View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #10
jrummi
Regular User

Originally Posted by DUNKiNUTS
It isn't great at all. Look at the SVT Cobra, have the cost and faster, better handling, and tunable on a budget. Anything for the Z06 is way over priced and the Vette just isn't that great of a car.
The 03+ corbra with 390hp did represent a good bang for your buck. It had:

$33,000
390hp, 390 torque, 3665lbs, P/W= 9.4

It comes in just a bit behind the new pontiac GTO in terms of bang for the buck(acceleration), P/W ratio on the GTO is a hair better.

$33,000
400hp, 400 torque, 3725lbs, P/W= 9.3

In no way can the Mustang Cobra compete in straight line acceleration or handling with a C5 coupe, ZO6, C6 coupe or ZO6. All 4 of the corvettes have better P/W ratios, which tell you that they are faster in a straighline. Plus they are all 400-500lbs lighter, have much better brakes, a much stiffer body structure and are generally much easier to drive fast than a Cobra. I've driven a C5 coupe and a C5 ZO6 on track, I've only driven the Cobra on the street.

My opinion, if you like the looks of the Cobra and only care about going fast in a straight line, then the mustang is very good and pretty easy to mod. If you care about going fast on a racetrack, or want a good handling car than any of the Corvettes would be the obvious choice.
jrummi is offline   Reply With Quote