View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #71
Guibo
Regular User

Originally Posted by findleybeast
Originally Posted by Guibo
150 mph = 220 fps, 220 fps X 2.5 seconds = 550'. That's ~37 carlengths. Tell me again how the Gallardo doesn't pull harder??
not that I want to seem like I'm taking sides on this, because I'm not, but that argument doesn't really hold any water. it would be true if the gallardo was traveling at a constant 150mph, and the 360CS was standing still. of course that's not the case, so even if you do figure out the accelleration for both cars up to a point in time, you'd have to subtract the distance covered by the 360CS from the distance covered by the Gallardo.

your point that the gallardo hits 150mph 2.5 seconds faster is valid, just the math you used to emphasize it is wrong

anyway, back to it
Hey, that's a good point. However, it would also be true if both cars were traveling at a constant 150 mph; the 360CS wouldn't have to be standing still. Of course, at 21.4 seconds when the Gallardo is traveling 150 mph, the Modena isn't quite at 150. But what you're saying makes sense.

For the others...
Here's how these cars compare throughout various tests:

The trend is pretty clear: it would take a miraculous road test of the 360CS to definitively prove that it is faster than the Gallardo. Even then, it's hard to argue that 1 test disproves 4 others. For anyone else saying the F430 is faster than the Ford GT, well, that would put it in Enzo territory, wouldn't it?
Who's got C&D numbers for the F40? I've only got the 0-170 time (which is faster than the F50 by .5 second). By R&T numbers, the F430 is noticeably quicker to 60, but that's it. After that, the F40 is quicker.
Guibo is offline   Reply With Quote