View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 04:54 PM   #26
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
congratulations man!! it looks great. you picked the best colour too! i still like the RX8 the most out of these new Japanese coupes (350z, etc..)

i'll be in Detroit next week.....you wanna race on Woodward? or maybe we can meet up and take some more photos for JW

oh...you're still in break-in period right? how long is the break-in period?

have you driven it in the snow yet? how's the traction? Make sure you have the right tires on it, if you're gonna drive it. do NOT drive it with summer tires on...i'm sure you know this already, but i must remind you
It's under the break-in period at the moment, I may be driving down to Purdue to visit one of my buddies there, so by the time I get back I"ll be done breaking it in. As it is, I"ve got less than 300miles to go if I follow Mazda's recommendation. As far as tires are concerned, I'm stuck with the summer tires, as it's a lease car and we only get one set. It snowed today and I drove about 3 miles to get some laundry detergent...I was sliding even during second-gear idle-speed starts...fucking crazy.

Other than that, the car's been great. I know some good roads in the Ann Arbor area, so I took it out for about 2 hours last night, blasted along (keeping under 6000 rpm, still trying to be somewhat conservative). It was wonderful. Beautifully balanced, lots of steering feel, solid brake pedal, slick gearchange. I'm still getting used to having a 6th ratio, I keep leaving it in 5th by accident hehe. Great headlights too thank goodness...saw a few deer which might've made the night a bad one otherwise hehe

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote