km/h (186mph). that is much over twice the downforce of the gt, at a lower speed!!!! :shock:
Keep in mind that downforce does not necessarily have a linear relationship with speed. The standard method is actually to shape the venturis and other airfoils to produce maximum downforce at mid to high speed, and then slowly taper off to achieve a maximum top end (good for impressing people with numbers, terrifying to actually reach). Likely the Enzo's peak downforce occurs around 186 mph, well below its top speed of around 217 (if I'm not mistaken). In short, without having the two cars beside one another and some pretty fancy kit, we can't tell for sure .

I chose the Carrera GT of the 4, since it strikes me as the most well-rounded. Fantastic performance with the convenience (and likely reliability) of a Porsche--there's no Zonda dealership down the street! Amazingly, I find none of the cars to be achingly beautiful--too many conflicting lines and bulging shapes. I prefer the leaner lines of something like a 360. Probably the Zonda is best in my eye, although it looks a bit 80s for some reason. The Porsche I find quite ugly from the rear, especially with the spoiler extended. But if any of you feel like donating one of these to me, I wouldn't say no .
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote