View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #9
irrational_i
Regular User

I do not fully agree. I agree that they are definitely midfield but I do not quite agree that BMW and BAR are superior.
Usually a careful look at the in-car shots will show how unstable a car is. Just look at Minardi and Jordan.

I thought the Red Bull looked very stable and smooth. It is definitely an improvement in the Jaguar! That said - Coulthard's eperience should count, but he was fighting with Webber all the way. The Cosworth engine power helped a lot. I am not convinced that they are worse than Sauber or even BAR. I think they will definitely beat sauber.

Another thing that seemed to be ignored by many people is how well the Toyota kept up with the Renault initially. We now know it suffered from blisters. So they seem to have improved to strong midfield too (from weak midfield).

All in all I think Red Bull can expect points but not often more than 6th place unless something strange happens.

So team wise I think the teams in rough order currently are (Group 1)Mclaren, Renault, Ferrari,(Group 2)Williams, BAR, Red Bull, Toyota,Sauber,(Group 3)Jordan, Minardi. Similar to end last year with somewhat rough group edges.

And remember I am not taking drivers into account - I am talking about the cars themselves.

On another note - this makes an interesting read http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=23731
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote