View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 02:29 PM   #26
1zippo1
Regular User

Here's the next update. Partly because I like telling about it, partly because I like to heare what you guys think about it.

OVERVIEW

Not a option anymore:
- Renault Espace 2.2Dci (too large for our garage)
- Audi A6 (really bad middle back seat)
- Volvo S80 (trunk opening too small for my dads ecquipement)
- Peugeot 607 (really low trunk)

Still an option:
- Saab 9-5 2.2 120hp
- Skoda Superb 1.9TDi 130hp
- VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140hp
- Honda Accord (Tourer) 2.2 140hp
We have the Audi A6 2.0Tdi 140hp for a testweekend. We got it on friday evening and will return it tomorrow. I've taken some pics of it, but they're currently on another pc. I'll surely post them later!! IMO the new Audi A6 2.0TDi is a sublime car!! I really really love it. It's really nice to drive & I allways thought of it as a very good looking car, better then anything in it's class. With the optional S-Line pack it's even nicer. That 2.0TDi is a real masterpiece too IMO. I'm not used to a short gas pedal like in the A6 so on several occasions I gave it a lot more throttle then I intended too. The engine has more then enough grunt to overtake and spins really nice. The front seats are great, the ride is very good: not too soft, not too hard. The interior is classy, a bit dark but I like that! My only complaints are the fact that you feel the vibration from the engine through the pedals and the fact that the middle seat in the back is useless. For that reason my dad just can't take an A6 and that's a real shame!!! In the middle of the back seat there's a arm rest with a plastic box in it. That box makes the seat real hard.

The Espace allways was a good option but the fact is that it's too large for our garage...

Tomorrow we'll go and return the A6. My sister and my mom are coming along too see how much space there's in the new VW Passat. But I fear it's rather small compared to the A6...

I wonder how big the Accord is in the back, I just can't find any data on the room on elbow level.

IMO the Skoda Superb makes the best option. My dad can take a full option one for his budget!!

Anyway we'll see what happens... The testweekend with the A6 was a real joy![/b]
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote