Thread: Retro Muscle
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 05:16 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
That Camaro was designed by a kid i believe, hes a 17 yr old Camaro fanatic. And he designed what he hope GM would make the new Camaros look lilke.
Well - not quite - but close enough.

The "kid" is a young designer Kris Horton and he has published some pretty nice designs and ideas.

No-one has claimed the retro Camaro to be official..

As much as I hate GM as a company and dealer network, I have always loved the look of the '69 Camaro, and LOVE Kris Horton's rendition of the timeless style of the '69 Camaro.

I had the opportunity to drive in one (a '69 Camaro Vert) a while back - boy is the dream NOTHING like the reality though - I always imagined having a'69 Camaro as a daily driver would be cool - but I don't thinks so.. LOL

When I think "60's Muscle - I think '69 ZL1 Camaro' - when I think Hot Rod history and Heritage, I think Corvette.

GM needs to grow some balls and make a car like this.. screw the new GTO..

Popular Hot Rodding first brought young designer Kris Horton to the attention of PHR readers back in the September 2003 issue with his eye-popping rendition of a fifth-generation Camaro. Adorned with Hugger orange paint and a wild pair of SS stripes, then stuffed with a modern fuel-injected Gen III powertrain, Horton's imaginary future Camaro quickly turned into the most talked-about PHR story in recent memory.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...ifth_Reloaded/

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote